Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free flowing fun

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
edited August 2017 in Albion Online
Been about 2 weeks playing often. played beta early on as well. sometimes in 30 minute bursts. others for hours at a time:  

Pros: (IMHO, others may find these cons)
1.  free flowing:  no cinematics, no cutscenes
2.  No quest hubs
3.  No fast travel unless you wanna pay a heavy silver fee:  i.e. get on a horse and trek it
4.  Gear usage is free flowing:  put on what you want, be what you want, anytime any place.  
5.  if you want it, you can make it, or buy it from the AH.  AH is a bit pricey for T6 and onward.  We'll see if prices go down
6.  Grinding is a part of sandboxes for the most part:  deal with it.  (and no i dont want to hear about that 1 game long ago that was a sandbox but didnt have a grind)
7.  Expeditions  are a good source silver.  If you don't like grinding them, go try a dungeon.  If you dont like that, put on big boy pants and try a dungeon or roaming in a red/black zone.
8.  huge equipment tree:  you could go handcrossbow with a shield, wear plate chest, cloth helm and cloth shoes.  Each kind of armor (leather, plate, cloth) has 3 slots for wearing, and each armor type has 6 different flavors.  but you can mix and match different armor types and flavors.  Same with weapons.  limitless almost

Cons for me:
1.  resource nodes are still a bit camped:  i.e. a bit locusty what with ppl running to and fro harvesting
2.  occasionally there are server blips and kicks.  but you can rejoin back immediately.  not too bad.  
3.  lag in some major cities.  

all in all, if you dont like sandboxes, you will probably go to town on this game making fun of it.  if you like sandboxes and almost limitless possibilities gearwise, you will have fun.  if you want quest hubs, travel-guides in the form of autopathing or an arrow telling you where to go DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.  If you want hand holding DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.  If you like questing DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.  If you want 4K graphics DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.  If you like D2/D3, Titan Quest, or POE, you may like this game.  (I enjoy those games, and am waiting for lineage eternal and lost ark. archeage fans may or may not like it due to the graphics being inferior to Archeage)  If you like crafting, farming, pvp, roaming pve, dungeons, and death penalties, buy this game!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
forcelimaBruceYeeTekmon

Comments

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited August 2017
    Spaced76 said:
    This game is broken. Whatever you do , do not buy this game. Its been live for about 3 weeks every single day the game goes down for hours. Everyday it gets worse. Its is massive Pay to Win. No limit to how much gold you can buy and change it into sliver in the game. Bot everywhere farming, gold selling. also this game is not free its pay to play then sub per month. The only thing about this game you should know is...
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! its bad mmmk 
    Should have started the post with this:  I remember i sold an uber cloak to a guy for $10 bucks in dark age of camelot 16 years ago in 2001. so, dark age of camelot is p2w.  even before the term p2w was invented.  

For the past 5-10 years I've read about how every game that comes out is pay 2 win.  So I, like many others are desensitized to that claim.  Also, there is an ongoing monster debate about how every game is pay 2 win, because I can google any MMORPG you feel is not pay 2 win, and find a site where I can buy ingame currency through their gold site, or buy an account, or buy ingame items with cash.  Go ahead, name an MMO and most likely you can google a gold site.  Anyways, dun wanna make this debate about how every game is pay 2 win.  Path of the exile did a good job of stopping buying ingame items etc with cash, but besides that its everywhere.

Yup its pay to play, and has premium membership for 10 bucks a month.  You can buy gold through the site, convert to silver, and buy some gear from the AH.  But wait, you can't use that gear, you gotta grind until you can unlock it.  Then if you get killed with that gear on, in a pvp zone you probably drop it.  Yeah there might be some oil barons out there pwning everyone, but thats fine.  ill spend 5-10 bucks to compete against them.  beating them down will be fun, and i can take their gear and silver.

you still gotta grind to be able to use that gear.  I dunno, again, for the past 5-10 years, i always reply to people being upset about "P2W", with "name me the game you love that is not p2w and I'll send you link to a gold site where I can get all the stuff you have with real money".  After that the person doesnt reply anymore.  so again, desensitized to the phrase p2w, since every game since 2001 is p2w. 
    forcelima

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I like the ability to loot a player that paid real $ for their gear.

I could pay real $ to max out my personal island for crafting, farming and livestock too though. 

time007
  • TekmonTekmon Member UncommonPosts: 28
    MAGA!