Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Around the Verse - Secondary Viewports & 3.0 Delay Reviewed - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAround the Verse - Secondary Viewports & 3.0 Delay Reviewed - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

Holograms and comms are going to be a big part of Star Citizen, something that Sandi Gardiner and Chris Roberts spend time speaking about. In addition, Roberts reviews what the team is working on with regard to 3.0.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    SC will surely get the first prize in "The Most Potato-faced Characters in Newly Released MMOGame" nomination in 2030. For these guys even $150M isn't enough to create non-ugly toons.
    VikingirOdeezeerpmcmurphyAgent_JosephPopplemazutZandogkinkyJalepeno

Thank you for your time!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    At this time, I am pretty sure that DarkFall will be .. dethroned by SC in terms of development time, which is a very bad thing.

A bit of .."history" :

"On 29 August 2001, Razorwax announced the development of Darkfall and launched its official website."
    "Release EU: 26 February 2009"

"Star Citizen was announced in 2012 with an estimated release date of 2014, and has since been delayed repeatedly"
    "Release : 2030 ( as the guy above said )"

So! We have Darkfall which it was in development for 7.5 years until release, and we have SC which is around 5 years in development and no release date yet.

GO SC!! Take the trophy!

Think is , by the time SC will be released ( and that is an iF actually ) , it will look like :

https://xavnet.nl/eve/2002.12.20.20.48.49.jpg

Wait! That is actually still looking good , despite is an Eve Online Beta screen shot.

Oh well! It will look bad anyway! :)

Looking forward for the next big patch ( 3.1 ) announcement in 2025 when it will be the year when we will go to the moon and have this :

https://www.hookedgamers.com/images/5764/anno_2205/screenshot_pc_anno_2205001.jpg
    VikingirOdeezeerpmcmurphyWalkinGlennMaxBaconZandog

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited August 2017
    I wonder how it would be if every game posted details on their daily workings and features.

I can see them dropping the Dev videos as everyone will be very busy getting ready for live demos to be shown at the conventions.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    IceAge said:
    Looking forward for the next big patch ( 3.1 ) announcement in 2025 when it will be the year when we will go to the moon and have this :

https://www.hookedgamers.com/images/5764/anno_2205/screenshot_pc_anno_2205001.jpg
    Your lol's are weak mister, 3.0 already has one populated settlement outpost in a moon. gg

"It will look bad!" that's what you would have said years ago when it looked like this:https://imgur.com/a/3tKSP ~ the argument fades as it gets better haha

I can see them dropping the Dev videos as everyone will be very busy getting ready for live demos to be shown at the conventions.
    They are dropping the studio updates in the next weeks until 3.0 releases, as the video states. So the new segment is fully focused in 3.0. 

So this is a quite the mix unlike past years, one major release at the same time as the biggest event SC attends to yearly.
    GdemamiZandog
  • RavensworthRavensworth Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Two S.C. Games Star Conflict and Star Citizen. Star Conflict is pay to win but free to play and complete. Star Citizen is Pay, Pay, Pay and incomplete. People pay a monthly subscription to fund developer salaries on a game they have already bought and cannot play.

The ARENA you are flying in is nowhere NEAR what C.Roberts promised. He cannot complete games unless someone reigns him in. He has a history of this. He will continue to add things and add things and not finish the original promise. What Cloud Imperium SHOULD do is finish what they promised originally(Squadron 42, and the smaller verse) then expand the features in upcoming releases.

They have already had to change hardware and software at least once.
    OdeezeeAethaerynZandog

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 585
    As ususal we have the regular guys shooting troncated information on purposes it not directly pure lies.

- Nov. 2012: End of kickstarter with 12 guys, 6 M$ and zero studio

- 2014 : because of the unexpected amount of pledged (50M$ versus 2M$ which was the kickstarter
    target) Backers agreed to increase the scope to two Triple-A: Squadron 42 (solo) and Star Citizen (MMO)

- 2017: The team is now +428, Cryengine have ben heavely rebuild to handle 64 precisions for almost unlimited real space distance, pipelines to create are full uptodate including hologram and much more.

- Patch SC 3.0 bring in few weeks: seamless from space to planet landing (supposed to not be possible before decades according to the warlord of emptiness)... together with more than 180 new features and contents.

