Not interested in the current pay model.

JemcrystalJemcrystal Champaign, ILMember UncommonPosts: 1,739
And I don't trust indie games.  Hell will freeze before I -

(1) Financially support indie anything.

(2) Pay a subscription fee.


I'm a box cat.  *
vito11GdemamivaloizThunder073ZenJelly
«1

Comments

  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,402
    edited July 18
    Same I know the feeling with Albion for example its one of the worst games I have ever backed, although I really doubt that Ashes OF Creation is going to be anywhere like that game, although you don't have to back anything and can just play the game when it releases if you like.

    Although if you are interested in backing I would at least back the $500 pack so you can get a life time subscription.

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/kickstarter-summer-upgrade-campaign/

    It's about time that World OF Warcraft got some competition with really being the only U.S MMO game out there or western game that I am aware of with active subscription numbers.

    http://imgur.com/a/ZPN82 Just showing I actually backed this game because I have some faith in this game given its more open about development and compared to previous projects I backed seems promising.

    Post edited by Renoaku on
    PhryGdemamiMrMelGibson
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 9,025
    Renoaku said:
    Same I know the feeling with Albion for example its one of the worst games I have ever backed, although I really doubt that Ashes OF Creation is going to be anywhere like that game, although you don't have to back anything and can just play the game when it releases if you like.

    Although if you are interested in backing I would at least back the $500 pack so you can get a life time subscription.

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/kickstarter-summer-upgrade-campaign/

    It's about time that World OF Warcraft got some competition with really being the only U.S MMO game out there or western game that I am aware of with active subscription numbers.

    http://imgur.com/a/ZPN82 Just showing I actually backed this game because I have some faith in this game given its more open about development and compared to previous projects I backed seems promising.

    Competition with WoW at this late a date? is kind of hillarious in itself, but paying out $500 up front, the equivalent of at least 5 years worth of paid subscriptions in pretty much any P2P MMO out there, for a game that isn't even finished, might never finish, and even if it does you might not even like in its finished state, represents a huge gamble. I really don't understand how you can be so against games that try to protect their own code, and yet you are so willing to gamble significant amounts of money on unfinished games, and games in an unclear state at that. :o
    chocolate-mousewingoodMrMelGibsonvito11pantaroXodicOctagon7711ZenJelly
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,402
    Phry said:
    Renoaku said:
    Same I know the feeling with Albion for example its one of the worst games I have ever backed, although I really doubt that Ashes OF Creation is going to be anywhere like that game, although you don't have to back anything and can just play the game when it releases if you like.

    Although if you are interested in backing I would at least back the $500 pack so you can get a life time subscription.

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/kickstarter-summer-upgrade-campaign/

    It's about time that World OF Warcraft got some competition with really being the only U.S MMO game out there or western game that I am aware of with active subscription numbers.

    http://imgur.com/a/ZPN82 Just showing I actually backed this game because I have some faith in this game given its more open about development and compared to previous projects I backed seems promising.

    Competition with WoW at this late a date? is kind of hillarious in itself, but paying out $500 up front, the equivalent of at least 5 years worth of paid subscriptions in pretty much any P2P MMO out there, for a game that isn't even finished, might never finish, and even if it does you might not even like in its finished state, represents a huge gamble. I really don't understand how you can be so against games that try to protect their own code, and yet you are so willing to gamble significant amounts of money on unfinished games, and games in an unclear state at that. :o
    Well I have no problem with games that protect their own code, or anti-cheat services, I just have a problem with the intrusive 3rd party applications, and services like Denuvo, otherwise I use Steam, Origin, Uplay just fine and I don't mind it because its reputable if I understand this correctly.

    And yeah $500 is a lot of money, but I kinda have some faith in this game given its a western MMO, and has shown me a lot of promise imo, so I have to believe that eventually there will be a good game developed sometime rather than all these failures I am seeing and compared to seeing the last game I backed actually give the knife in the back.

    Sure its a gamble because over-night the game company could just close down, or decide to release a really bad game absolutely, but given I was spending about an average of $300 a month in Arche Age, and $600 or so every 6 months in subscriptions thats like $1200 alone in subscriptions I decided to quit that game I figured might as well back a few more games I might as well like, but this is just me its not for everyone.

    And World OF Warcraft is still pretty big one of the biggest I have seen that is still active with a decent player base in the west, although I personally quit that game around the time of burning crusade because of how they kept changing all the talents, adding armors and arena gear all the time and it became to the point where I was no longer enjoying the game but instead liking games like Dark Fall, and Sandbox because there is no Epic gear you just craft and wear the gear and you can easily lose and get it back over and over again.
    MrMelGibsonpantaroZenJelly
  • KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXMember RarePosts: 1,614
    edited July 18
    Tell the Truth.  The only Concern A Play For Free (P4F) player has, is the subscription.  Minecraft is an indie title, as well as a number of fine products.  Time will tell if Ashes of Creation is made well, but that wont matter to any P4F, only the subscription will.

