Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bot Infestation

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
So I was reading on the Albion Forums, and the post got censored, but at least it got moved to the Cheaters section, although this company is still covering up and censoring many posts, I have never in my life seen a MMORPG Company do this and I've played many, like I understand its within their right to remove posts, messages, etc, but I have never seen a company remove and censor so many complaints, or anything they define as too negative.

But since they tried to censor it I will post it here, this game has a serious problem just as I said it would its full of Bots, and Cheating Scum which currently the company can't do anything other than IP ban people but there is no protection or Anti-Cheat as much as I dislike some Anti-Cheats this game could have used a reputable one like "Battleye" or "Easy Anti Cheat", as well as some server code to prevnet unauthroized clients from logging in.

I won't discuss cheating websites here because its illegal obviously, but there are already lots of hacks, videos, even open sourced bots that are open to the public and I think this is a major problem that they did not curve the cheating and do something to at least improve server side detection and bots before release of the game. I do not recommend, or encourage anyone to cheat in any game that are no words to how people doing such intentionally really pisses me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgaKT1u6PzA

But it also pisses me off that this company released this game like this, let down all its backers, screwed me over as a backer, and currently censors their forums to try to prevent it from being exposed about how open it is to cheating with no address about it either other than the gold sellers ban the other day post by them.
TheScavengerGdemamiMrMelGibsonHatefulltime007TillerExcession

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    ESO locked down their Steam forum so only those who bought the game on Steam could post.  People were posting about all the games problems.
    Renoaku

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    ESO locked down their Steam forum so only those who bought the game on Steam could post.  People were posting about all the games problems.
    Ah thanks for telling me was never aware of this one, but they didn't remove every post and complaint did they?
    Excession
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    No, not every complaint.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    You still at it wow. Your mental problems are starting to show.
    Renoakuwaynejr2NephethGdemamiMrMelGibsonHatefullMarcus-
    edited July 2017
    forcelima said:
    You still at it wow. Your mental problems are starting to show.
    Trust me im like an leech, when someone screws over its customers as much as this company does I bite on and I don't let go lol simply because I can, and I do enjoy reading too,  there is also no legitimate reason why this company censors like every post and complaint.

To some point I think we all got problems.
    Joseph_KerrGdemamiExcession
    edited July 2017
    As a person who was caught cheating, I think it's nice that you're discouraging others from doing what you already did.  But your unhealthy obsession with taking down this game (just because they caught you red-handed) is probably going to give you an ulcer if you keep it up.
    Depends what exactly you consider cheating?

I didn't get banned from the game for hacking, or using any type of bots or exploits I got banned for simply accepting a trade from a person which is all intended game-play if trading was illegal why would the game allow trading?

The only thing I didn't know was trading for outside favors or across games was considered cheating, I assume people can also consider breaking that rule without knowledge cheating if they want like moving a piece on a board game twice or while the other players are distracted then yes.

I still don't feel like they should have life banned the account for the first offense in 4 years, but rather a never do this again and making me aware would have done the trick because I wouldn't trade across games again knowing it broke rules, most games do not really have policies at least the time I played them, but certain companies are starting to adopt this like "Rune Scape" and "WOW" but back in the day they would always say Just don't purchase currency or items with real money.
    GdemamiExcession
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    So you feel that your punishment was too harsh and you felt that you only deserved a warning?
    edited July 2017
    "Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of."

Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462334/before-you-buy-this-game-read-the-terms-of-service

This was their public statement on the matter.  So the question is, do I believe their statement or yours?  And the answer: theirs.  They don't seem like the type of developer to ban paying customers without good cause.  They believe that you purchased gold from a 3rd-party site and that's probably what happened.  And the fact that you keep trying to foment outrage over this game only makes you look more guilty to me.
    Yeah a log that says "Im Delivery" no discussion of buying illegal currency for real money or anything because we were in Comms outside of the game which is why it broke game rules, I handed over items in Arche Age, and they handed me currency in Albion.

Also I am quite sure what if there were actual "In Game Chatlogs" as he says about me purchasing currency he would have disclosed them here, but instead all he has is a log that say "Im Delivery", or a person there to deliver / trade with me which is not illegal, and if by any chance the person who traded with me was connected to some illegal website, or did something illegal as they said, then its not my responsibility to know this information, I just assume that 99% of players are legitimate and I take their word for that they play the game legally, if at any point I notice someone illegally sells items  aka a gold seller I report them.

