Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Fire is the Next Guild Wars 2 Expansion - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Nasa said:

PoF is a standalone game so you can buy it for $30 even if you dont own HoT.

Hm? :)

Well .. I must say that I am very impressed about PoF. I loved the specialization and the mounts.

Sadly .. it's just me, I know , but .. can't really farm for skins. This is the only reason I don't play GW2. I want to feel the upgraded items, to joy them .

With that being said, I .. think I might give PoF a try. Been a long time since I played GW2 and I really liked it.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Since there are 5 new open world zones, does this mean that there will be a new level cap?

Also is there a date announced yet or not?

Haven't played GW2 since pretty much the launch, but thinking of getting back into this game.

9/22 - so 7 weeks, and no new level cap - its just full content.

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    They are connected - Crystal Desert is to the North of Desolation, which on itself was the the northmost  area of Nightfall in GW1.

You could travel between Crystal Overlook (Nightfall) and Arid Sea (Prophecies) by talking to an NPC if your account had both chapters.
    I always had the impression that there were sea between them but I must have missed that npc and always went by Lions arch. 

Not that it really matters, it had a few zones in Elona, looked like Vabbi and possibly Kourna as well.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Nasa said:

PoF is a standalone game so you can buy it for $30 even if you dont own HoT.

Also remember, you should be able to upgrade the base expansion to deluxe edition with gems later if you choose.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited August 2017
    Just noticed, Warrior gets daggers, and they have been able to use long bow for some time. Based on the video, it looks like Warrior is just a stronger better version with good mobility. So now my Thief is worthless xD Time to use my Warrior I leveled up ages ago.

SWG Bloodfin vet

IceAge said:

Hm? :)

Well .. I must say that I am very impressed about PoF. I loved the specialization and the mounts.

Sadly .. it's just me, I know , but .. can't really farm for skins. This is the only reason I don't play GW2. I want to feel the upgraded items, to joy them .

With that being said, I .. think I might give PoF a try. Been a long time since I played GW2 and I really liked it.
    Yeah, if you have full ascended gear it might be hard to motivate oneself to get the legendary weapons and armors if that is what get you playing. There is a buff between exoctic and ascended but legendary is basically an ascended item with cooler skin + effect and an insanely amount of grinding to get it.

I played a lot and still only have a legendary knife, the collection sets are just too expensive/grindy and I never gotten any precursors from the mystic toilette, not from lack of trying. I guess I could sell all junk I have and buy another for gold but it just feels like cheating.

But a new expansion always deliver some exploration and other reasons to play, I have no doubt you can get at least 30 bucks of fun out of it even if you prefer gear as motivation. That is assuming you left after getting full ascended gear which was patched in long after the game came out, otherwise you have some gear to fix as well.
    Tiller said:
    Just noticed, Warrior gets daggers, and they have been able to use long bow for some time. Based on the video, it looks like Warrior is just a stronger better version with good mobility. So now my Thief is worthless xD Time to use my Warrior I leveled up ages ago.
    WHAT? Phew, giving warriors knives wont help them against my thief, no sirre. Besides, we get an awesome sniper rifle, take that you knife wielding lump of flesh. ;)

Seriously, so far warriors are mainly a threat if they get that nasty zweihander sword rush to hit, I think that is about 90%+ the reason warrior killed me in PvP. That or being 3 against 1. Thieves rulez.
    Now mesmers is a different matter, and necros. A good playing mesmer is really dangerous and necros are dangerous even with slightly greener players, only a really good player pulls of a mesmer but when they do they take me down faster then anything else.

That might be just me though, I suck at playing warrior.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Loke666 said:
    They are connected - Crystal Desert is to the North of Desolation, which on itself was the the northmost  area of Nightfall in GW1.

You could travel between Crystal Overlook (Nightfall) and Arid Sea (Prophecies) by talking to an NPC if your account had both chapters.
    I always had the impression that there were sea between them but I must have missed that npc and always went by Lions arch. 

Not that it really matters, it had a few zones in Elona, looked like Vabbi and possibly Kourna as well.
    It was not really the most convenient way of travelling, having to go through explorable zones. :-) 

BeezerbeezGorwe

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Loke666 said:
    Tiller said:
    WHAT? Phew, giving warriors knives wont help them against my thief, no sirre. Besides, we get an awesome sniper rifle, take that you knife wielding lump of flesh. ;)

Seriously, so far warriors are mainly a threat if they get that nasty zweihander sword rush to hit, I think that is about 90%+ the reason warrior killed me in PvP. That or being 3 against 1. Thieves rulez.
    Now mesmers is a different matter, and necros. A good playing mesmer is really dangerous and necros are dangerous even with slightly greener players, only a really good player pulls of a mesmer but when they do they take me down faster then anything else.

