Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - The Fall of Oriath Launches! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - The Exiled Tribune - The Fall of Oriath Launches! - MMORPG.com

This week was a big one for Path of Exile with the launch of the highly anticipated "The Fall of Oriath" expansion. Up to now, GGG has been pretty quiet while in "crunch mode" leading up to launch but devs have returned to the forums with new information about the Harbinger challenges and rewards, a new manifesto, the Oriath patch notes, a new mystery box and more. The community's in there as well with some great video guides that you definitely don't want to miss.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    It is also now for some reason completely unplayable on low end systems with 5 FPS.

I played Thursday night and deleted most of my characters in anticipation of playing the 3.0. I was at my usual FPS which was playable.

After the patch? 5 FPS no matter what I do to the settings. If it stays unplayable for long, I will just uninstall and play the other hundreds of games that do work just fine.

I don't want to hear I need a better computer either. They will lose large amounts of customers if they ignore this. Most people have laptops or low end to mid grade machines. Gaming computers are a growing portion of sales but still very small in comparison to the mass marketed Dells and HP's out there.
    Ayinqoma

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• zedsdeadzedsdead Member UncommonPosts: 19

paulytheb said:

It is also now for some reason completely unplayable on low end systems with 5 FPS.

I played Thursday night and deleted most of my characters in anticipation of playing the 3.0. I was at my usual FPS which was playable.

After the patch? 5 FPS no matter what I do to the settings. If it stays unplayable for long, I will just uninstall and play the other hundreds of games that do work just fine.

I don't want to hear I need a better computer either. They will lose large amounts of customers if they ignore this. Most people have laptops or low end to mid grade machines. Gaming computers are a growing portion of sales but still very small in comparison to the mass marketed Dells and HP's out there.

Get a better computer
    Ayinviron93alivenWaan
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited August 2017
    Installed, checked skill tree - which the devs reset - and uninstalled. No time to research, I already have *paid* engineering job for that. Also my scion still sucks badly it seems. This is actually frustrating because I like the plot a lot (especially Gemling Queen storyline). p.s. Bloody thing takes 3 hours to install 7Gb i.e. ~10 times more than it should. Not only GGG game designers sucks but also their programmers.
    jpedrote52[Deleted User]FrodoFragins

Thank you for your time!

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    All these big changes but we still cannot readjust the UI size..Very interesting..
  • viron93viron93 Member UncommonPosts: 10

paulytheb said:

Had you try switching DX version? I got that before problem, i tried DX11 with the new dynamic system, it become smoother constant 60FPS even though the graphic looks a bit bad, go try again
  • viron93viron93 Member UncommonPosts: 10

3dom said:

Installed, checked skill tree - which the devs reset - and uninstalled. No time to research, I already have *paid* engineering job for that. Also my scion still sucks badly it seems.

This is actually frustrating because I like the plot a lot (especially Gemling Queen storyline).

p.s. Bloody thing takes 3 hours to install 7Gb i.e. ~10 times more than it should. Not only GGG game designers sucks but also their programmers.

TL;DR: You sux at the game, just copy a scion build from forum and you good to go, nah apparently you're lazy to do so .... our poe community doesn't need lazy bum like you anyway ;)
    aliven
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    downloaded the game, log back on my character, replaced skill on the new grids, went out a bit, attacked some monster... quited the game, uninstalled the game.
  • doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32

paulytheb said:

Max settings 180+ fps al day long. Ryzen 1600 ,geforce 1060,16 Gb 3200 mhz. and a SSD that makes loading a breeze. ( 2 sex max ).You dont need a better computer.You need a better job to pay for a new computer -).
    edited August 2017
    This game is so good now. I now have 2 games on my computer .Battlefield 1 and Path of Exile. I dont know how they did it but path of exile looks amazing on my 34 inch widescreen.I have a good comp and always 180+ fps on max setting (i turn Vsync on later oc). The game runs smooth as hell and the skills look so cool. I played this game some time ago and uninstalled it. Now it stays on my SSD .

3dom said:

Installed, checked skill tree - which the devs reset - and uninstalled. No time to research, I already have *paid* engineering job for that. Also my scion still sucks badly it seems.

This is actually frustrating because I like the plot a lot (especially Gemling Queen storyline).

p.s. Bloody thing takes 3 hours to install 7Gb i.e. ~10 times more than it should. Not only GGG game designers sucks but also their programmers.

Installing went fast. 12.5 mb/sec . Maybe there is something wrong with your connection?
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I honestly don't understand some of (relatively few) negative comments. This game is fucking amazing, incredibly fun to play, with more character diversity and replay potential than any game I've ever played (this is the ONLY game where I've played alts, so many that I have to delete some to create new characters), and the only honest-to-god free-to-play system with no P2W abuses. The only thing you could arguably complain about in the P2W category is buying extra bank space, but it's not at all essential and, OMG, this company deserves every penny they get. They put out a game that is first class, fun as hell, and charge NOTHING to play it. And it's the only game I know of that can do a server reset in 15 minutes, regularly. None of this day-long downtime.