And I never called the developer a liar because I can only take their word just as they could take mine that they are telling the truth that the person I traded with did something illegal, which I would have never knowingly taken part in, and having a clean account for 4 years should prove that.

To me its not a matter of taking sides of who is right and who is wrong its a matter of this company screwing its founders over trading in a game that allows trading, if 3rd parties or other people are illegally doing something then they should stop it before I ever traded with a person who was breaking the rules with illegal hacks or whatever they use to obtain the currency in the first place.

And yes I am outraged because I purchased $100 for my original founders, and $74 in additional purchases prior to getting banned for just accepting a trade of all things, 
    not for being toxic, not for using bots, exploits or actual hacks who wouldn't be upset with the amount of time invested into a game and trust in a company, and if for sakes of argument I did purchase gold illegally then I would be complaining about it to them and getting my money back from them as well.

If in fact I had purchased currency, then they would sure have a lot more evidence to back up the claim than just a couple of transactions in a single time period, or at least review what I sent them like 3 times in a support ticket proving my claims.

I honestly don't care about being barred from their game, its the principle of wasting $174, and time within a company I thought could be trusted, and having to file a complaint with the Better Business better business bureau, the other day, I honestly don't want to play a game filled with hackers anyways id rather just them refund what I spent and be on my way if they are going to show this much disloyalty to its customers, or give me access to what was paid for because its truthfully not my fault someone else would choose to commit illegal actions on their own..

And I know this statement isn't going to help my case, 
    But any user like me knows what "TOR" is, and what a VPN is, as well as Free WI-FI, put these together and your untraceable, given my knowledge in this I think its pretty easy to assume that if I myself wanted to supply my own self with unlimited gold, and fraudulent currency on my own, I could, and could avoid being tracked, truthfully given the security of this game company its all not really that hard to do so I understand their frustration when Gold Sellers solicit and sell gold using stolen information, its not something I would ever support.

Also if the developer had real proof to back up his claims, he would have responded to my PM on MMORPG, their forums, or any of the 5 or so support tickets filed over a period of months, but obviously there isn't actual proof, only the fact that the other person might have been illegally involved in selling gold, or distributing fraudulent currency which I would not have been aware of.

And meanwhile the real cheaters choose to cheat, and bot this game, even account sharing via cheating is easy by using RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) people do it and get away with it, I never have cheated only accepted a bad trade, and I am really curious to how a person can be held responsible for such, what if I purchased currency illegally from a site for real, then trade this currency to other players through the market, or in direct trade for some items or something, who is responsible then, just myself or the other players who may or may not have known.

I know I am really upset about it all, but I have never had a company go this low to apply a life time ban just for accepting any type of trade even the couple of times that accepting a trade came from an illicit source without knowledge the items were just removed and I didn't care.
    KyleranNephethGdemamiMrMelGibsonMarcus-Excession
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Renoaku said:

The only thing I didn't know was trading for outside favors or across games was considered cheating, I assume people can also consider breaking that rule without knowledge cheating if they want like moving a piece on a board game twice or while the other players are distracted then yes.

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse... just because you didn't know it was illegal, doesn't make it legal.  It is your responsibility to know the Law.  

It is also your responsibility to know the rules.  The rules are usually outlined in the EULA that you signed before you even downloaded the game.  You know, that wall of text that people scroll past and click on OK to.

Like they say, never sign or agree to anything in writing without reading it first.  It is a legally binding contract.  You can't say after the fact I didn't read it... because it's not their responsibility to make you read it, it's yours.

They can impose whatever penalty the deem appropriate.  That is their right.  It's their product and you stated that you would abide by their rules (EULA) and you did not.

You have zero ground to stand on here.  Zero.
    RenoakuAvarixNephethMrMelGibsonExcession
    edited July 2017
    btdt said:
    Renoaku said:

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse... just because you didn't know it was illegal, doesn't make it legal.  It is your responsibility to know the Law.  

It is also your responsibility to know the rules.  The rules are usually outlined in the EULA that you signed before you even downloaded the game.  You know, that wall of text that people scroll past and click on OK to.

Like they say, never sign or agree to anything in writing without reading it first.  It is a legally binding contract.  You can't say after the fact I didn't read it... because it's not their responsibility to make you read it, it's yours.

