Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Day & Beyond - Our Exclusive Interview with Stefan Wiezorek - Albion Online Interviews

13»

Comments

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Bought the game 2 years ago.
    Sold it before release.
    -50% loss. 

Lesson learned. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Mitara said:
    That guy, Renoaku, totally guilty. Nobody can go on and on and on and on without being guilty...

*await PM*
    I only PM two people on here who wanted a big debate, no names given, and I won't respond to the few who want to come on here and stir up (PM Drama) as PM stands for private message btw and there is a delete button, and a block button.

As for being guilty it still stands, I am waiting for this company to come here, or in my email or whatever and show me the actual proof which they decline to besides a few words in chat there is none other than this company that Threatens to ban players accounts under section 4.5.1 which is in their revised Terms & Conditions for trading or receiving a Large amount of currency, or Items in the game, this means that if lets say I played Albion for 6 months and had a bank full of items then decided to quit the game If I gave everything away in my bank to someone else a friend or something they would either ban me for being a seller, or ban my friend accusing them of purchasing items, and unless we specifically say it in game why we are doing the trade so the GM's have proof they will assume that my friend or whomever purchased it illegally.

I still know what happened was against the rule because it was an outside favor, but this company lies and says I purchase currency for real money and that is not something I will stand for, they also remove and censor posts on their own forums in regards to bans, and even a post the other day in regards to customer service telling a person they couldn't change their email on their account was deleted / edited, its simply the way SBI is as a company, and this is what I get for trusting them for 4 years. Never in 17 years, have I seen any company do this even those who did illegally purchase currency, or exploit like in BDO recently most do not get banned for life on any first offense, or for free trading in a sandbox game.

Also its against the rules on this site to actually post false information so its not something I would do, and if I were actually guilty of purchasing from a 3rd party as they claim which they still have not proven yet, then I would never have complained in the first place, I am not saying that I didn't do anything wrong, I am saying that this company lies about the reason for the ban and there is nothing I hate more than lies, dishonesty, and backstabbing, and this doesn't just apply to this game, but its a standard I generally hold as I have met a few other people like this before and quickly parted ways with them.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Pesky said:

SlyLoK said:

I would be all over this game if it had a pve server. I have played UO on and off for many years because of Trammel

I totally agree. It has some wonderful PvE features, but I can't help feeling that it's all just bait to draw the carebears in so that we can provide 'killable' content for the PKers.

I'm a big ol' carebear, so I'll be giving this game a miss. But I'm curious to see if a full loot, PvP game will survive in today's market.

Still, I wish them well, but I have my doubts.
    I don't think that's the reason at all.

Even PvP players need a break from constant fighting.

There seems to be a massive misconception about open PvP games in that they're only for the hardcore PvP crowd.

Don't get me wrong you get the "leet" crowd jump in but the trouble they have is they look down on "carebears" and end up getting rolled by guilds that have the logistics in place for wars of attrition.

The guild i'm in has some very good PvP players, however, we'd be utterly screwed without the guys who love PvE or doing logistics as we wouldn't be able to run the area's we control.

It's true that you can get ganked but there are a lot of ways to minimize this, on top of that for instance with our guild when the PvE guys go out to do dungeons/gather we send out a group to protect them from gank squads and in turn they help the PvP groups by contributing armor / weapons, everyone respects everyone else as they are all a part of a larger whole without one the lot falls apart.

It mind sound crazy but after playing MMO's for the last 15+ years the friendliest communities I've come across have always been in the PvP games and the snottiest have been in the PvE games.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Ozmodan said:
    If you want to play a 2nd rate game, this one is it.  They dumbed it down a lot so it is playable on mobile.  I tried several times to like it, but everytime it just reinforced how boring it is.  Lackluster gameplay, crazy system design, it has just a long list of questionable design choices.

You might enjoy it for a bit, but do not expect much long term gameplay from it, it just does not give you any reason to continue to play it.
    Such as?
    Still waiting...

