Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valnir Rok [Multiplayer survival game fantasy/vikings settings]

Comments

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    this game sucks ass.. I played it
    Raquis
  • RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    It kind of looks interesting but I dunno, not much hype going around AFAIK.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2017
    Scolioz said:
    Great substantive post about why you feel that way. /sarcasm How about you inform people instead? That would be helpful! 
    Azaron_Nightblademgilbrtsn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Scolioz said:
    To have the word "ass" in your 11th post says more about you than the game! :P
    /notjokingatall
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Scolioz said:
    /notjokingatall
    And it's in at least one other. 

@Scolioz Tell us what is wrong with the game in detail.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Scolioz said:
    /notjokingatall

It sucks ass. 

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    SBFord said:
    Scolioz said:
    /notjokingatall

It sucks ass. 
    These types of comments remind me of an episode of Frasier: What trenchant criticism. Move aside Voltaire, step back in the shadows H.L. Mencken, there's a new kid in town. One can only wonder how many hours {enter username} sat in the glow of his/her computer screen before his trembling fingers sprang to life and pecked out this chef d'oeuvre: "It... *sucks*... ass."
    SBFord

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited August 2017
    SBFord said:
    Scolioz said:
    /notjokingatall

That's one talented reviewer there.
    Scoop him up to do reviews before someone else runs off with his incredible talent! ;)
    SBFordTsiyaOctagon7711

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I put in about 3 hours with this game, its got lots of potential imo. You arrive naked and have to figure out how to make cloths and weapons then a dog killed me and I lost all my stuff, so gather more make more and try to avoid dogs lol. I messed around with the crafting made me a wooden ax with a stone,stick and string, chopped down a bunch of trees and made me a little house by a lake, it wasn't much just 4 walls a roof but it was mine and stayed in game, just need to figure out how to make windows and doors now. I will be buying this one.
    SBFordTsiyaMikeha
  • ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    edited August 2017
    Ok well...  it was just generic, outdated looking... empty looking world...  nothing worth even mentioning...  kinda crappy animations...  looked like a real low budget production hoping to make some easy cash
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited August 2017
    The setting looks good. Mix of historical realism and Nordic mythology based fantasy from the looks of it. That's a solid setting, and I find it visually appealing. 

Ultimately though, the big selling point to me is  "What makes it play different than other survival games currently on the market?"

The presence or lack of a meaningful answer to that question is the largest determining factor in whether I would buy or pass on this game. Sounds like it's something I'll want to pass on for now and see if they can find a compelling answer over the next year or two.