They can impose whatever penalty the deem appropriate.  That is their right.  It's their product and you stated that you would abide by their rules (EULA) and you did not.

You have zero ground to stand on here.  Zero.
    Yeah I understand your point, and I read the agreement over 3 years ago when I first purchased the game, I believe i even was able to play the game at one point without agreeing to anything not sure on this its been too long back to remember but because I played the game in 2013 I think it was so I've been there for years, and most of the time an agreement changes customers are properly notified, at which point its likely why I missed the rule about trading across games being illegal.

Okay so Real World Law? If I write in a long legally binding contract that I have the right to put an arrow in your knee if you don't pay me my $5 back in a set perioid of time and you signed it then its legally binding?

In the real world if Law has to exist IMO, they should start teaching all the Law in school to begin with I think the Real World is a f**** up place of injustice within the Law, I don't even trust in the U.S Constitution anymore simply because of how everything has been trampled on over the years sure it would be great if everyone followed it but obviously not everyone and every state does, but this is just my view on things in history.

Also agreement or not, I still did file a complaint with the Consumer website in their local territory, looked up all the company's info and filled it out hopefully I will actually get hold of one of the managers to resolve the complaint since I didn't know I had that option before, and if this game even makes it to Google, IOS, or any other device I will go leave negative complaints there too, even on steam, every platform.

And regardless of my ban or not, it doesn't change the fact that this game is open to many cheaters to freely walk in and cheat to their hearts content, while legiitimate players try to play, this is something that should have been addressed during beta to at least take reasonable measures to prevent cheating, how could someone not agree with this.
    GdemamiExcession
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823
    So, is the only defense against Albion having bots on day 1 really that you people dont like the OP?

Is personal attacks and insults going to be your answer for every problem facing Albion going forward?

I dont give a single care what the OPs history with the game is because that is not at all relevant to the discussion at hand.
    Renoakurubydragon5KyleranNephethGdemamiMrMelGibsonExcession
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    how bad is the bot infestation in albion?

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of."

Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462334/before-you-buy-this-game-read-the-terms-of-service

This was their public statement on the matter.  So the question is, do I believe their statement or yours?  And the answer: theirs.  They don't seem like the type of developer to ban paying customers without good cause.  They believe that you purchased gold from a 3rd-party site and that's probably what happened.  And the fact that you keep trying to foment outrage over this game only makes you look more guilty to me.
    Yeah a log that says "Im Delivery" no discussion of buying illegal currency for real money or anything because we were in Comms outside of the game which is why it broke game rules, I handed over items in Arche Age, and they handed me currency in Albion.

Last time I heard the line "Hi! I'm delivery" was when I bought some Adena in Lineage 2 way .. waaay back :)

So yeah! You did used a 3rd party website in order to receive the in-game money. It doesn't matter you "traded" goods from ArcheAge to Albion. All it matters is that you used a 3rd party website to receive in-game money.

PS: From my experience ( :) ) , gold websites do not trade items from one game to another. IF , that is happened, then you sold them items in ArcheAge for X price, then they said "Your ArcheAge items worth 100$. We can give you 5k in Albion for 100$. Agree?". Then you said "Yes!" Well .. this is the part when you broke the rules. Both in ArcheAge and Albion.

...actually, you kinda deserve to be banned from ArcheAge too. Maybe someone from here will report you :) 

Bum! :) 

PS2: No, I won't. I have better things to do ( Playing D3 ) then reporting you to ArcheAge. 

NephethHatefull

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited July 2017
    IceAge said:
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

Last time I heard the line "Hi! I'm delivery" was when I bought some Adena in Lineage 2 way .. waaay back :)

So yeah! You did used a 3rd party website in order to receive the in-game money. It doesn't matter you "traded" goods from ArcheAge to Albion. All it matters is that you used a 3rd party website to receive in-game money.

PS: From my experience ( :) ) , gold websites do not trade items from one game to another. IF , that is happened, then you sold them items in ArcheAge for X price, then they said "Your ArcheAge items worth 100$. We can give you 5k in Albion for 100$. Agree?". Then you said "Yes!" Well .. this is the part when you broke the rules. Both in ArcheAge and Albion.