I don't know how they do it, or if their financial model is successful. But I have sent them hundreds of voluntary dollars because they, more than any other developer team, deserve it. My wife and I are playing through Act 8 right now and are having a blast, even though we've been playing this game since beta. We love it.

As for those people whose computers can't handle it, my sincere condolences. But seriously guys, it's 2017 and time to get up to date, don't you think? If you're a gamer and you can't run a non-3D game like PoE on your computer, it's really time to upgrade.
    lahnmir

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    viron93 said:

3dom said:

TL;DR: You sux at the game, just copy a scion build from forum and you good to go, nah apparently you're lazy to do so .... our poe community doesn't need lazy bum like you anyway ;)
    Which is exactly my biggest gripe with the game. Why have this huge, complex looking skill tree if you're just forced to use a cookie cutter build unless you want to spend hours figuring out game mechanics, trying builds, and rerolling completely if one doesn't work?

If the community consists of elitists like you, then I'm glad I'm not a part of it. I deal with enough assholes every day as it is, I don't need them infesting my entertainment. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

viron93 said:

3dom said:

Which is exactly my biggest gripe with the game. Why have this huge, complex looking skill tree if you're just forced to use a cookie cutter build unless you want to spend hours figuring out game mechanics, trying builds, and rerolling completely if one doesn't work?

If the community consists of elitists like you, then I'm glad I'm not a part of it. I deal with enough assholes every day as it is, I don't need them infesting my entertainment. 

PoE unlike other More casual friendly ARPGs ( like Diablo 3 or torchlight ) rewards players for their knowledge of the game and all it various mechanics. If player fails in their build it means they simply were ignorant of some game mechanic.

at this point there are 3 options:

1: try the exact thing over again expecting different result but fail in the same way.

2: Learn from one's failure and try again, most likely this will lead to another failure, but for a different reason. this is the only option that will lead to eventual success.

3: throw up one's hands and say "I ain't got time for dis sh*t."

all 3 are perfectly valid.

but if you want to give option 2 a go I suggest downloading Path of Building. This excellent tool will let you experiment with builds without having to reroll characters every time a build fails.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

Gorwe said:

What a wonderful game! Now, there are some additions I'm VERY keen on, but nothing that important. The only thing they need to do right now is to fine tune new bosses and, especially this, make them more melee friendly. It's funny how melee unfriendly this bunch is.

Yeah your right melee is so bad need buffs Naow!!!!

( goes back to playing OP broken melee zerker )
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    My sister seems to like ARPG'S, would most of you say this is the best ARPG currently available? I've heard that this is the best F2P game around, and some feel it is better than Diablo 3. Do you have any advice for new players entering the game? From what I have seen there is no character customization, is that still the case after this expansion?
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2017
    The game's free-to-play so you can always just try it out.  From my experience with multiple ARPGs, even in soft-core mode, PoE a bit more hard core than the other ARPGs out there like Grim Dawn and Diablo 3.  So a lot of it might depend on how hard your sister likes her ARPGs, I guess? (including how hard it is to figure out and to reset skill builds, but also including how much you get penalized for death and how easy it is to die).  All three might look like ARPGs on the surface but feel different when played too, in a way I find hard to describe with words (Personally I liked Grim Dawn's the most but your mileage may vary).

Again, it's F2P so it's probably easiest to just try it.  You'll only really need to start to pay if you need more inventory space (maybe), and you'll probably know whether or not you like the game by then anyways.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496

Tiamat64 said:

The game's free-to-play so you can always just try it out.  From my experience with multiple ARPGs, even in soft-core mode, PoE a bit more hard core than the other ARPGs out there like Grim Dawn and Diablo 3.  So a lot of it might depend on how hard your sister likes her ARPGs, I guess? (including how hard it is to figure out and to reset skill builds, but also including how much you get penalized for death and how easy it is to die).  All three might look like ARPGs on the surface but feel different when played too, in a way I find hard to describe with words (Personally I liked Grim Dawn's the most but your mileage may vary).

Again, it's F2P so it's probably easiest to just try it.  You'll only really need to start to pay if you need more inventory space (maybe), and you'll probably know whether or not you like the game by then anyways.

Thanks for responding! We were looking into trying Grim Dawn as it has some character customization, and that is kind of important to us. Considering that Path of Exile is F2P we might end up trying that first and see how it goes. I did hear that it is expensive it is to reset your skills in PoE, so I guess it's important to look up suggested builds before starting a character.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

My sister seems to like ARPG'S, would most of you say this is the best ARPG currently available? I've heard that this is the best F2P game around, and some feel it is better than Diablo 3. Do you have any advice for new players entering the game? From what I have seen there is no character customization, is that still the case after this expansion?

Check out Torchlight 2 as well. Builds aren't as complex as Path of Exile or Grim Dawn, but the game is bright and very smooth too play, and offers tons of depth too.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius