Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

banned

13»

Comments

• StevonStevon Member UncommonPosts: 221
    natpick said:
    looks like someone got access to my acount today so i changed password try to login and got message im banned for selling gold for ever,apparently this is happening alot but my main concern is with the company,i just dont trust them after playing since release,i mean i posted a few concerns regarding the buisness model and next time i try to login im banned. i couldnt give a shit about losing my acount but something seems off with this company and i have played games and mmo's since they started and never felt like i dont trust any of them untill now.
    If you were really a victim of a gold seller accout hack then 1) how did the gold seller get access to your email to validate login and 2) it wouldn't take long to prove you were a victim as the login IP would have changed to a completely different subnet.

I'm guessing you weren't a victim after all...
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Rhoklaw said:
    Just stop playing the damn game. It's obvious they setup the ToS / EULA in favor of them being able to ban anyone. What kind of stupid developer designs a ToS / EULA stating that if you trade items in exchange for something not equal in value, that they can automatically assume you are committing a heinous crime. This is more retarded than BDO's inability to trade period.
    A lot of games have that. You also have to look at it like this, the devs have to cover their own asses. That probably just is worded like that so that if they know something fishy happened then they can use that. I'm sure it wouldn't be used against an account unless it was an outrageous amount difference in normal market value. The devs for other games just have better systems in place for checking if it's legit or not. I'm sure Albion will at some point too. But I haven't seen that many people complaining about their accounts getting hacked yet so maybe this dude has a keylogger or something.

I remember in Eve my friend bought quite a bit of ISK, but the next day they caught it, and just reversed that specific amount out of his wallet in game. 

The problem is, in an MMORPG, you will not usually (I say this because it's not always the case) have someone trading something tiny for a large amount. Usually that screams scam or selling gold. Gold sellers have tried every method of abusing in game trading to be more secretive, but it seems like any time I see people talking about it it's always trading garbage items for giant sums of in game money. 

It is strange that the ban can't be appealed, but at the same time there's no reason his account should have gotten the password changed, because that would mean someone had access to the email and the original password. I'm guessing it was a keylogger. I'm sure with enough push Sandbox will just reverse the ban, if you can somehow provide proof or get them to look up the IPs. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've been on forums in which people admitted to cheating and were even asking for advice on how to get their account unbanned.  I'm not saying this is what's happening here cause I don't know the person.  But I can see the game not telling how a cheat was detected because others can read about it and make the changes needed to avoid that type of detection.  
    Bottom line, it's just a game.  
    No one owns the game but the company so it's on loan or rental to you basically.  
    It's not the only game in town.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited July 2017
    Hacked once shame on them. Hacked twice shame on you. 

It's not the devs problem if you got hacked. Time for some digital lifestyle changes if that's truly the case.  There's way too many tools to at least make it difficult to get compromised.

I just hope you're not selling a story (to us AND yourself).
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Hey thanks all for the replies I have actually been reading all these replies to this thread because I find it rather interesting that more people besides myself are complaining, personally I consider people innocent until its proven they are guilty, but obviously SBI, considers people guilty before innocent.

Anyways I know cheaters like to lie "I Wasn't Cheating" all the time, but I rarely see cases at least myself on these forums where people have been unfairly banned im Sure it happens where a cheater tries to lie to get unbanned.

I know its a persons job to secure their own account, 
    but how come this game has no 2FA Key Token Authentication, or Mobile Authentication option for every login, Like I know it asks when I login from a mobile device for example but there has been times I have logged into my account from a different computer and was never asked for a 2FA code, which leads me to believe there maybe a problem with the games security which gold sellers can abuse to access a persons account, it wouldn't be the first time I have seen an exploit related to account security in this game.

How does one also explain the above posts where they tell he person he was banned for 4.5.1, and then tell them another story of being banned for using a bot, cheat, or hack.

Support 7/24/17, 1:00 PM
    Hello,

Individuals who continue to submit tickets have been known to be blocked from submitting more tickets. All evidence is reviewed in all cases but that does not mean it is accurate. Accepting payment in any form is against the Terms and is not negotiable. 

