Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Fans of UO and EVE!

2»

Comments

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    edited August 2016
    I love EVE, one of my favorites. 

But, you guys are focused on the wrong thing. 

EVE isn't a grind for skills, it's a grind for ISK game.  You can set a skill queue for the next 10 years, but if you're not in game grinding out ISK, you're worthless. 

MMO's are all about grind, wtf games have you people been playing for the last 15 years or so.  Why in the world are you people still arguing over grind?  It's the damn point of an MMO, games that are supposed to be designed around playing for many years. 

Online or off, MMO or single player, if it's designed to be played over the course of months, if not years, you are grinding. 

Enjoying what you're doing is the point, but at no point are you not grinding if you're actually playing the game.

More of you needed to be told to "put your nose to the grindstone" more as a kids, then you wouldn't be arguing about "grinding" in games entirely designed around you doing just that. 

TL;DR: Every one of you is writing stupid when you argue about the very staple that has existed in the MMO genre to keep you playing as it's intended, "grind". 
  • Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Hi Uhwop,

we have made some adjustments to the progression in Albion that you might like (in case you do not already know about them)
    • There is a passive progression component called "learning points" that you generate over time, independent of how much you grind. The math behind it is balanced in such a way that it narrows the progression gap between hardcore grinders and more casual players. 
    • One you go past the early stages of the game at hit the higher tiers, the bottleneck for progression moves away from skills/unlocks and towards the actual game economy. I.e. you might be able to craft T7 items, but you might not have enough resources to do so as they become so rare. 
    So while in the first few weeks of playing the game you might feel that you have to "grind to progress", the more you progress, the more the underlying game economy will matter. Of course, your skills will still matter when it comes to actual speciliasation, but this will mostly be about "getting better at something" than about "being able to do something". (again, very similar to Eve, where is quite easy to get to fly a certain ship, but takes a very long time if you want to get all the bonus skills to level 4 or even 5)

All the best,
    Korn
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Tiller said:
    Speaking of full loot, i thought this was funny

Yep this is funny as shit and the problem with full loot systems.  The Fans of Full PVP loot just dont seem to get it that its a bad mechanic for any game.  
    Octagon7711RufusUO
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    @danwest58 yet it works perfectly in real life.

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited August 2016
    I LOVED UO... but i think Albion is too much focused on PvP... in UO you was able to do quite lot of stuffs without PVPing if you was careful... but from all these videos and streams AO FORCE you to do PvP ... or im wrong? can you at least fart without being PvP flagged/ganked/raped everywhere? :dizzy:
    We are big fans of UO. Once Albion's basics are where they need to be, we intend to put a lot more sand into the box, taking inspiration from great games such as Ultima Online.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Korn42 said:
    We are big fans of UO. Once Albion's basics are where they need to be, we intend to put a lot more sand into the box, taking inspiration from great games such as Ultima Online.
    More sand is welcome! As it is I think you guys have something pretty special. Keep up the good work!

Hey you should put the link to your founder packs as your Sig =)
    Thanks for the kind words :) 
  • deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Kopogero said:
    Because you often kill and loot corpses in real life.... Where are you from ... ?
    Kyleran
  • PwltPwlt Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Everything about this game screams "mobile", from the superficiality of the gameplay features to the graphics. It has loose similarities to early UO, with far fewer features. I got suckered into getting it with this line of promotion (It's like old school UO!), and it's mostly BS.
    [Deleted User]
    UO, EQ, AC, AO, RM, WOW, AC2, SWG, EQ2, GW2, RIFT, TERA, AA, TSW.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Pwlt said:
    Everything about this game screams "mobile", from the superficiality of the gameplay features to the graphics. It has loose similarities to early UO, with far fewer features. I got suckered into getting it with this line of promotion (It's like old school UO!), and it's mostly BS.
    Excellent,  can't wait for the iPad version so I can finally get some use from it
    CrazKanuk

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    danwest58 said:
    Tiller said:

Yep this is funny as shit and the problem with full loot systems.  The Fans of Full PVP loot just dont seem to get it that its a bad mechanic for any game.  
    Well I don't know about that. the Guy who was initially being chased had the right idea, the right attitude.

It really depends on how the guy chasing him took it.

Reminds me of Tera on one of the pvp servers where this "red" warrior kept running around me in cicles, jumping over me, etc. I think he was trying to freak me out. I was only about 10 feet from a safe area but I waited. Then he attacked thinking he would kill my lancer. Well he didn't and every time I saw him after that he ran.

