Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you most excited for in Path of Fire (that has been revealed thus far)?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
Slightly different than my topic of elite specs. But I think a good more general topic for the new expansion.

Personally, I think for me its just the new land itself. I love desert environments (it has other biomes too though), and it sounds like the zones will be huge since mounts are involved. GW2 zones already felt nicely sized though to me, especially with how packed they were full of stuff. That is the one thing that worries me about the new lands, if its going to feel empty or the same as HoT zones...stuff all over the place.

The 2nd thing I actually am excited the most about is...the mounts sound actually like some of the best mounts (mechanic wise) in an MMO (at least out of the ones I've personally played). I haven't seen an MMO where different mounts actually have unique mechanics (besides flying, which doesn't actually count). They seem awesome. Very excited to get my hands on one.

What about you guys, what are you most excited for that has been revealed thus far in Path of Fire? 

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I like desert areas in MMOs as well but I am also excited about the mounts. I remember when it was said we wouldn't have mounts since we have waypoints (some folks were turned off from GW2 because of it). They actually gave them good purpose in this expansion, which is nice. I'm also looking forward to my thief being able to use a rifle. Finally some range for thieves. SO far this looks like a great expansion, and the price is right for once.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Tiller said:
    I like desert areas in MMOs as well but I am also excited about the mounts. I remember when it was said we wouldn't have mounts since we have waypoints (some folks were turned off from GW2 because of it). They actually gave them good purpose in this expansion, which is nice. I'm also looking forward to my thief being able to use a rifle. Finally some range for thieves. SO far this looks like a great expansion, and the price is right for once.
    To be fair did they say that they been working a bit on mounts before the game even released (I think it was story guy Jeff Grubb) but that they doubted it would be in from start. There is no actual need for mounts in the base games besides possibly WvW even though they of course still would be nice to have.

I am still looking forward to them but I am mostly hyped for visiting Elona again, after HoT I thought it would be 3 more expansions before we saw any of those continents again.

And my sniper rifle, it seems way thiefier then using pistols or revolvers. :)
    Tiller
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    It will be interesting though to see how the "old" zones work with mounts, because you can supposedly use them anywhere (maybe not the PvP areas, or maybe there too not sure). Wonder if jumping puzzles will be any easier or some hard to reach vista points lol. Could change the game a lot, even in non-expansion areas (and maybe even HoT expansion zones?).

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I might have to check this out :)
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Slightly different than my topic of elite specs. But I think a good more general topic for the new expansion.

Personally, I think for me its just the new land itself. I love desert environments (it has other biomes too though), and it sounds like the zones will be huge since mounts are involved. GW2 zones already felt nicely sized though to me, especially with how packed they were full of stuff. That is the one thing that worries me about the new lands, if its going to feel empty or the same as HoT zones...stuff all over the place.

The 2nd thing I actually am excited the most about is...the mounts sound actually like some of the best mounts (mechanic wise) in an MMO (at least out of the ones I've personally played). I haven't seen an MMO where different mounts actually have unique mechanics (besides flying, which doesn't actually count). They seem awesome. Very excited to get my hands on one.

What about you guys, what are you most excited for that has been revealed thus far in Path of Fire? 
    EQ2 has Mounts that Leap,Glide , Fly ,Bounce, Zipp,Zapp,over under sidewise down backward forward square and round ............
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Well....

• The Firebrand
    • The Weaver
    • The Spellbreaker
    • The Spiritbeast
    • Mounts
    • New maps
    • And.... dat Elonian soundtrack.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Loke666 said:
    Tiller said:
    To be fair did they say that they been working a bit on mounts before the game even released (I think it was story guy Jeff Grubb) but that they doubted it would be in from start. There is no actual need for mounts in the base games besides possibly WvW even though they of course still would be nice to have.

I am still looking forward to them but I am mostly hyped for visiting Elona again, after HoT I thought it would be 3 more expansions before we saw any of those continents again.

And my sniper rifle, it seems way thiefier then using pistols or revolvers. :)
    2:00:05

Deadeye info

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I have no idea, I bought HoT but never played it. But now im thinking shall I return on a mount and do all the puzzles and explore, also ele elite seems cool! 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Tiller said:
    2:00:05

Deadeye info

Gods, that is way nastier then I thought. And people were whinning a while back when thieves used double pistols... Sieging will be harder with that insane range.

I have a feeling we will see some balancing just after launch. Thanks. :)
  • GavyneGavyne Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Since I'm more of a WvW/PvP player in GW2 and my main is a necro, the expansion reveal left me not very excited at all.  There is zero new content in the expansion for WvW & PvP, and yes I know they claim they work these two gamemodes separately.  But when people look at an expansion, they want to see new content for the gamemodes they enjoy.

And Scourge, I like seeing a shroud-less build, but they did not add enough to compensate for removing the shroud for this build.  It's a niche build for WvW, won't be utilized in sPvP, and probably will be used in casual PvE grouping.  Overall, it does not wow me like the Weaver did.

Anet will have to do more to get me want to buy this expansion.  We'll see what more they'll reveal in the upcoming weeks.

Played: EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-LOTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO-BDO
    Waiting For: CU & Vanilla WoW

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looking forward to mounts and Ranger plus Necro updates.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Most important thing, the confirmation of their path of continual content patches... like every 2 months.. and hopefull an expansion with new elite specs every year or so..

the game is great as it is..  
    rertez

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited August 2017
    I never understood the Elona love in GW1. I played it all.. it was just more of the same. Why it was massively requested is something I just can't understand. I'd have rather had a very different type of theme instead of desert, something new like Underdark or Moria type areas; massive underground areas. I know it's still going to be varied but it's all based around mostly arid landscapes.

After spending so much time in The Silverwastes and Dry Top... the last thing we all needed was more arid landscapes...

Anyway, I'm most looking forward to being able to get world completion on all my alts whilst using the mounts. Going to be much more enjoyable.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I never understood the Elona love in GW1. I played it all.. 

The Elona love was summed up best here: 

Loke666

Oderint, dum metuant.