Anyone who is banned from Albion is also forbidden from creating a new account and will have any associated accounts terminated as well.

Hope this answers your questions. 

Basically this game company admit to a friend inquiring about me being banned before banning them from customer service too that they review all evidence, but not all evideince is accurate, did they really just prove to another person that they can't even keep good records of what a player is doing before banning them?

I have pretty much moved on with this game already seeing what type of company they really are and looking for better games which will not ban a person for freely trading like EVE, great game never got banned for freely trading.

Kyleran[Deleted User]Gdemami
  • DeepfallDeepfall Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited July 2017

Hatefull said:
    Deepfall said:
    What I don't get is why is there even a need for people to use 3rd party?

The game has a built-in Gold/Silver conversion system.  

I'm personally glad to read these cheaters are getting themselves banned.
    It boosts my confidence in Albion Online.
    I agree with your last line.

As to your question, they come here to cry when they get caught doing things they KNOW damn well they are not supposed to do, and they want people to commiserate with them and make them feel better about being the bottom feeders of the gaming world.

They buy 3rd party gold for a myriad of different reason. Everything from being an "I want it all I want it now", to just being skilless, to you name it. They will try to justify it in many many ways and at the end of the day, it is all BS. They are cheats and ner do wells and they end up getting what they deserve.
    This is clearly one of the most enlightening thread that I've come across so far. You are right. Cheaters come here and cry in one desperate last attempt to cause even more damages than they already have before getting themselves banned. And they get double-caught. I wonder where they go then.

This website is crowed with testimonies of people that only want to share their hate for a particular game. And this is the first time I notice that 80% of them mention in very vague and broad terms:
    i) a disagreement with the game business model,
    ii) a disagreement with the way rules are being enforced,
    iii) a copious amount of hatred for the developers.

Sandbox Interactive nailed it by speaking of a heinous crime against their intellectual property. Cheaters do feel haunted by their consciousnesses, by their shame and by their guilt. This situation must be outraging for the developers. More than half of their reviews get written by the most disgracing part of our community.
    I was not sure until yesterday that I was interested to purchase the PC version of Albion. I was considering to stay away until the iOS version release. I'm glad I changed my mind, not only because Albion is a fantastic game, but also because the developers came here to explain us certain points.
    This is rare but so far, I'm a 100% positive with a game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Renoaku said:
    Hey thanks all for the replies I have actually been reading all these replies to this thread because I find it rather interesting that more people besides myself are complaining, personally I consider people innocent until its proven they are guilty, but obviously SBI, considers people guilty before innocent.

Anyways I know cheaters like to lie "I Wasn't Cheating" all the time, but I rarely see cases at least myself on these forums where people have been unfairly banned im Sure it happens where a cheater tries to lie to get unbanned.

I know its a persons job to secure their own account, 
    but how come this game has no 2FA Key Token Authentication, or Mobile Authentication option for every login, Like I know it asks when I login from a mobile device for example but there has been times I have logged into my account from a different computer and was never asked for a 2FA code, which leads me to believe there maybe a problem with the games security which gold sellers can abuse to access a persons account, it wouldn't be the first time I have seen an exploit related to account security in this game.

How does one also explain the above posts where they tell he person he was banned for 4.5.1, and then tell them another story of being banned for using a bot, cheat, or hack.

Support 7/24/17, 1:00 PM
    Hello,

Individuals who continue to submit tickets have been known to be blocked from submitting more tickets. All evidence is reviewed in all cases but that does not mean it is accurate. Accepting payment in any form is against the Terms and is not negotiable. 

Anyone who is banned from Albion is also forbidden from creating a new account and will have any associated accounts terminated as well.

Hope this answers your questions. 

Basically this game company admit to a friend inquiring about me being banned before banning them from customer service too that they review all evidence, but not all evideince is accurate, did they really just prove to another person that they can't even keep good records of what a player is doing before banning them?

I have pretty much moved on with this game already seeing what type of company they really are and looking for better games which will not ban a person for freely trading like EVE, great game never got banned for freely trading.

You have definitely not moved on yet from Albion else you wouldn't discuss it every day on multiple threads.