That might be just me though, I suck at playing warrior.
    Yeah that rifle will be nice. Just wait till people start complaining about invisible thieves hiding out and sniping them. One of my main complaints about thief has always been the lack of long range  attacks vs Ranger.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Those mounts sound lame. Couldn't they have come up with race specific mounts instead? It would've been so much cooler. Imagine Asuran with a golem mount or a Moa bird. Humans with horses or dolyak. Norn with a bear. Sylvari with a sylvan hound. Charr would be tricky though.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]winghaven1PinoXAlomar
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited August 2017

Tiller said:

Spoiler alert

Hmm.. it seems from that second video, at 12:35, that mounts are part of events only and not permanent. That would be a shame really.

edit: This link assumes that mounts will also need to be unlocked and leveled, or something.

"but they are on unlocked as your progress the expansion and you power up each with their mastery line."

"They are account wide unlocks to mesh up with the mastery system."
    Post edited by observer on
  • turin231turin231 Member CommonPosts: 5

observer said:

Tiller said:

Spoiler alert

Hmm.. it seems from that second video, at 12:35, that mounts are part of events only and not permanent. That would be a shame really.

edit: This link assumes that mounts will also need to be unlocked and leveled, or something.

"but they are on unlocked as your progress the expansion and you power up each with their mastery line."

"They are account wide unlocks to mesh up with the mastery system."

Nope...The mounts will be permanent and they will also be usable outside the PoF maps. They will be part of the mastery system...Just like Gliding.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    this is how you do it! i hate it when they annonuce expansions only to reveal that they wont release until a year after.
    Nepheth

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    if I order now, do I get the last expansion to play right now? to catch up on the game again?
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47

Myrdynn said:

if I order now, do I get the last expansion to play right now? to catch up on the game again?

They say on official page :

Looking for Heart of Thorns? You can add it during checkout, and purchase both expansions together.

so with only POF u cant play 1st expansion , u can play last expansion [ 1st one ] if u buy HOT as well or u can buy only HOT now and 2nd expansion later.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

kalca said:

Myrdynn said:

They say on official page :

Looking for Heart of Thorns? You can add it during checkout, and purchase both expansions together.

so with only POF u cant play 1st expansion , u can play last expansion [ 1st one ] if u buy HOT as well or u can buy only HOT now and 2nd expansion later.

ahh yes it doesn't show up til you actually get ready to check out

prob just play original for now and add later if I am enjoying it, I got pretty bored pretty fast last time
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited August 2017
    Yes it can be like that sometimes cose u need to set some goals for yourself , some short and long term goals u want to do and achieve.HOT from todays perspective was an amazing expansion.
    Nyctelios said:
    I have to agree the price is pretty much on point. I dislike the mounts and overall design tho.
    On price point u can get all for 49.99 [Standard Version] So u get Core game,HOT and POF its not bad deal. All those Delux or Ultimate versions are not needed and u can upgrade later with in game gold > gems if u want. I like those mounts :D

Nyctelios said:

I have to agree the price is pretty much on point. I dislike the mounts and overall design tho.

I have a feeling they will add skins such as the gliders.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    I am officially pumped!  Look like D3, SWTOR and FF XIV are going on the back burner.  I am enjoying SWL right now but the timing of the expansion appears to be perfectly timed for me.  I am also glad that so many other appear to be excited as well.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Loke666 said:

Mounts are more than just a way to get places faster. I appreciate that a great deal. Looks fun.

Agreed but I think they could have done something with mounted combat as well. The way they showed it you get 1 attack and then the mount is gone. I want a lance. :)

Then again, it is something that can be added later, it did look fun to ride them.

It's amazing that MMORPG developers for the most part don't realize how many people want that, or actually try to provide it if they do realize.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This sounds better than HOT and bigger than Morrowind. The 30 dollar price tag with a lvl 80 character boost is great also.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Not falling for this shite again.
    TillerAI724winghaven1devilutionexile01Maurgrim
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Love, mounts and what they're doing with the classes, shape shifting ranger sounds great. Hate, putting everything behind a grind wall.

I did ok unlocking the skills I needed without to much difficulty in HoT but if they've escalated the grind this may be it for me.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Pvp and wvw updates will come when they are ready. Keep in mind once the expansion is out, another living story is said to release maybe about 2 months later.

I wonder if they'll continue to come out with new maps for living story season 4, just like season 3.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited August 2017
    Can we get a horse mount?
    @winghaven1

[Deleted User]