Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fake extreme heat wave headlines.

CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
I don't know what it is, but the weather channels around my area are reporting record breaking heat waves. Yet the temperature isn't getting past 90 F. The heat is actually pretty mild compared to most summers. Like they are warning to keep pets indoors during this heatwave. Today it was 82F.

Comments

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    Location?
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    San Diego
    francis_baud
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I live in Escondido Ca and it was 100 degrees plus today.
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/escondido-ca/92025/july-weather/327158
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    100 is hardly out of the norm for Escondido, Temecula, and El Cajon this time of year.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Such a heat wave! You might actually have to use a fan.  
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited July 2017
    Cleffy said:
    I don't know what it is, but the weather channels around my area are reporting record breaking heat waves. Yet the temperature isn't getting past 90 F. The heat is actually pretty mild compared to most summers. Like they are warning to keep pets indoors during this heatwave. Today it was 82F.
    its recorded breaking for the date....face palm 

not the hottest day for that location for the season but for that specific day

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Cleffy said:
    100 is hardly out of the norm for Escondido, Temecula, and El Cajon this time of year.
    I have lived in Escondido since 2003 and for some reason this feels hotter or stuffier than usual at this time of year.
    Asheram said:
    Cleffy said:
    I have lived in Escondido since 2003 and for some reason this feels hotter or stuffier than usual at this time of year.
    when weather reports say 'record breaking' unless they state explicitly otherwise its always in reference to that specific day, not the season or the year.

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373
    They'll do anything to get a headline.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who've died in real disasters because they are used to the news crying wolf so often.
    Barrikor said:
    They'll do anything to get a headline.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who've died in real disasters because they are used to the news crying wolf so often.
    no...the OP got it wrong.

when the weather man says 'record breaking' its in realation to that specific day, not the season. I assume people know this, then again I thought everyone knew ACA and 'Obmacare' is the same thing