- from 2017 to 2018: A schedule of release for SQ42 Chapter 1 is plan to be provided later in 2017 and the remaining patch (3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.6, 4.0) will be release between end of 2017 to end of 2018, bringing Star Citizen in Beta.
    On top of that, despite the haters campaign of few trolls, CIG receive on average per month 2 M$ pledges from new backers... a tragedy... The eennnnd! :)
    WraithonerpmcmurphyCoticPoppleZandog
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Oh god, Blober is here now as well? Is there no article or forum that is free from the Blober taint?
    Zandog
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    JoeBlober said:

On top of that, despite the haters campaign of few trolls, CIG receive on average per month 2 M$ pledges from new backers... a tragedy... The eennnnd! :)
    How do you know they are new backers?
    CoticZandog

..Cake..

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited August 2017
    sgel said:
    JoeBlober said:

Indeed. The majority of the recent funding will have arisen from the new concept items CIG have made available, the Nox in June and the Tunbril Cyclone in July, both more likely purchased by existing backers, not newcomers.
    edited August 2017

People pay a monthly subscription .

The ARENA you are flying in is nowhere NEAR what C.Roberts promised. He cannot complete games unless someone reigns him in. He has a history of this.

- About subscription: LIE. There is no subscription. Starter package is 45$ and nobody have to spend one extra cents...
    - About Arena: This is exactly what was sold to backers. Arena Commander, a module to play/test ships combat while others modules are delivered: Star Marine and PU Persistent Universe
    - Chrirs Roberts ALWAYS delivered all his games :) You can try to rewrite history but the guy did not received such pledges support based on "average result". 2M$ pledges every single month and numbers of New backers increasing as well.... Good luck trolling.
    GdemamiZandog
    edited August 2017

How do you know they are not? :)
    Gdemami
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited August 2017
    JoeBlober said:

- About subscription: LIE. There is no subscription. Starter package is 45$ and nobody have to spend one extra cents...

There are 2 subscription options, 1 is $10, the other is $20, completely optional but they exist, as you well know. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/subscriptions

JoeBlober said:
    - Chrirs Roberts ALWAYS delivered all his games :) You can try to rewrite history but the guy did not received such pledges support based on "average result". 2M$ pledges every single month and numbers of New backers increasing as well.... Good luck trolling.

Delivered but typically a far cry from what was promised. That's been the case time and time again with his work, over-promise/under-deliver. He is the Peter Molyneaux of space games.

Funny how we have to go through the same old crap with every zealot that joins this forum. It's all been claimed and disproved time and time again Blober.
    Zandog
    JoeBlober said:

How do you know they are not? :)  

You are the one who claimed it.
    Where's your proof?
    You aren't lying again are you?

..Cake..

MaxBacon said:

IceAge said:

Your lol's are weak mister, 3.0 already has one populated settlement outpost in a moon. gg

"It will look bad!" that's what you would have said years ago when it looked like this:https://imgur.com/a/3tKSP ~ the argument fades as it gets better haha

They are dropping the studio updates in the next weeks until 3.0 releases, as the video states. So the new segment is fully focused in 3.0. 

So this is a quite the mix unlike past years, one major release at the same time as the biggest event SC attends to yearly.

LOL!

Taking my lol's to serious then?

All you do around here are a lot of "bla bla bla's" . So imagine if someone you know do "bla bla bla's" for 5 years with you! How would you feel? :)

Anyway , on a serious note, it will take Darkfall place in the history , as to the longest game in the..making. SC it's already on 5 years in development and I don't see it released in the next 2.5 years.

..and , good luck with "it gets better" :) No , old technology will always look ... "old" !
    MaxBaconZandog

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

Oh god, Blober is here now as well? Is there no article or forum that is free from the Blober taint?

You realize that your remark is kind of self-trolling? ... because to make it... means obviously that... you are as well in the very same comments section... with zero contribution on top of that :)
    Zandog

Where's your proof?
    >

You are the one claiming it is not true. Where is your proof?

GdemamiZandog
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    JoeBlober said:
    - Chrirs Roberts ALWAYS delivered all his games :) 
    Freelancer would like to have words with you.....
    TheScavengerMaxBacon

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

edited August 2017
    IceAge said:
    ..and , good luck with "it gets better" :) No , old technology will always look ... "old" !
    hehehe well, well, if I go compare SC's "old tech" with the MMO's that have been releasing and in-dev then check back explaining how outdated and bad the tech behind and in-dev for this game will be and look, not getttin there.

Let's see how many years will it take for MMO's to catch up to current standards first, then we can talk the future of how will the technology and looks behind them be in the future.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    Zandog
  • gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I backed this for $60 when you could still get both SC and SQ42, primarily for SQ42.  I am really trying to get into SC but I have to be honest.....each new white knight that shows up turns me off a little more with each post they make.
    ZandogMaxBacon
    edited August 2017

JoeBlober said:

Where's your proof?
    >

You are the one claiming it is not true. Where is your proof?

