Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar - Richard Garriott - Goals, Milestones, and Expectations - MMORPG.com

Comments

• klash2001klash2001 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Scorchien said:
    Royou said:

And the troll card is played.

This one shows up in the thread peddling the usual SotA bullshit, gets called out, and then screams "troll" and runs away.

Anyone considering investing in this game: These are the types of people you will be playing with. This is a typical SotA player. Buyer beware.

"Goes and re-reads his post's, scratches head, re-reads again" peddling....... peddling, runs away..... I'm still here, but would you be so kind to show me where I was peddling, as no matter how much I try I just can't find it!

Yes come join me, just so that you can see just how wrong this person is, a great community full of great people from all over the world, players that will go that extra mile to help you. Or you can listen to this person's factless bullshit " as postlarval, puts it"  the choice is yours, not his or theirs!
      Ive been playing SOTA thru this entire discussion , this is my second run at the game..One thing i will say , is that the community in game is very nice , in my experience , this past week , So lets please be fair here and stop throwing a blanket on an entire community here ..

Now , as far as SOTA goes , and once again im a 20 year UO vet , and a Big fan of RG and co work , SoTA is no UO , but , there is the bones of a good game in there altho there are many things i dont like or hope are changed , i have mentioned some of those in this thread...

Hoping that the devs can get this game on track and deliver a good game , That what we all want in the end ...

But some of the posts here .. the anger bordering on hate , are out of line , People need to find a better way to spend your time and energy , its not worth it , Those who need to know have got the message and get it , you dont like there game ... Dam , man , find something fun to do , i never get that degree of vitriol towards a game or Dev ....

Im gonna go test SOTA a bit more ....................peace
    Finally a second ally!:) Hey Bro, there's so much to learn about the game...even though the PvP system in place currently still need work, the core mechanics of the combat system are very solid...making PvP rewarding is just a detail, trust me...but they need to balance between us UO vets and new players also...If you are quite new to the game and would like to join a guild I mostly certain that our GM will be happy to welcome you. We're making XCP boost runs, we help each other a lot, we got crafter, enchanter, and the POT is amazing:).
    RoyouLeFantomeAeanderpostlarvalDiegoMarquez
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    klash2001 said:
    Royou said:

This one shows up in the thread peddling the usual SotA bullshit, gets called out, and then screams "troll" and runs away.

Anyone considering investing in this game: These are the types of people you will be playing with. This is a typical SotA player. Buyer beware.

"Goes and re-reads his post's, scratches head, re-reads again" peddling....... peddling, runs away..... I'm still here, but would you be so kind to show me where I was peddling, as no matter how much I try I just can't find it!

Yes come join me, just so that you can see just how wrong this person is, a great community full of great people from all over the world, players that will go that extra mile to help you. Or you can listen to this person's factless bullshit " as postlarval, puts it"  the choice is yours, not his or theirs!
    Totally agree with you mate. Community has been very kind to me. The guild I've is fantastic, and there are members who didn't put a lot of money in the game but has players hundreds of hours before the final wipe to help the devloper...and others, lilke my GM who straight for the beginning invested 10K of his own money to buy the biggest POT in the game and create something that is actually taking life...it's the most beautifull POT in the game btw;)
    Makes sense, your GM is buying in game assets with real life cash and buying players like you with in game cash.

You should try to get a better deal.  ;)
    Slapshot1188postlarvalDiegoMarquez

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Royou said:
    LeFantome said:
    Royou said:
    Talonsin said:
    klash2001 said:

I use words like "Potentials" cause it really has a lot, if you don't see it it's because you haven't played it enough or didn't have the chance to run into someone that could show it to you. "Needs polilsh" and "Not launched" cuz these are facts.
    Can you honestly name a game that does NOT have "potential"? 

You also say the game is "not launched" but what does that really mean?  Isnt that just a word since they are not wiping the server anymore and the cash shop is open?  Honestly, the word play used by todays game industry is getting completely ridiculous.  If your game is for sale on steam, there are no wipes and the cash shop is open, how is it not launched?  Will more content be added in the future, if that is how you define "launched" then World of Warcraft is not launched yet since they are always adding new content.

