Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aaryn Flynn to Leave BioWare, Casey Hudson Returns to Lead - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAaryn Flynn to Leave BioWare, Casey Hudson Returns to Lead - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda News - Aaryn Flynn, current General Manager at BioWare, is leaving the company after "contemplating changes for [his] life". Flynn does not elaborate on future projects if or when he returns to the gaming space, but he thanks the BioWare community for all of the 17 years he was with the company. Over the next two weeks, he'll be working with Casey Hudson, returning to BioWare and the GM position.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    This is actually good news. Bioware please come back
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited July 2017
    This is good news. Hopefully, we'll get some single player DLC soon.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    edited July 2017
    It's good PR and a common sense move for EA to bring back someone whom intimately knows the inner workings of the studio very well. At least his appointment might relax some of the negativity that Bioware has gotten from fans and media a like. Let's hope that he can stay on top of all the projects and become a more effective manager than what  Bioware has  had  over the years. I still wont be interested in Anthem since it just isn't my type of game, but I do wish it well and hope that there is still a future for their older series as well.
    Post edited by Bakgrind on
    [Deleted User]
  • seraphicasseraphicas Member UncommonPosts: 51

This is actually good news. Bioware please come back

Have to agree with ya man. Just having the name Bioware on a game used to mean something. Anymore it's just meh...and EA, yeah gtfo!
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Now imagine getting the Good Doctors back. I don't know how much creative influence they had, but things sure changed after they left.
    Alomar

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    edited July 2017

Orthelian said:

Now imagine getting the Good Doctors back. I don't know how much creative influence they had, but things sure changed after they left.

According to Greg Zeschuk who is one of the founders of Bioware EA does give them the creative freedom to create their projects. And the doctors had a lot of say as far as the creative direction of their projects was concerned.And you are right that things kind of went south after they left.

"The best analogy I use, in a positive way, is EA gives you enough rope to hang yourself. It was really interesting because we really made all the choices we wanted to make ourselves; these are all things we wanted to try ... That was the biggest revelation, that rope that EA gives you; they don't second-guess you, they don't say you shouldn't do that. We had complete creative control over a lot of it; some fans didn't like some of it and some of it was experimental, quite frankly."
    Source
    https://www.engadget.com/20...

"Zeschuk also rejects any notion of Electronic Arts being a negative influence on BioWare. "They don't second-guess you, they don't say you shouldn't do that," he explains. "We had complete creative control over a lot of it; some fans didn't like some of it and some of it was experimental, quite frankly."
    Source
    https://www.engadget.com/20...
    [Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Definitely good news hoping for some great new stuff from Bioware.
    Chamber of Chains