...actually, you kinda deserve to be banned from ArcheAge too. Maybe someone from here will report you :) 

PS2: No, I won't. I have better things to do ( Playing D3 ) then reporting you to ArcheAge. 

wow talk about petty, love these forums... wonder why  its dying..
    KyleranGdemamiMrMelGibsonExcession

IceAge said:
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

...what?
    KyleranNepheth

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

IceAge said:
    IceAge said:
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

...what?
    come on m8,  "hope someone reports you can get banned both games"  obviously egging the dude on
    KyleranNephethGdemamiExcession

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 537
    Xiaoki said:
    So, is the only defense against Albion having bots on day 1 really that you people dont like the OP?

Is personal attacks and insults going to be your answer for every problem facing Albion going forward?

I dont give a single care what the OPs history with the game is because that is not at all relevant to the discussion at hand.
    Of course the OPs history with the game is relevant. That doesn't mean he is wrong in his assessment of security issues and bot usage in the game; it does mean that I will view his statements as biased. I would not act solely based on his accusations.

I have never played the game, but I am interested in it. I have been searching for reviews and the such to see if it is really something I would like to try. As a person with a questionable background with regards to the game, I would not make a decision to avoid the game solely on his recommendation to do so. Same as I would not use the Twitch streamers who have been sponsored to play the game as the sole reason to purchase, as their opinion could be biased or just not representative of a "regular" play experience.

What I would do is look for further examples that would confirm either positive or negative views that have been given. Basically, I has a brain, and I choose to use it.
    [Deleted User]
    IceAge said:
    IceAge said:
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

...what?
    come on m8,  "hope someone reports you can get banned both games"  obviously egging the dude on
    ..what ?!?! But that's the truth. He could easily be banned from ArcheAge too. The guy broke the rules for both ArcheAge and Albion and he's here , bashing ( for all to see ) Albion dev's like crazy, because they banned him?

Well , you do bad things , keep them to yourself. Else, you risk going down even deeper. 
    NephethMrMelGibson

edited July 2017
    Xiaoki said:

Well at least a few people maybe more think I actually purchase currency here, and no one likes a liar / cheater, and given many people I see who actually get banned for cheating in online games like actual cheating, I can understand the few people who have doubts.

And also every game has its fans if I understand correctly, some people really love a company so much they try to protect it finding fault in everything else but what a game company should have done, and also things like opinions about a game.

And yeah my problem with this game is reading the news, and visiting their website to see a bunch of cheaters in game I backed in 2014, and played I believe in 2013, I told them they really needed to increase security, and have a decent Anti-Cheat before release, but I am guessing it failed to do this because it is a small indie company out of Germany, im not saying all games from there are bad, but GMBH kinda means this  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesellschaft_mit_beschr%C3%A4nkter_Haftung which I am still trying to understand the whole legal thing, but I am assuming this is why they couldn't afford to make the game a bit more secure before release just not having the proper funding, but I wish they would have done it right, heck before the ban and all I would have even forked over more money to this company to help provide a better anti-cheat and all that if they ran a kick starter and needed the funding and were willing to use something reputable...

Xiaoki said:

Which online game that you play has zero bots?  Actually, I'll rephrase that; which online game that you play do you believe has zero bots?  I know the answer to the first question so no need to ask that.

As far as personal attacks and insults, what are you talking about?  If somebody is caught cheating, pointing that out is not meant as a personal insult, at least not by me.

And how is a poster's history with a game not relevant when they're trying to bash that game?  I'd say it's very relevant.

Seems like your entire post was mostly hot air.
    Um actually a lot of them I play don't have bots, its mostly Korean based games, and Albion so far that I see with a lot of bots, but I don't play games from Korea anymore and have been sticking to the MOBA type such as League OF Legends, PUBG, Crow Fall, Ashes OF Creation, and a few of the newer upcoming games, sure there are cheaters in every game, but you gotta trust your players that no one is going to cheat in any way at least you can't accuse someone without proof, but I bet that everyday someone cheats a game even if they don't mean to by using a simple macro that presses two keys for them instead of one action and that in most games is cheating.

And yeah I complain because of both reasons because of getting banned which is absurd saying id purchase gold from a 3rd party and because of the Bots and Cheaters which they could have taken care of during beta?

