Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV - Life of the Dragoon - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFinal Fantasy XIV - Life of the Dragoon - MMORPG.com

Shortly after the launch of Stormblood, it became apparent that Dragoon was in a terrible position, both in terms of its DPS potential and its fun factor. The changes made to the Job did indeed streamline Dragoon, but it’s damage dropped, intentionally in part because Square Enix appears to be positioning the Job as a “support” DPS (a’la Bard),but also due to some frustrating changes to the Job’s mechanics.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2017
    They need to stop being cheap and host test servers to have adjustments such as these properly tested and get proper feedback from a variety of sources, not just the paid testers they have and probably get bonuses for saying how great things are. MCH and SMN haven't faired that well either. The "adjustments" they gave to MCH pretty much did nothing because they literally just shifted numbers around instead of giving a general increase. I really wanna know who on the dev team thought it was smart to take away sustain for SMNs though since psychik just jack. And apparently in the recent live letter, when it was asked if SMNs could at least get a trait that made that cure scale with INT vs MND similar to RDM's vercure, Yoshida pretty much suggested players should just play RDM if they want to be versatile as they were in 3.0. At least Savage raiders who dont have to adjust their mains get a nice treat in O4S. As with something nice and exclusive to one type of gaming community always comes the casual QQ'ing though.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I read this as life of the dragon, and I thought, WOW they did something that hasn't been done since Horizons/Istaria?  This would have me ordering the game immediately.  Then realized, dragoon not dragon.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

centkin said:

I read this as life of the dragon, and I thought, WOW they did something that hasn't been done since Horizons/Istaria?  This would have me ordering the game immediately.  Then realized, dragoon not dragon.

The title is a play on the words of the Dragoon's problematic mechanic, "Life of the Dragon." :)
  • DiggsworthDiggsworth Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I agree with the 4.05 changes, most of them are welcome, but the time to enter life is still insanely punishing and unfun, and sight can seriously eat a big plate of shit.

It'd also be nice if either Nastrond was a separate button, or if Life gave you 35s, so you could more reliably get 4 Nastronds in before it fades.

Mind you, I'd also settle for Life of the dragon being reworked entirely, or becoming a more...permanent buff, like if instead of only lasting for 30s and then dumping us into base duration \Blood, it just stayed as Life, but Nastrond ate timer like how Geirskogul worked with Blood in HW.
  • evilZekeevilZeke Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Also for the sake of new potential players - Square dramatically increased their prices for Brazilian and Russian players using Steam to pay.

Basically one time subscription, retainers and all optional items costs went up by 2-3 times without any warning from the company. On official forums there is 30+ pages discussion, if interested it can be easily found.

Also steam reviews are dropping amazingly fast right now because of this.

It is really strange, how a company which always mentions how it cares about its players, will do something like this.