    These P4F wont be satisfied until every game is not making money. They aren't concerned by the Winning, it's the Paying that they are fighting.  If they hear or see any paying, that must be stopped.  Their only criteria for a successful game is zero cost to play.  And they aren't satisfied until every player is spending zero to play.
    Post edited by Konfess on
    KyleranGdemamiAegirisforcelimaconvict

    Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,672
    edited July 18
    And I don't trust indie games.  Hell will freeze before I -

    (1) Financially support indie anything.

    (2) Pay a subscription fee.


    I'm a box cat.  *
    What was the point of posting this exactly?
    Post edited by Albatroes on
    convictZenJelly
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,402
    Albatroes said:
    And I don't trust indie games.  Hell will freeze before I -

    (1) Financially support indie anything.

    (2) Pay a subscription fee.


    I'm a box cat.  *
    What was the point of posting this exactly?
    Well the kitty is cute and there are a lot more of them here.

    https://plus.google.com/+Caturday  Personally a cat lover I have about 20 outside cats and I pay to feed them all.
    MrMelGibsonAllerleirauhZenJelly
  • KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXMember RarePosts: 1,614
    Renoaku said:
    Albatroes said:
    And I don't trust indie games.  Hell will freeze before I -

    (1) Financially support indie anything.

    (2) Pay a subscription fee.


    I'm a box cat.  *
    What was the point of posting this exactly?
    Well the kitty is cute and there are a lot more of them here.

    https://plus.google.com/+Caturday  Personally a cat lover I have about 20 outside cats and I pay to feed them all.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think they were addressing the box cat.  Only the indie and subscription things.  Good luck with your cat thing thumbs up.
    ZenJelly

    Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.

  • EmerfaltEmerfalt Member CommonPosts: 3
    The subscription model isn't the problem with AshesOfCreation.
    This type of price however...
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34372/what-is-your-opinion-on-the-add-on-prices 
    Gdemami
  • KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXMember RarePosts: 1,614
    Emerfalt said:
    The subscription model isn't the problem with AshesOfCreation.
    This type of price however...
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34372/what-is-your-opinion-on-the-add-on-prices 
    I read that post as saying, "Cosmetic items are P2W, so don't buy them!"  I typically buy inventory or bank space unlocks, or items that may be called P2W, items with stat boots that I can use to Achieve.  Basically I feel that post supports my claim that P4F want developers to earn zero income.  P4F will only be satisfied by "no player spending money on a game."

    The arguments and attack strategy have turned from this is to expensive to, "You know you don't have to spend money on this game to play it."

    Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.

  • JacobinJacobin Toronto, ONMember UncommonPosts: 965
    edited July 19
    Compete with WoW? The delusions of people in this genre never cease to amaze.

    All this game has done so far is convince a few thousand people that scenes in UE4 represent  actual MMORPG gameplay and that profit sharing affiliate marketing will get people to spam links everywhere.

    There is zero chance that this game will be able to complete with a multi-billion dollar game that is run by probably the most successful game company in history. EA/Bioware couldn't do it, SOE couldn't do it, Zenimax, NC Soft, SquareEnix... the list is endless yet Intrepid will?

    Most indie games at least have the sense to go after a niche and not promise the moon especially when it is a brand new studio with zero shipped games.

    For reference, the budget for Conan Exiles was 4.5M which is almost 50% more than what AoC raised yet is like 5% of the scope of what Steven is promising. Its hilarious that people and media think raising 3 mil is some massive achievement.
    Post edited by Jacobin on
    GdemamipantaroNildenZenJelly
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 305
    Matt Damon.

    MrMelGibson
  • timeraidertimeraider BredaMember UncommonPosts: 666
    Jacobin said:
    Compete with WoW? The delusions of people in this genre never cease to amaze.

    All this game has done so far is convince a few thousand people that scenes in UE4 represent  actual MMORPG gameplay and that profit sharing affiliate marketing will get people to spam links everywhere.

    There is zero chance that this game will be able to complete with a multi-billion dollar game that is run by probably the most successful game company in history. EA/Bioware couldn't do it, SOE couldn't do it, Zenimax, NC Soft, SquareEnix... the list is endless yet Intrepid will?

    Most indie games at least have the sense to go after a niche and not promise the moon especially when it is a brand new studio with zero shipped games.

    For reference, the budget for Conan Exiles was 4.5M which is almost 50% more than what AoC raised yet is like 5% of the scope of what Steven is promising. Its hilarious that people and media think raising 3 mil is some massive achievement.

    The Elder Scrolls online has a steady population, Final Fantasy XIV RR is really popular and meanwhile WoW has been losing more and more subs.
    Wouldnt say WoW is winning anything anymore.

    Also.. Conan Exiles? Come on.. everyone saw that piece of shit coming and i still can not believe people actually bought it -_-
    Want a new MMORPG in your life?
    Try taking a look at Ashes of Creation
    Warning! Referallink!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,402
    Jacobin said:
    Compete with WoW? The delusions of people in this genre never cease to amaze.

    All this game has done so far is convince a few thousand people that scenes in UE4 represent  actual MMORPG gameplay and that profit sharing affiliate marketing will get people to spam links everywhere.