But I digress ... full loot works when you have people who like/believe in the system, people who don't freak when they have stuff taken.

People with the right attitudes in the game. There is absolutely no reason for people who hate full loot to be playing a full loot game. Therefore no reason they should complain about what happens to them.
    Octagon7711KyleranCrazKanuklaseritManWithNoTan
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    WTF is up with the load screens? I thought this was a Sandbox game?
    forcelima
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Kopogero said:
    A lot of people in prison wouldn't agree with that.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Just because it's a "sandbox" game doesn't mean it can't have load screens.
    Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Just because it's a "sandbox" game doesn't mean it can't have load screens.
    Pish...then that means Gw2 is a Sandbox game right?
    I mean each zone is pretty large.
    Oh, it doesn't have all the other stuff right?
    forcelimaKyleran
    edited July 2017
    Xodic said:

Sandbox means that it lacks structured gameplay in order to allow players the freedom to play how they want. It has nothing to do with load screens. You're confusing 'sandbox' with a seamless 'open world'.
    Thx for the lesson.
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    edited July 2017
    Full loot games  and investing have the same number 1 rule never wear/invest anything that you cannot afford to lose. With that said don't get attached to your gear it's only pixels and there are plenty more.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Yes and EVE Online allows players to freely trade and doesn't put any type of currency restrictions on people giving away items or currency such as ISK in large amounts, as well as has things like "Corporations" and market exchanges with different tax rates based off the regions and such in general EVE is a lot more interactive when it comes to economics.

I am thinking about maybe picking up EVE again maybe if I can find the right guild not sure yet have to balance a game like EVE which is very time consuming with my RL job.

Albion Online doesn't seem to have any of the good economic features, and two of the major problems is that in Albion you can put items up on the market and if a gold seller buys it like if I sold an HP potion for 50000 Silver when its valued at 1k silver and someone buys it I get in trouble so there is no more free market in the game, as well as I hear that peoples guild banks were already going negative silver like in EVE.
    Deepfall
    Xodic said:

Sandbox means that it lacks structured gameplay in order to allow players the freedom to play how they want. It has nothing to do with load screens. You're confusing 'sandbox' with a seamless 'open world'.
    Thx for the lesson.
    As GI Joe always used to say,  "knowing is half the battle. "

;)
    StoneRosesManWithNoTan

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited July 2017
    Deleted 

Renoaku said:
    Yes and EVE Online allows players to freely trade and doesn't put any type of currency restrictions on people giving away items or currency such as ISK in large amounts, as well as has things like "Corporations" and market exchanges with different tax rates based off the regions and such in general EVE is a lot more interactive when it comes to economics.

I am thinking about maybe picking up EVE again maybe if I can find the right guild not sure yet have to balance a game like EVE which is very time consuming with my RL job.

Albion Online doesn't seem to have any of the good economic features, and two of the major problems is that in Albion you can put items up on the market and if a gold seller buys it like if I sold an HP potion for 50000 Silver when its valued at 1k silver and someone buys it I get in trouble so there is no more free market in the game, as well as I hear that peoples guild banks were already going negative silver like in EVE.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Sovrath said:
    danwest58 said:
    Tiller said:

Well I don't know about that. the Guy who was initially being chased had the right idea, the right attitude.

It really depends on how the guy chasing him took it.

Reminds me of Tera on one of the pvp servers where this "red" warrior kept running around me in cicles, jumping over me, etc. I think he was trying to freak me out. I was only about 10 feet from a safe area but I waited. Then he attacked thinking he would kill my lancer. Well he didn't and every time I saw him after that he ran.

But I digress ... full loot works when you have people who like/believe in the system, people who don't freak when they have stuff taken.

People with the right attitudes in the game. There is absolutely no reason for people who hate full loot to be playing a full loot game. Therefore no reason they should complain about what happens to them.

totally agree. Full Loot PvP is, essentially, like PvE Hardcore modes. If you're not interested in rebuilding from scratch, then you probably shouldn't play it. So I suppose it "works", but it's a brutal game mechanic. It's also a mechanic that can break a game. However, I supposed that in the current day and age, some might not be opposed to things like a server being completely owned by a guild, since that would at least be the users impacting the game world, which doesn't happen these days. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------