Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Fire is the Next Guild Wars 2 Expansion - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Renoaku said:
    When is proper housing, gardening, and farming coming? 

Like I understand its instanced, buying those nodes totally blows when you cant customize or place anything lol...

Also still no world timers on the maps and its been years?
    I'm sure we will see those eventually.  Maybe not in this expansion, but the next who knows.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

So for the people who are going to ask about price:

If you don't own Heart of Thorns, you buy base game + HoT + new expansion = 50 dollars.

If you own HoT = 30 dollars.

Very reasonable in my opinion.

But I just want HoT and the new Exp pack cuz I already heavily invested in the base game..Would there be that option?

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    AI724 said:

If you don't own Heart of Thorns, you buy base game + HoT + new expansion = 50 dollars.

But I just want HoT and the new Exp pack cuz I already heavily invested in the base game..Would there be that option?
    During yesterday's reveal they said that soon there will be a bundle for those who want to buy both expansions at once. Both HoT and Path of Fire are sepparate content packages and if you are not interested in playing HoT you can just pick up PoF without buying the previous expansion. The base game content is all free and buying any of the expansions lifts F2P restrictions tied to the core game.
    AI724
  • exile02exile02 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited August 2017
    Not hyped at all, all i saw big broken promise: NO MOUNTS EVER, then they added them.
    Also those new elites: DAGGERS, DAGGERS, DAGGERS...did i forgot DAGGERS? recycled content with some new visuals attached to it. NO TY. Desert ist kinda a neat addition, i loved that place in GW1.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Loke666 said:

Mounts are more than just a way to get places faster. I appreciate that a great deal. Looks fun.

Agreed but I think they could have done something with mounted combat as well. The way they showed it you get 1 attack and then the mount is gone. I want a lance. :)

Then again, it is something that can be added later, it did look fun to ride them.

It's amazing that MMORPG developers for the most part don't realize how many people want that, or actually try to provide it if they do realize.
    Lotro has mounted combat and as far as I gather it isn't that popular.

..Cake..

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Am I the only one who's a bit underwhelmed by this?
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Hyped! Never thought I would be able to get into Guild Wars 2, but once I did, I came to see how much quality the game has! Thoroughly excited for PoF!

Witty & Wicked >:)

• Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Elite specs are good... Problem is -if we haven/t here certain basic class wich satisfy certain player,this player maybe just would not be interested in any other specializations or classes.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited August 2017
    wow, keep censoring bad comments again? ARE WE AT THIS AGAIN?

let me write it once more

ahh forget it, its just a bad mmo in so many ways. hail GW1. that said, the endboss looks great.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited August 2017
    The most interesting thing about the mounts: no more need for those perma-swiftness traits/signet to travel around maps once you have unlocked one (on any character, it's like the glider). I'm wondering if they are going to remove/rework some of them. I heard there is a balance patch next week, pre-HOT they changed a lots of stuff in the balance patch before the expac...

I love what I saw of the new maps...might be nostalgia, lol. I loved the Crystal Desert in GW1 and The Desolation/Vabbi in Nightfall.

That new Thief and Engineer elite spec looks awesome...well minus the exploding and self-burning inflicting design of the Holosmith.

edit:
    Mounts have dye channels, so despite everyone getting the same models, we will all get to look a bit different.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    After the mess HOT made i can understand not falling for this expansion. We will have to do a wait and see on this and forget buying pre order. My hope is they learned something and went back to how fun the game was at launch.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I'm looking forward to the Firebrand the most. Tome virtues could be really fun.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    exile02 said:
    Not hyped at all, all i saw big broken promise: NO MOUNTS EVER, then they added them.
    Also those new elites: DAGGERS, DAGGERS, DAGGERS...did i forgot DAGGERS? recycled content with some new visuals attached to it. NO TY. Desert ist kinda a neat addition, i loved that place in GW1.
    What? They discussed mounts 6 months before release, said they worked a bit on it but that it wouldn't be included from launch.
    Raids is another matter, there they said they never would add them since the open world bosses would fill that part, I guess they nerfed them so much that only 3 three headed wurm can fill that niche but the whole thing is old news.

I agree though that they could have added a new weapon or at least made a  spear you could use on land.  Daggers are popular but mainly among theives, while I don't see any reason that a warrior can't use them it is not a logical main weapon for them while spears, polearms and a whole bunch of other weapons would make more sense.

But since I get my rifle it is no biggie for me personally, sucks for warriors though.
    exile02 said:
    What? A grand total of 2 elite specs in PoF get daggers. 
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    AI724 said:

When you buy Path of Fire, if you do not own HoT, you get the option to buy both for $50.
    Otherwise you can search for a HoT key online promotion.
    The base game is free anyway.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2017
    exile02 said:
    Why.. oh why... for the love of god.. is anyone against having mounts? 

Please tell me, in detail, what the negatives of having them are? Did you enjoy all the wayshrine loading screens? Don't you want to get to where you're going faster? Don't you want the game to flow better? 