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    So happy that this game released and although there was some initial server issues, the game is running smoothly.  Been waiting two years for this and couldn't be happier with my purchase.  Try the game out for yourself and make your own opinion, but I don't think you would be disappointed with giving them game a try.
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    kind of glad i passed on this one
    Renoaku
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

Renoaku said:

Forgrimm said:
    Renoaku said:
    So what I would love to know is who is actually running this company, what I consider from personal experience a company of liars whom of which banned my account during the last beta for life and say I purchased currency with Real Money, without evidence, there is no doubt about a rule broken, but I question the integrity of this company and who is really running it when every time I try to login it says banned for 3rd party gold purchase, but they refuse to answer the question in the mail with actual proof.

So I really question the integrity of this company as being the first MMO from Germany I have ever backed for 4 years and never had any previous infractions on the account.

Speaking of Integrity I also don't understand what they mean about exploits, if a person is intentionally abusing a bug or exploit it has to be fixed immediately, for example boss glitching as no doubt there might be one or two if a user finds an exploit and is abused action needs to be taken because resources are a key part in this game when it comes to crafting and stuff. I also love how whoever this "Stefan Wiezorek" person is says without their founders it wouldn't be possible, but in within the game rules, they can't even make them easy to understand for its customers, and founders such as myself, they have made a few changes making it easier to understand but in general they needed to do what Rune Scape did with their rules and make it easier to understand there. https://runescape.com/game-guide/rules
    You were popped for buying gold. The dev even called you out on it on these forums because you kept going on about it. Maybe it's time to drop it and move on instead of writing a novella about it in every single thread? From the dev:

Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462334/before-you-buy-this-game-read-the-terms-of-service#cS4jPJYHPMs0E5J4.99

Yeah I remember what one developer said, whom of which by the way "Refuses to answer any support tickets since he decided to call it out" actually respond to PM on here, or on their own forums either.

He simply says I purchased gold, but has no actual evidence of it, meanwhile I submit him evidence of what actually happened rather than purchasing gold and no one from their support staff actually looks at it, the TOS does say you can submit counter evidence for review if you feel that they banned your account injust, or rather if its incorrect.

edit: and I fail to understand how a person saying Im delivery is any type of proof, I could go in game trade a bunch of people and just say Im delivery too, because we are in TeamSpeak, or Discord or whatever, which I was on curse the night we did the trade with the group of people who traded me across the games.

As I said there is no doubt that a rule was broken without knowledge which I was not aware of trading items / currency between both games is forbidden, but their forums during Alpha / Beta testing only states that "RMT" is illegal, never once did they tell me I couldn't accept currency or items in large amounts with nothing in return, or between two games except in their Terms & Conditions which I completely missed.

Now obviously there are a few that would believe a developer or GM in a game that is a given, and then there are people who know me for years such as in my gaming discords and know I wouldn't waste Real Money purchasing currency from an illegitimate source because it would be wiped anyways, nor would I waste a huge amount of my RL time arguing with the said company if I spent real money purchasing currency from an illegal source.

What I am really interested in is who is running SBI, and how do you get hold of management other than getting generic responses from people who work on zendesk who just are given a list of what to say, because honestly I would like them to sit down and look at all the facts starting from how long I have had my account in Good Standing, and how many rules I have actually ever broken in the game.

The way I see it its a principle of the matter of spending $174 If I remember it correctly, and getting banned before the game even launches just for accepting a trade in game which off in game mechanics is totally legal to accept trades.

Good to see the devs cracking down on this type stuff. Dont need gold buyers and sellers like this guy ruining the economy and taking an easy out to get things.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I was looking at buy this game a few month ago, but after seeing what this game does to some of it customers I don't feel like I should invest the time or funds.

I find it disturbing that the company openly admit in their EULA, that they will ban for basically trade users what they define as a large amount of in game resources or money for nothing in return, they assume a person is guilty before innocent, not the type of game I am looking for, but I will keep an eye out.
    This is yet another Renoku account.  Why is he not permanently  banned yet?