Also you bring up EVE, while you freely trade very few people trade items for free unless its between accounts they own, corpmates or close personal friends

CCP has been doing this for a very long time now so understandable they are likely better at discerning the truth.

Albions devs may have made bad decisions banning you and others, its potential lost revenue which in time they'll learn how to make better decisions. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    In my opinon the guy is pissed he got caught and can not let it go.
    ForgrimmMrMelGibson
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    If you're going to use multiple accounts at least use a different style FFS..... 
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Well me personally I admit when I break a rule in a game if I find out that something I did was actually not legal like my trade between the game, (...) I was still able to login to my account which I should not have been able to do because of a security exploit there, so I believe it is possible that these bots or cheaters may have found a way to bypass 2FA even if the game does have it.
    edited July 2017
    This is miserable.

Come on, wake up! You are getting to the point of confessing hacking Star Wars Galaxies until forcing innocent developers to rush forward with the NGE.

Do you realise that the more you try to explain yourself, the more we are glad that you were banned early this time around?
    edited July 2017
    Well I haven't been on multiple threads lately discussing bans only this one really reading the responses, I really hope that if you all did nothing wrong, you all get your bans removed because truthfully its getting banned and putting your trust into a company to be ban for no reason or fault of your own.

I haven't really cared since this company has freely admit to my friend that not all evidence is accurate, and prove that more so by bans on others being told one thing the first time, then being told another reason the second time.

I am in full support of Albion getting rid of cheaters, but I strongly disagree with their practices, and methods being used like accusing people under 4.5.1 just for freely trading in a game, while it is rare in games such as EVE, that people give away things for nothing in return players do actually do this, in fact I've done this multiple times over a 17 year period giving away free items to new players, but most compared would be in EVE giving away items, and Arche Age were the biggest things I ever gave away free, no real money, and no one got banned for it.

Obviously if someone is giving away like too much stuff like lets say 10k gold a day to random and multiple people over and over again, or patterns of doing this over a said week or days then they are likely trading for real money, but when they only do it to a few people and are actually playing the game, a legitimate company who investigates properly would see that a player isn't illegally trading for real money.

Yes I know there are lots of cheaters out there who illegally love to cheat, I see them on YouTube, a popular cheat forum, and other places but not everyone is dishonest just because others actually cheat and then think they can appeal a ban on a public forum.

. Also just on a note those who think I am using multiple accounts here just FYI, having multiple accounts is against the rules, and spreading false information or lies about a person or company I read is also against the rules not something I do.
    GdemamiBig.Daddy.Samedi
    edited July 2017
    I'm so glad you were banned.

You are beyond hope. You admitted trading with a 3rd party, you confessed hacking your own account to circumvent your own ban, you did change your version of the story multiple times, you admitted encountering problems on other games too before taking it back, 
    No one is going to feel sorry for you. We the players, we are glad you got banned.
     Does rage posting helps you to circumvent your feeling of shame, your guilt and your extensive remorses? 
    forcelimaMrMelGibson
  • navajinavaji Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Sandbox Interactive is a young company and aside from creating the game they don't fully understand how the business and customer service side works. They are focusing way to much energy on trying to play the roll of international police vs credit card fraud then working in the game they made. Its hurting ALL players not just the bad ones.

There have a been a few bloggers writing about it;

http://navaji.kinja.com/albion-offline-1797666505

Gdemami
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    navaji said:
    Sandbox Interactive is a young company and aside from creating the game they don't fully understand how the business and customer service side works. They are focusing way to much energy on trying to play the roll of international police vs credit card fraud then working in the game they made. Its hurting ALL players not just the bad ones.