You talk about facts, let me give you a real fact.  Over 40,000 people purchased this game from steam and yet yesterday, which was Sunday and a peak play day for video games, only saw a bit over 200 players in the game at its peak, that is less than one percent.  Is that really the mark of a quality game? 

Source: https://steamspy.com/app/326160

really you're basing your facts on steam......... roflmao not used steam to login..... must be well over a year, not many that I know still use steam to login. Go get some real evidence 
    Some real evidence ? Well, the devs refused to give any numbers. NONE what so ever.  They also refused to put a players count on their main page SOTA.com .  Oh and Chris Spears also said they had around 1000 players.  Dude..1000, not 5K , not 50K..    Anyhow, the game sucks and we don't need steam to know it.   Maybe YOU could provide us a real evidence ? You must have some if you don't want to beleive those numbers on steam... No?                                                  http://www.mmorpg.com/shroud-of-the-avatar/columns/shooting-solo-1000011646#vanilla-comments                                                                            
    From Chris:
    The majority of our audience is NOT on Steam and instead just plays through our website and Steam was an after thought that represents about 20% of our audience.
    200 X 20% = 1000  And If you log in.. you will hardly beleive that number.

LeFantome said:
    Royou said:
    Talonsin said:
    klash2001 said:

I use words like "Potentials" cause it really has a lot, if you don't see it it's because you haven't played it enough or didn't have the chance to run into someone that could show it to you. "Needs polilsh" and "Not launched" cuz these are facts.
    Can you honestly name a game that does NOT have "potential"? 

You also say the game is "not launched" but what does that really mean?  Isnt that just a word since they are not wiping the server anymore and the cash shop is open?  Honestly, the word play used by todays game industry is getting completely ridiculous.  If your game is for sale on steam, there are no wipes and the cash shop is open, how is it not launched?  Will more content be added in the future, if that is how you define "launched" then World of Warcraft is not launched yet since they are always adding new content.

You talk about facts, let me give you a real fact.  Over 40,000 people purchased this game from steam and yet yesterday, which was Sunday and a peak play day for video games, only saw a bit over 200 players in the game at its peak, that is less than one percent.  Is that really the mark of a quality game? 

Source: https://steamspy.com/app/326160

really you're basing your facts on steam......... roflmao not used steam to login..... must be well over a year, not many that I know still use steam to login. Go get some real evidence 
    Some real evidence ? Well, the devs refused to give any numbers. NONE what so ever.  They also refused to put a players count on their main page SOTA.com .  Oh and Chris Spears also said they had around 1000 players.  Dude..1000, not 5K , not 50K..    Anyhow, the game sucks and we don't need steam to know it.   Maybe YOU could provide us a real evidence ? You must have some if you don't want to beleive those numbers on steam... No?                                                  http://www.mmorpg.com/shroud-of-the-avatar/columns/shooting-solo-1000011646#vanilla-comments                                                                            
    From Chris:
    The majority of our audience is NOT on Steam and instead just plays through our website and Steam was an after thought that represents about 20% of our audience.
    200 X 20% = 1000  And If you log in.. you will hardly beleive that number.

I don't have to prove anything, you don't like it so don't play it. I will not lose any sleep because you and others don't/won't play it, from my perspective I'm happy that you're not playing it, there are enough ingame trolls to battle as it is.

Ok, you dont want to prove anything, then dont ask for anything.  You want to start that game about numbers , but you don't have any.  Once we gave you something, you go back in your pinky world saying you dont have  prove anything. You obviously know nothing about me or the others, like you know nothing about that game either. Don't presume when you have no idea about what you're talking about.  

postlarval

klash2001 said:
    I'm quitting this conversation, there's no point speaking facts V.S assumptions. None of you truly tested the game and your assumptions make you blind and that's a shame because YOU guys are the ones that can help the game getting on track when it launches.