ANet were just being anti-WOW when they claimed no mounts. They said it to appear different and for no other reason.  Mounts are fun, mounts are useful and mounts are cool. It's that simple. They were wrong to veto them and I'm glad they were big enough to accept that.

Mounts are absolutely ideal for riding around and trying to find active events. Wayshrines did NOT address that need.

I don't care what anyone says, hopping on a mount is more fun and more immersive than clicking a map icon over and over again in every way. And, by the dragons, they made mounts move and look way cooler than any other game I've seen, MMO or not.

Also.. like one or two classes are getting a new daggers spec... so why are you going off on one? Fuck knows why you are saying that's recycling. Batshit.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Hariken said:
    After the mess HOT made i can understand not falling for this expansion. We will have to do a wait and see on this and forget buying pre order. My hope is they learned something and went back to how fun the game was at launch.
    They already went back to a more base GW2 design with LS3 post Bloodstone Fen update (smaller events -not map-wide like HoT-, repeatable hearts that open vendors, etc).

Downside, map currency grinding...if you want to buy stuff from the heart vendors.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Why.. oh why... for the love of god.. is anyone against having mounts? 

Please tell me, in detail, what the negatives of having them are? Did you enjoy all the wayshrine loading screens? Don't you want to get to where you're going faster? Don't you want the game to flow better? 

ANet were just being anti-WOW when they claimed no mounts. They said it to appear different and for no other reason.  Mounts are fun, mounts are useful and mounts are cool. It's that simple. They were wrong to veto them and I'm glad they were big enough to accept that.

Mounts are absolutely ideal for riding around and trying to find active events. Wayshrines did NOT address that need.

I don't care what anyone says, hopping on a mount is more fun and more immersive than clicking a map icon over and over again in every way. And, by the dragons, they made mounts move and look way cooler than any other game I've seen, MMO or not.

First let me say there is no downside to waypoints - they are convenient to meet somewhere, they allow you to easily fix stuck in some hole situations, they prevent the all running to the body business. (by the way SSDs really help with loading times)

Now mounts.

Mounts are aesthetically pleasant.
    But historically mounts exist to allow players to skip content and/or as in game money sinks to then save time moving around.

The way Anet integrated mounts in the game seems to avoid the normal downsides and the downsides you would have in GW2 of just missing Events if you were moving too fast.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Maybe it's because it's B2P and it's guild wars but this sounds very underwhelming for an expansion.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    They lost me with HOT, overly complicated navigation around areas, impossible to solo (yes, I LOVE to solo besides it is necessity for me as I can play usually late when impossible to get help; in past I loved to heal with many games), .... I do not have single max leveled alt, before I had nearly all. Original Gw2 was for me one of best gaming experiences, like Wow, Swtor, .... Probably at some time I will buy expansion, but I seriously doubt this will be before around new year. Not falling for preorder trap this time no matter bonuses. Untill then we will know if it is again disappointment as HOT is (for me at least and for many others as I have followed various forums). As I do NOT plan to level any of my alts through HOT torture, I will use one max level they offer and will have to select carefully among existing alts.
    Cazriel
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Hariken said:

This sounds better than HOT and bigger than Morrowind. The 30 dollar price tag with a lvl 80 character boost is great also.

Not for altholics like me. :-) It would be prohibitive to level all my alts this way. I had them nearly all at the end of original Gw2 game, not not a single maxed out with HOT.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Last expansion killed the game for me. Wish them well but Im done with GW2.

Hariken said:

This sounds better than HOT and bigger than Morrowind. The 30 dollar price tag with a lvl 80 character boost is great also.

Not for altholics like me. :-) It would be prohibitive to level all my alts this way. I had them nearly all at the end of original Gw2 game, not not a single maxed out with HOT.
    The game is still one of the most alt friendly games on the planet. I have an alt for every class and even duplicates of most of them - with more on the way. These alts are manageable and profitable in a way that they just wouldn't be in other games. 
    sumdumguy1
    They lost me with HOT, overly complicated navigation around areas, impossible to solo (yes, I LOVE to solo besides it is necessity for me as I can play usually late when impossible to get help; in past I loved to heal with many games), .... I do not have single max leveled alt, before I had nearly all. Original Gw2 was for me one of best gaming experiences, like Wow, Swtor, .... Probably at some time I will buy expansion, but I seriously doubt this will be before around new year. Not falling for preorder trap this time no matter bonuses. Untill then we will know if it is again disappointment as HOT is (for me at least and for many others as I have followed various forums). As I do NOT plan to level any of my alts through HOT torture, I will use one max level they offer and will have to select carefully among existing alts.
    I soloed all of HoT last year when I bought it (well minus the meta-events, a few HP and raids) with a crappy build Engineer (and I hurt my hand during LS1 which means I can't keyboard piano an Engineer anymore, so crappy damage output on top of it). It was slow, but Orr zones in base GW2 near launch were way worst.

I did wait one year to buy HoT because I didn't like a lots of stuff in it (and I'm still totally meh against the "adventures" stuff and them having added raids) but PoF on the opposite looks awesome to me right now.