There have a been a few bloggers writing about it;

http://navaji.kinja.com/albion-offline-1797666505

Actually, the fight against online cheaters has been going on for some time now. The fact that Sandbox Interactive takes a zero tolerance stand against cheating should actually be encouraging to you. Honestly, if this was of no concern to the community at large then I'm sure they'd allow it, and even compete for your money by selling or allowing the sale of items in-game and then taking a cut for themselves. It's actually much more profitable than performing mass bans of paying customers. So, please, talk to me about how gamers simply want to allow cheaters to play along side them. If you can actually do that I'll give you 10 articles to your 1 that speaks a different story about what MMORPG players want. 
    KyleranforcelimaMrMelGibson

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    I am happy they have banned gold sellers, but why have they only banned 100 bots? They have banned 2800+ gold sellers or players associated with gold sellers, but only 100 bots? I have reported over 100 bots personally. Their priorities are all wrong, the bots will kill the game... All of the lower tier resources are essentially worthless due to the mass botting and it seems to me they have banned so few just for show. 
    Kyleran
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wow, still trying to convince yourself that you're over albion huh?  It's adorable how you pretend to be 3 different accounts on the same thread.  You did the same thing before sending me private messages threatening me for calling you out on your stupidity. 

Seriously, mmorpg.com staff.  Why isn't this idiot banned here yet?  The multiply accounts alone should ban his account.  His cognitive dissonance is lowering the IQ of every genuine poster on this site.  Maybe its time for a permaban?
    Wow, still trying to convince yourself that you're over albion huh?  It's adorable how you pretend to be 3 different accounts on the same thread.  You did the same thing before sending me private messages threatening me for calling you out on your stupidity. 

Seriously, mmorpg.com staff.  Why isn't this idiot banned here yet?  The multiply accounts alone should ban his account.  His cognitive dissonance is lowering the IQ of every genuine poster on this site.  Maybe its time for a permaban?
    Nah the OP isn't me here I really don't give 2 cents anymore, although it would be great if the company was in the U.S so I could take legal action to gain access to a product that was never delivered because the company accused of RMT purchases during the beta then clearly told people they don't have to prove it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/6rnxwq/banned_for_using_3rd_party_transactions/

Not only did it happen to myself, but it happened to the other poster here, and another person on reddit who accepted in game currency without paying "Real Money" to my knowledge you have to pay Real Money for it to be illegal so accepting currency from a gold seller without knowledge, or if someone else purchased gold and had it delivered to someone else then it would be legal to accept it, not saying I ever would because I hate gold sellers but besides the point.

The company has finally started to take actions to prevent the fraud happening on their game such as restricting gold purchases to a certain rank, but the damage to the economy the cheating guilds who did cheat, and the damage has already been done as the company took no actions at launch to prevent the cheating they admitted to me that they knew Fraud was taking place during beta, so why not disable gold transactions at launch and put in the restrictions to prevent RMT / Gold Sellers from committing fraud in the first place.

Nothing is 100% effective but they could have done more at launch as a company and they accuse anyone who had a transaction or transactions with any gold seller of RMT even if its just a single day or time that it happened that needs to stop I like the way "EVE Handles RMT" on first time events they remove gold or isk and make you pay it back on first time offenses that gold comes from an illicit party involved.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Gah...you said the "candymans" name 3 times and he reappeared again.
    :)
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Renoaku said:
    Konfess said:
    "Face. I, as a user of your services, would like to get acquainted with the evidentiary basis of the violation of the user agreement under item 4.5.1"

Why do companies with hold this "evidence" from the accused violators?  Because this is the very information violators need so they don't get caught. 

Every time a new anti-ID hacking scheme is put in place we see post talking about privacy violation.  But the only privacy being violated is that of account hackers.

Multi Factor Authentication, is vital.
    [edited]

The problem begins when Legitimate customers start to get banned because of account hacking, and not unbanned as well as forbidden to create new accounts under the user agreement.

The other problem is accusing people of buying gold without being able to fully back it up, this company assumes you bought gold because someone gave you gold, I was reading the Albion Online forums a user who got banned, admit they commit fraud, or bought illegal currency and started handing it to a bunch of players freely accepting it.

As for MFA, back when I palyed Albion before anything happened when my IP changed, and my PC Hardware changed I was not required to use MFA or confirm my email that it was actually me logging into the game, don't know why, I know on my mobile device it asked but not on my PC.
    And posts like yours is the very reason for the problem you are complaining about.  Now I'm not going to explain how or why.  Just know that it is, and stop doing it.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I just have to say its amazing at the amount of people that replied to this post ( including me). Guess a lot of people listen to street hustle and buy into it a lot.