As for how big the cheaters are just take a look here although you can't review the censored forum section, there is a list of cheaters, and hackers that list is quite huge, id say its a big problem.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Board/80-Report-Cheats-and-Exploits/

NephethGdemamiExcession
    edited July 2017
    IceAge said:
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

Yeah i have never known any RMT website to whisper or walk up or whsiper and say Im delivery, because way back in 2005 when I really first began the biggest MMO game Lineage 2, come to think of it I actually did purchase currency for Real Money, and when they delivered it to me they would just tell me in live chat to meet them at the arena then trade me, back then I never got banned or any warnings but this is like before it became highly illegal and noticeable, but eventually I was made aware of how much damage it did and never purchase currency anymore from 3rd parties.

There are also certain gold websites that do trade items across games, because I used one of them back in like 2005 when I traded Currency from Lineage 2 to RF Online, an old game I used to play without the use of Real Money.

There are also steam groups dedicated to trading across games, and friends who trade across games without using Real Money, and Technically "Bit Coin" is also not also a real currency.

So Yeah I am not saying I possibly didn't get currency from an illegal source in Albion, its possible that someone used a 3rd party to give me currency or whatever when I did exchange across games or someone was involved in it I just assumed that everything was legit, and missed the part in the agreement that says you can't trade across games, because after all in any game if a game has trading you should be able to freely do whatever you want with your items IMO, as long as not with Real Money, this is not to say I fully hate RMT, I hate illegal gold sellers and sites that sell things illegally and commit fraud absolutely, but what a couple of Individual friends do in Real Life is their business.

And sometimes poeple are dishonest about things, but when your like me and you end up giving away over $2,000 USD in free game items to other users because your like me and you quit Arche Age never to return, sure absolutely some people do give away stuff at least I did, I could have kept it all but I decided to give back to people who likely used it more.
    GdemamiExcession
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited July 2017
    The accusations of botting are being exaggerated. Nothing compared to Aion at launch or many other eastern games. People are mostly complaining about bots in low tier zones but there are so many of those zones and resources in this game are almost unlimited because of their fast respawn rate. If you bot in V you lose % of materials if you get killed and if you get killed in VI you lose it all.

If you want to see the proof for anything I wrote above just go into the /help channel in-game and you will see accusations for all sorts of things that end up holding no weight and can be attributed to lack of knowledge about the game.
    [Deleted User]
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    As for how big the cheaters are just take a look here although you can't review the censored forum section, there is a list of cheaters, and hackers that list is quite huge, id say its a big problem.
    It could be a problem if it goes completely unchecked, but I have a feeling they've planned for this scenario given that every MMO with currency has this issue.  Whether or not it's game breaking will depend on how well they can mitigate it, but they'll never be able to stop it all; no game manages to do that.
    They were able to fix the queue problem in 1 day which was very impressive so I expect they'll be able to deal with cheaters if it ever becomes a real issue.
    [Deleted User]NephethExcession
    edited July 2017
    It could be a problem if it goes completely unchecked, but I have a feeling they've planned for this scenario given that every MMO with currency has this issue.  Whether or not it's game breaking will depend on how well they can mitigate it, but they'll never be able to stop it all; no game manages to do that.
    I hope so I want to see every one of those cheating scumbags banned assuming they are the reason I got banned in the first place too would make my day.

edit: and yeah I know I cheated too in a way accpeting a trade across those games but this is two different types of cheating, ones unintentional but has taught me to be more careful now that I know some games have this policy, and the other is intentional bots / cheaters who use programs to gain unfair advantage something that is the worst thing someone can do I think in a game.
    [Deleted User]NephethMrMelGibsonExcession
  • ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    When I first saw this post my initial reaction was, "this is normal." All new MMO's are attacked by the bot machine since these games are a new source of revenue for the gold sellers. As long as there are people that will do RMT, like the OP did, they will stay in business. 
    MrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Xiaoki said:

Well the thing is the OP didn't create  this thread to discuss botting, this is just his daily slam Albion thread which serve as vehicles to discuss yet again his favorite topic, how he was unfairly banned from the game.

We are then treated to massive walls of text in post after post with the same "defense" which he's posted again and again.

Despite all his anger what he desires most is to be let him back into the game. He even said just yesterday he was considering hiring a "service" which promised to get players unbanned.

So don't be surprised everyone is ignoring the botting question, we all know what the real subject is. 

[Deleted User]Forgrimmforcelima[Deleted User]BruceYeeNephethMrMelGibsonMarcus-Excession

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon