Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so, hows the game?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
any reviews? is it worth buying?

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited July 2017
    Best ever, brother !
    BruceYeeXarkoPhry

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Feels like a mix of Runescape and EVE, lovin it so far.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    It's a mobile game, man.  They even say it will run on phones.  I bought into the early access without really giving that much thought.  I doubt it's going to have enough depth to keep people playing for long.  Don't expect a classic MMO experience and you will probably have fun for a while.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Enjoying it a lot, so much just bought a year worth of primemium.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I kinda like it. It's not that I am anxious to get home to play it but I am certainly looking forward to ride along the likes of Lord Torval and Lord Sedryn and apparently King Blueturtle.

I think it's an enjoyable little game if played with the right people. 
    d_20forcelimaKyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    No I do not recommend this game due to a reason I do not want to mention here but you can read my other long argument posts, except lets just say I think they locked my email and account out of the support system all together too.

Although lets say I played for 4 years.

And the game has lots of cheaters / bots, sure they are banning them, but the fact is this game has no security to prevent cheats, and was not ready for launch in its current state, I even see gold spammers already posting to their forums and stuff advertising gold sells.

And the company can only ban by IP address which isn't a real ban because you just change this and play again.
    GdemamiExcessionMrMelGibson
  • Solidarius313Solidarius313 Member CommonPosts: 1
    I dont play btp games, mostly a f2p gamer due to money reasons but how can the company only ban by ip and you change it and play again? does it not cost $30 to even play this game, and if someone gets "banned" dont they need to pay another $30 to even create another account...

edited July 2017
    I dont play btp games, mostly a f2p gamer due to money reasons but how can the company only ban by ip and you change it and play again? does it not cost $30 to even play this game, and if someone gets "banned" dont they need to pay another $30 to even create another account...

Yes, but generally I am a legitimate player who doesn't like to circumvent bans, and yes gold famers use stolen credit-cards to purchase currency and premium accounts.

Truth is the stolen Credit Cards likely come from people who provide this information to them when they illegally buy gold they then do unauthroized charges on their cards and then in game they sell the currency to other people so basically the game company loses money, and the gold seller makes legitimate money from other people aka a big scheme that sucks huger than a giant leech.

And this game still lacks security, or protection against fraud so until they change this gold sellers will continue to exploit the whole gold to silver exchange.

Edit: and what I mean by IP bans is they ban the account but your more than welcome to just swap IP addresses and keep creating new accounts as many as you want, and that is what these illegal gold sellers are doing.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    PhryGdemamiExcessionMrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Elsabolts said:
    Wait, what? They don't have PVE servers, you sure you're playing the right game?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Wait, what? They don't have PVE servers, you sure you're playing the right game?
    No its one giant server followed by colored zones with different rule-sets just like EVE Online.
    PhryExcession
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Renoaku said:
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    No its one giant server followed by colored zones with different rule-sets just like EVE Online.
    Except totally not like Eve Online, at all. :p
    ConstantineMerusobii
    Phry said:
    Renoaku said:
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Elsa will know why I asked.  ;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:
    Renoaku said:
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Elsa will know why I asked.  ;)
    Well at least even though I don't like EVE much because of not finding the right group of peoples lol at least in EVE they don't ban you for freely trading currency to anyone you want to as long as it doesn't come from a illegal source, this is the major difference between EVE & Albion in EVE you have free trading and are innocent until they prove you guilty, and in Albion you are automatically guilty for free trading
    GdemamiExcession
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Seems like a fun grind/leveling game so far, but its having a rough time currently, like most mmo launch weeks. Almost every zone is overcrowded, making it hard to harvest tier 4+ mats, or making it lag and rubber band. Today I got a login queue time for an hour and a half. Since there is only one server, not sure how they plan on resolving this, other than I guess hoping people lose interest and less people play? Which would be a weird thing to hope for. (Or maybe this goes away once people have migrated to higher level zones perhaps? I don't know, I'm a total noob.)