BTW, Why are you still here??
    Kyleranpostlarval

• RoyouRoyou Member UncommonPosts: 82
    klash2001 said:
    Royou said:

Totally agree with you mate. Community has been very kind to me. The guild I've is fantastic, and there are members who didn't put a lot of money in the game but has players hundreds of hours before the final wipe to help the devloper...and others, lilke my GM who straight for the beginning invested 10K of his own money to buy the biggest POT in the game and create something that is actually taking life...it's the most beautifull POT in the game btw;)
    Cool will have to come see it :)

imageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

"The Virtues guide us when the path is dark, Sacrifice most of all, sometimes Sacrifice is the Greatest Weapon we have!

That is a Cruel Truth" (Austen Andrews. Ultima The Technocrat War. 2002)

Ok, you dont want to prove anything, then dont ask for anything.  You want to start that game about numbers , but you don't have any.  Once we gave you something, you go back in your pinky world saying you dont have  prove anything. You obviously know nothing about me or the others, like you know nothing about that game either. Don't presume when you have no idea about what you're talking about.  

Never assume for all you do is make an ass out of u and me "ass-U-me" I know all I need to know about the game, been a backer since kickstarter, you and the others I don't know you are correct, but here's a heads up, I don't want to know you either, I can tell the type of person that you are, from how and what you write, thanks but no thanks!

As for proving anything, why would I waste my time, you don't like the game, so here's a bit of awesome news, it's the best news ever, and will save you time and money.......... Don't play the game!!!!!!!! now was that not truly awesome, you can chose not to play the game, who would have thought, a game that you hate so much, never has to ever annoy or bother you! you can thank me later!
    klash2001postlarval

"The Virtues guide us when the path is dark, Sacrifice most of all, sometimes Sacrifice is the Greatest Weapon we have!

edited July 2017
    Royou said

There are no trolls in that game, they got banned... Dude, are you playing SOTA?  
    Post edited by LeFantome on
    Royou

LeFantome said:
    Royou said:

Never assume for all you do is make an ass out of u and me "ass-U-me" I know all I need to know about the game, been a backer since kickstarter, you and the others I don't know you are correct, but here's a heads up, I don't want to know you either, I can tell the type of person that you are, from how and what you write, thanks but no thanks!

As for proving anything, why would I waste my time, you don't like the game, so here's a bit of awesome news, it's the best news ever, and will save you time and money.......... Don't play the game!!!!!!!! now was that not truly awesome, you can chose not to play the game, who would have thought, a game that you hate so much, never has to ever annoy or bother you! you can thank me later!

Was I talking to you? I don't think so. 
    Umm yes you were, go re-read your post and see whom it's quoted from  ;)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I dunno..I see Richards name and I keep expecting some new form of ultima
    klash2001
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    No matter which side of the discussion you're on, all parties agree this train wreck has reality entertainment value for days on end.  Like this nugget that just dropped today:

The devs are asking for suggestion on how to mitigate the load time between scenes..  hahaha - the DEVS are ASKING for ways to mitigate load times between scenes.

" We understand that load times are annoying (to us too!), so we certainly welcome suggestions of any kind that can help mitigate the wait."

And still people continue to think there's some ultimate reveal on the way when all the polish and game mechanics will just magically come together. hahahahahahahaha
    LeFantomeKyleran
    No matter which side of the discussion you're on, all parties agree this train wreck has reality entertainment value for days on end.  Like this nugget that just dropped today:

The devs are asking for suggestion on how to mitigate the load time between scenes..  hahaha - the DEVS are ASKING for ways to mitigate load times between scenes.

" We understand that load times are annoying (to us too!), so we certainly welcome suggestions of any kind that can help mitigate the wait."

And still people continue to think there's some ultimate reveal on the way when all the polish and game mechanics will just magically come together. hahahahahahahaha

As ususal, they asked for suggestions but won't take any . In the past,we gave them so many suggestions but yet  , we still end up with this wannabe game. So yeah...