    There is zero chance that this game will be able to complete with a multi-billion dollar game that is run by probably the most successful game company in history. EA/Bioware couldn't do it, SOE couldn't do it, Zenimax, NC Soft, SquareEnix... the list is endless yet Intrepid will?

    Most indie games at least have the sense to go after a niche and not promise the moon especially when it is a brand new studio with zero shipped games.

    For reference, the budget for Conan Exiles was 4.5M which is almost 50% more than what AoC raised yet is like 5% of the scope of what Steven is promising. Its hilarious that people and media think raising 3 mil is some massive achievement.

    The Elder Scrolls online has a steady population, Final Fantasy XIV RR is really popular and meanwhile WoW has been losing more and more subs.
    Wouldnt say WoW is winning anything anymore.

    Also.. Conan Exiles? Come on.. everyone saw that piece of shit coming and i still can not believe people actually bought it -_-
    Well I bought Conan Exiles because it looked good, but I didn't know it had Denuvo so I wouldn't be able to play...

    I like the concept of Conan Exiles too, but like the company themselves doesn't know how to make video games which is the problem with FunCom...

    There are lots of companies like this for example Alibion being one of the biggest I know its got a lot of hype right now but yeah I can't believe I bought that eitther...

    Although taking a look at Ashes OF Creation being a western Created game in the United States, likely going to have outstanding customer service compared to Albion, already taking a look at dealing with illegal gold sellers, and the graphics / work they are doing just looks amazing.

    As for my subscription I already got a Life-Time subscription to the game and I like what they are doing so far it looks great wish I could just login to the game now to see it for myself.
    KyleranZenJelly
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,816
    What's that sound I hear? Could it be a broken record?
    pantaroblueturtle13ZenJelly

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon




  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INMember RarePosts: 5,425
    I jsut wait for the games to release..i am definitely not a EA kind of person.....If the game is good enough I will contribute, if not I wont.
  • SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    You don't have to purchase it, but there was quite a lot of demand for people like me who missed the Kickstarter but still wanted to have access to Alpha/Beta. It might be an indie game but it raised well over 3 million on Kickstarter, so it's a bit different to other indie developers. Also it is promising because they are not publishing videos of done up cutscenese they are posting ingame footage and it looks amazing. 
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,248
    I prefer monthly sub without cash shop. Hope Pantheon will use this model.
    pantaroforcelimaNildenIRandomskadadcjmarsh
  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,221
    And I don't trust indie games.  Hell will freeze before I -

    (1) Financially support indie anything.

    (2) Pay a subscription fee.


    I'm a box cat.  *

    1) Wait and see if the game is well done.  Lots and lots of time to decide this.

    2) Your a cheapskate looking for FREE games...... Theirs 200 other games on the list for you.
  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 bucharestMember UncommonPosts: 264
    Lol 500$ and comparing it to WOW... 

    Nobody at this point knows how it will be and that is including the developers, i`m sure they think they will do a good job but you can`t really know until launch.

    As for the 500$... while i did pay that for games like War Thunder, it was because it was launched and i knew i like it enough to buy the stuff, but as of right now you are paying for.... nothing certain. 

    I`ll wait until closer to launch, if its good, like any other good game, i`ll try and play it. If it fails like the oh so many other MMO`s.... at least i didn`t pay 500$ for it! :wink:
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,248
    And I don't trust indie games.  Hell will freeze before I -

    (1) Financially support indie anything.

    (2) Pay a subscription fee.



    1) I don't mind supporting indie games if their are entertaining enough;
    2) I prefer subscription any time over lootbox casinos and p2w shite AAA games are offering these days,
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I was excitd about this game. If they charge a subscription i will not be playing it ever. Sad. I do no support monthly subscription fees ever.  I dont care what rationale they are other people use for subscriptions. Look at GW2 and then tell me monthly subs are needed for good content.
  • PonziniPonzini Hollister, CAMember UncommonPosts: 433
    edited October 29
    Wedlen said:
    I was excitd about this game. If they charge a subscription i will not be playing it ever. Sad. I do no support monthly subscription fees ever.  I dont care what rationale they are other people use for subscriptions. Look at GW2 and then tell me monthly subs are needed for good content.
    This game wont cost $50 like GW2. So that is ~3 months of subscription right there. You should know if the game is worth subscribing to after 3 months. Also wasn't GW2 pay to win? This game wont be. The only way I could see this being an issue is if you are still using mommy's credit card.

    That is another benefit of a subscription model. Usually means less little kids everywhere.
    Post edited by Ponzini on
    Kyleran
  • laxielaxie UK - Leamington SpaMember RarePosts: 896
    Why don't people like subscriptions?

    Assuming that you are willing to pay something - and are not a person who never pays: Is it the principle that you are "forced" to pay a set amount every month?
  • krgwynnekrgwynne noosaMember UncommonPosts: 44
    sub is best all others end up pay to win or just are not worth playing at all
  • EldrachEldrach SandefjordMember UncommonPosts: 52
    Elder Scrolls Online is a good example that you can build a service with a subscription model and b2p that actually works just fine. 
Sign In or Register to comment.