The login queue screen actually says "Unfortunately the servers are very busy" - thought having lots of interested players was a good thing hehe.
    I've played for several hours now.  Are we so desperate for a new MMO that we will accept this mobile grind crap?  It has the depth of a mud puddle and slow, boring, repetitive combat.  Does it miraculously get better at higher levels or something?
    GdemamiPesky
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    I've played for several hours now.  Are we so desperate for a new MMO that we will accept this mobile grind crap?  It has the depth of a mud puddle and slow, boring, repetitive combat.  Does it miraculously get better at higher levels or something?
    yep ......sadly has more depth then most of the more recent mmos. we all see the illusion, but living the lie is more fun then focusing on reality. 

mix of runescape and Eve feels like an accurate description. i think both in their prime did it better but runescape is a shadow of its former self and Eve is niche within a niche
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I like the look of this game and the PvE stuff like gathering, crafting and the economy is incredibly appealing. But the open world PvP 'gankfest' nature of the game completely turns me off.

I also think it is way, way too expensive. $30 to buy, then paying a monthly subscription, plus a cash shop! Methinks not!

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited July 2017
    It would be fun if you went over with an already existing organized pvp guild.
    Kyleran

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:

Naw Kyleran  they have blue zones no pvp what so ever, yellow zones you lose only 10% of silver on you if you die, Red and black zones you lose what ever you have on you except no silver. So what I would call a choice to go where I would like too.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Elsabolts said:
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:

Naw Kyleran  they have blue zones no pvp what so ever, yellow zones you lose only 10% of silver on you if you die, Red and black zones you lose what ever you have on you except no silver. So what I would call a choice to go where I would like too.
    I actually played Albion last summer.

This choice you speak of is a bit of an illusion,  unless you enjoy staying in lower level zones and forego progression sooner or later you will have to go into the upper tier zones.

When you do you may find what I did, wolves waiting at every "gate" to eat the unwary.

Definitely a game best played with a good group of powerful friends.

Solo, not so much.

I'll give it a go eventually,  mostly once the dust settles and they get the iPad support working.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    phone game?? damn... well... usually I try out almost every new PVP MMORPG that may be considered hardcore in any sense but this..... this mobile game..... meh

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I am enjoying the game very much.  Here are some thoughts.

1st:  It's not a phone game.  It's meant for tablets and computers.  It even says on their website that it's not meant for phones.

2nd:  It's a guild centric game, so if you're a solo or bust kinda guy, it might be a challenge.

3rd:  Grinding is definitely a part of the game.  I enjoy grind in my games, but if you don't, it might not be from you.

4th:  It is a player driven economy with all that entails.  Markets, resources, and shortages/surpluses, and price variations are all in play.  Markets are local, so you might have to travel to get some deals.

5th:  Definitely PvP for higher level play.  You can avoid PvP at lower levels, but if you wanna appreciate the much of the game, you're gonna have to wet your blades.

6th:  You can have your own island where you can farm, and craft.  Some grind comes into play in order to get it up and running, but you aren't relying on other ppls buildings for much of your crafting.

7th:  You can buy gold/premium with silver and doesn't require money.  It might take some playing to do this, but it makes premium free in terms of real cash.

I'm sure there is more, but hopefully it gives some things to consider.
    Kyleran

I self identify as a monkey.

mgilbrtsn said:

2nd:  It's a guild centric game, so if you're a solo or bust kinda guy, it might be a challenge.

Can you accomplish anything at higher levels without running with a guild or group?  Or do you just get ganked the second you step into the open PvP zones?

• SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    i stopped playing after a few hours after i saw teleport hacks with gathering, whats the point in a player driven market when its being bot farmed, if they get it fixed i may continue
    Max_StrikerGdemami
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    mgilbrtsn said:

Can you accomplish anything at higher levels without running with a guild or group?  Or do you just get ganked the second you step into the open PvP zones?

If you want to solo the higher level areas, it's gonna be tough.  I've talked with a few who do it, but you're gonna have to know your character and the area.

I self identify as a monkey.