• klash2001klash2001 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Royou said:
    klash2001 said:
    Royou said:

Cool will have to come see it :)
    It's called "Cheateau dy Lys" on Hidden Vale:)
    Royou
    Wow am shocked, really thought that those that have been so vocale would give a good discussion and would come back with good sound evidence to back up all the shouting that they are doing....... Nada nothing all they do is edit their posts in the hope of keeping some face, but they forget that they unedited version are already quoted. Which proves one thing to me, all those that are shouting must be banned SOTA players that must have trolled the crap out of the SOTA forums, so came to vent their rage here, and that is very sad :(

Kyleranpostlarvalklash2001

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Royou said:
    Wow am shocked, really thought that those that have been so vocale would give a good discussion and would come back with good sound evidence to back up all the shouting that they are doing....... Nada nothing all they do is edit their posts in the hope of keeping some face, but they forget that they unedited version are already quoted. Which proves one thing to me, all those that are shouting must be banned SOTA players that must have trolled the crap out of the SOTA forums, so came to vent their rage here, and that is very sad :(

Did you miss the links to the steam sales and numbers or are you just going to dismiss the largest digital PC sales platform on the internet?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I'll just leave this here in case some of you SOTA supporters need something to help you relax.

Royoupostlarval

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited July 2017
    Royou said:

I don't have to prove anything, you don't like it so don't play it. I will not lose any sleep because you and others don't/won't play it, from my perspective I'm happy that you're not playing it, there are enough ingame trolls to battle as it is.
    It looks like you are actually really bothered.
    If the game is so amazing, you should just be playing it, instead of wasting your time trying to convince us that the numbers are wrong.
    But apparently you can't sleep at night contrary to your claims.

Sure Steam numbers are not the Bible, but they provide an indication about the game player retantion rate (not the overall active players).
    So if the number on Steam are 3K weekly that doesn't mean the game has only 3K weekly players, it could be they have 6K if you add those who don't use Steam, it could be more or less, we don't really know.
    But what you can do with Steam numbers is determine the Player Retantion Rate.
    So if 60K people bought the game and only 3K are actually playing the game that means that only 5% of those that bought the game are still playing it.

And don't kid yourself who buy the games on Steam usually play them on Steam.

Post edited by ste2000 on
    LeFantome

• ForumOverlord900129ForumOverlord900129 Member CommonPosts: 5
    I have not hear much about this game, but I think they should bring back Tabula Rasa, not many are familar with the old game.
    klash2001 said:

Finally a second ally!:)
    This isn't Alliance vs Horde, do grow up.
    If your arguments are strong enough you don't need anyone else to back it up.
    Plus the second "Ally" is not exactly singing the praises of the game.

He just said that the in-game community is nice, which I agree with, and the game has potential, but as I explained to you in another of my post, most of us have problem accepting that a game that is 5 years in development and spent $18 Millions so far, is still stuck in the "Potential" stage.
    That's what most of us have a problem with.
    By now the game should have more to it than just having "Potential".
    Add to this that it doesn't look like the Developers are doing anything to convert this "Potential" into something real, as they seem more than happy with the work done so far.
    And that's really worrying, because Portalarium still don't get what they need to do to make this game playable, let alone enjoyable.

The reason why the game is in this state is partly because people like you, who accept any excuses from Portalarium and keep waiting and waiting without complaining while pouring money into it.
    With people like you Portalarium doesn't really have to try hard, and the results can be seen in the actual game.

NildenLeFantomeKyleranpostlarvalDiegoMarquez

edited July 2017
    Nilden said:
    Royou said:

Did you miss the links to the steam sales and numbers or are you just going to dismiss the largest digital PC sales platform on the internet?
    I looked but is only a small fraction of the player base, so fail to see what impact steam has on the whole picture, to base any relevance to those figures is just lunacy, you can not look through a keyhole and then claim that you have seen the whole house, and those that are doing so, look and are very foolish as far as I am concerned. 