I didn't say it wasn't true, I asked you how you know they make 2 million a month from new backers?

..Cake..

MaxBacon said:

IceAge said:

hehehe well, well, if I go compare SC's "old tech" with the MMO's that have been releasing and in-dev then check back explaining how outdated and bad the tech behind and in-dev for this game will be and look, not getttin there.

Let's see how many years will it take for MMO's to catch up to current standards first, then we can talk the future of how will the technology and looks behind them be in the future.

heheheheheheheheeh :)
    Zandog

Wait what?
    MMO's will have to catch up with SC?

Are you delusional? :D
    MaxBaconZandog

..Cake..

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    JoeBlober said:
    As ususal we have the regular guys shooting troncated information on purposes it not directly pure lies.

- Nov. 2012: End of kickstarter with 12 guys, 6 M$ and zero studio

- 2014 : because of the unexpected amount of pledged (50M$ versus 2M$ which was the kickstarter
    target) Backers agreed to increase the scope to two Triple-A: Squadron 42 (solo) and Star Citizen (MMO)

- 2017: The team is now +428, Cryengine have ben heavely rebuild to handle 64 precisions for almost unlimited real space distance, pipelines to create are full uptodate including hologram and much more.

- Patch SC 3.0 bring in few weeks: seamless from space to planet landing (supposed to not be possible before decades according to the warlord of emptiness)... together with more than 180 new features and contents.

- from 2017 to 2018: A schedule of release for SQ42 Chapter 1 is plan to be provided later in 2017 and the remaining patch (3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.6, 4.0) will be release between end of 2017 to end of 2018, bringing Star Citizen in Beta.
    You forgot the part where in 2013 CR said the stretch goals would not delay the games 2014 release.

You also forgot the part where in 2012 CR said that he would not have the giant overhead that publishers have and then went about creating a ton of overhead by creating studios on 4 different countries.

You also forgot the part where in 2012 he said he did not want to have a ridiculous group of 300 to 400 people working on the project but then went ahead and did that exact same thing.

Also, could you show me where a majority of the backers agreed to increase the scope of the game?  I only remember a small poll on the official forums were only a few thousand responded.  I hardly think you can say that "backers agreed" when only a small portion actually responded to the poll.

Isnt it cool how both sides seem to omit the facts that go against their opinion?  Looking at what you wrote and the video below, you would think we were talking about two completely different games...

https://youtu.be/5GsZ0Vqedg8

MadFrenchieExcessionZandog
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    JoeBlober said:

There are 2 subscription options, 1 is $10, the other is $20, completely optional but they exist, as you well know. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/subscriptions

JoeBlober said:

Delivered but typically a far cry from what was promised. That's been the case time and time again with his work, over-promise/under-deliver. He is the Peter Molyneaux of space games.

Funny how we have to go through the same old crap with every zealot that joins this forum. It's all been claimed and disproved time and time again Blober.
    He's point still stands and has nothing to do with being a zealot, people contributed based on he's previous work. Even though you consider the games to be over-promised/under-delivered they were rated highly regardless and in some cases seen as classics, and as he said, always delivered, which was the whole argument.  

IceAge said:

Anyway , on a serious note, it will take Darkfall place in the history , as to the longest game in the..making. SC it's already on 5 years in development and I don't see it released in the next 2.5 years.

My question would be, and the problem with that is? I'm not sure why it's seen as taboo for a game to take a long time in development even though time and time again most games that have been pushed out early or just released tend to fall on their ass, with people saying they need more time in development.
    Gdemami
    edited August 2017
    sgel said:
    Wait what?
    MMO's will have to catch up with SC?

Are you delusional? :D
    100% not, I think it's delusional to think otherwise.

Especially in the tech front, not only graphics but the core, the physics, the simulation that run through several systems, the obvious scale vs quality, the tech that allows the streaming in and out of massive high-detail assets seamlessly in a performing manner (like Levski inc in 3.0), to even the UI and the Animation front where mocap that has been a standard in AAA for facial animation and such is still not a proper thing in MMO's, there's many bits where SC is ahead of what other MMO's have or are doing, at this alpha stage where so much is still to be done.

Having the time spent in creating and extending tech, to achieve the quality you would find in one mainstream SP Campaign game, in one MMO.

Because MMO's themselves still have to catch up to the quality (both on visuals and mechanic) of SP/Online games coming out, and that's what I meant.
    GdemamiZandog