The "largest digital PC sales platform on the internet?" ROFLMAO and what are you basing that on?
    Post edited by Royou on
    klash2001

edited July 2017
    This needs to be deleted, as have added the comments to the previous post!

Post edited by Royou on

edited July 2017

Royou said:

It looks like you are actually really bothered.
    If the game is so amazing, you should just be playing it, instead of wasting your time trying to convince us that the numbers are wrong.
    But apparently you can't sleep at night contrary to your claims.

Sure Steam numbers are not the Bible, but they provide an indication about the game player retantion rate (not the overall active players).
    So if the number on Steam are 3K weekly that doesn't mean the game has only 3K weekly players, it could be they have 6K if you add those who don't use Steam, it could be more or less, we don't really know.
    But what you can do with Steam numbers is determine the Player Retantion Rate.
    So if 60K people bought the game and only 3K are actually playing the game that means that only 5% of those that bought the game are still playing it.

And don't kid yourself who buy the games on Steam usually play them on Steam.

LOL I have a life and a job, bothered by you and this thread....... ROFLMAO ya ok sure.

OMG so you are telling me that with all those if's and but's that you can determine the Player Retention Rate  with only a small fraction of the overall player base............. MAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh that is the best joke I have heard in such a long time, you are so funny, and with maths like that can you tell me what it is like being the head of NASA!

I think the only person on here trying to kid anybody is you!
    Aeander

edited July 2017
    ste2000 said:
    klash2001 said:

He just said that the in-game community is nice, which I agree with, and the game has potential, but as I explained to you in another of my post, most of us have problem accepting that a game that is 5 years in development and spent $18 Millions so far, is still stuck in the "Potential" stage.
    Add to this that it doesn't look like the Developers are doing anything to convert this "Potential" into something real, as they seem more than happy with the work done so far.
    And that's really worrying, because Portalarium still don't get what they need to do to make this game playable, let alone enjoyable.

The reason why the game is in this state is partly because people like you, who accept any excuses from Portalarium and keep waiting and waiting without complaining while pouring money into it.
    With people like you Portalarium doesn't really have to try hard, and the results can be seen in the actual game.

Touchy touchy, think you need to do the growing up, wow talk about a hot head!

I love the game, there is so much that I enjoy about it! and just to let you know, I do not just accept anything that Portalarium say, I let my game play decided my opinion, but I understand that the game is and has been throught the whole time of me backing it and playing it, in development, and it has been a joy to see the game develop in front of my eyes,  to what it is at this moment.

I can draw many conclusions from the angry aggressive way that most of you write.......... but you know what, I can't be bothered..........

ste2000 said:
    klash2001 said:

That guy for President. +1
    Royou

edited July 2017
    Royou said:
    ste2000 said:
    klash2001 said:

By stating that this is not an Friends vs Foes situation is hardly being touchy, it wasn't an insult.
    This is a discussion and some people agree with you while some don't, and the level of agreement is based on what you say, not how many "Allies" you have.
    That comment was just childish.

By the way you forgot to switch back to @klash2001 (I was replying to him not to you), I know you need "Allies" to validate your argument, but you don't need to make it that obvious you are mass producing them yourself.

edited July 2017
    ste2000 said:
    Royou said:
    ste2000 said:
    klash2001 said:

By stating that this is not an Friends vs Foes situation is hardly being touchy, it wasn't an insult.
    This is a discussion and some people agree with you while some don't, and the level of agreement is based on what you say, not how many "Allies" you have.
    That comment was just childish.

By the way you forgot to switch back to @klash2001 (I was replying to him not to you), I know you need "Allies" to validate your argument, but you don't need to make it that obvious you are mass producing them yourself.

I am fully aware that it was not directed to me, but it was about me, which gives me the right to reply. As for the comment being childish........ I don't think so,  I never said or implied that it was an insult and your reply speaks for itself!
    Post edited by Royou on

This discussion has been closed.