Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Day & Beyond - Our Exclusive Interview with Stefan Wiezorek - Albion Online Interviews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLaunch Day & Beyond - Our Exclusive Interview with Stefan Wiezorek - Albion Online Interviews

Albion Online's release has been a long time coming. Beta seemed to go on forever as Sandbox Interactive refined and retooled the game based on its founders' feedback. Now, launch is upon us. Today, we talk to the team and find out what the future holds.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    That Raven haired girl in the picture looks like Hera in the Thor: Ragnarok trailer.
    RyuushimaMrMelGibson
  • LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    This game is, hands-down, the most boring pile of shit I have ever installed on my PC.  Everything about this game sucks.  It is nothing more than a stamina based mobile app disguised as a PC game.  These devs should be embarrassed of themselves.  
    ExcessionTillerPsYcHoGBRWalperpostlarvallaxiescaredmoneyRyuushimamutsetAsm0deusand 17 others.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    So what I would love to know is who is actually running this company, what I consider from personal experience a company of liars whom of which banned my account during the last beta for life and say I purchased currency with Real Money, without evidence, there is no doubt about a rule broken, but I question the integrity of this company and who is really running it when every time I try to login it says banned for 3rd party gold purchase, but they refuse to answer the question in the mail with actual proof.

So I really question the integrity of this company as being the first MMO from Germany I have ever backed for 4 years and never had any previous infractions on the account.

Speaking of Integrity I also don't understand what they mean about exploits, if a person is intentionally abusing a bug or exploit it has to be fixed immediately, for example boss glitching as no doubt there might be one or two if a user finds an exploit and is abused action needs to be taken because resources are a key part in this game when it comes to crafting and stuff. I also love how whoever this "Stefan Wiezorek" person is says without their founders it wouldn't be possible, but in within the game rules, they can't even make them easy to understand for its customers, and founders such as myself, they have made a few changes making it easier to understand but in general they needed to do what Rune Scape did with their rules and make it easier to understand there. https://runescape.com/game-guide/rules
    ExcessionpostlarvalGdemamiMrMelGibsonDigitalGuiseKyleranOzmodanMitaraManWithNoTanVerenath
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I thought release was today, but only for $100 whales... dang 2 more days to go
    Acebets70

Krynt0k said:

Haha yeah I was a whale for 4 years before this last beta, the only real money I spent on any products was to their company and they know it too :P...

http://imgur.com/a/45evE

But I was more of a whale in ArcheAge with 7 Premium Accounts.
    ExcessionGdemamiMrMelGibsonStrizzy12KyleranSamhaelVerenath
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited July 2017
    he say :Stefan Wiezorek: As a game that is almost entirely crowd funded, we would like to express our gratitude to our 250,000 Founders, some of which have supported us for many years.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    founder since 2014... very early alpha : then they open ''starter pack who remplace founder pack 1 week before releases'' and make them start at the same time that peoples who have ''funded'' their game 2 year ago... messy build ect.

you have no way upgrade your founder pack, pay another 100$ or start 2 day later they say !!
    because your founder pack buy 2 year ago !! not better than a starter pack buy 2 day ago they say.

they show very low respect for their founder peoples... they will actualy give you 10% more gold but you start at the same time than the peoples who have buy starter pack this week or 2 later AFTER.... and in many case later than starter pack because they can start today too !!

all founder tier should have start BEFORE STARTER PACK... clearly zero tier later than any starter pack.

for this reason im not playing, and also your game still fucking bad and p2win... you were saying in alpha the gold buy on your website would not impac the game... they were lying... you can just spend money and buy everything and get full equip , you die ? in a full loot game , just spend gold again...

while the poor f2p... loss his equip... and ??

this game shit
    Viper482[Deleted User]Asm0deusGdemamiKyleranExcessionJamesGoblin
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Renoaku said:
    So what I would love to know is who is actually running this company, what I consider from personal experience a company of liars whom of which banned my account during the last beta for life and say I purchased currency with Real Money, without evidence, there is no doubt about a rule broken, but I question the integrity of this company and who is really running it when every time I try to login it says banned for 3rd party gold purchase, but they refuse to answer the question in the mail with actual proof.

So I really question the integrity of this company as being the first MMO from Germany I have ever backed for 4 years and never had any previous infractions on the account.

Speaking of Integrity I also don't understand what they mean about exploits, if a person is intentionally abusing a bug or exploit it has to be fixed immediately, for example boss glitching as no doubt there might be one or two if a user finds an exploit and is abused action needs to be taken because resources are a key part in this game when it comes to crafting and stuff. I also love how whoever this "Stefan Wiezorek" person is says without their founders it wouldn't be possible, but in within the game rules, they can't even make them easy to understand for its customers, and founders such as myself, they have made a few changes making it easier to understand but in general they needed to do what Rune Scape did with their rules and make it easier to understand there. https://runescape.com/game-guide/rules
    You were popped for buying gold. The dev even called you out on it on these forums because you kept going on about it. Maybe it's time to drop it and move on instead of writing a novella about it in every single thread? From the dev:

Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462334/before-you-buy-this-game-read-the-terms-of-service#cS4jPJYHPMs0E5J4.99

postlarvalCalexWalkinGlennWraithoneMrMelGibsonAeliousLahuzerKyleranExcessionAvarixand 7 others.
    edited July 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    Renoaku said:

Speaking of Integrity I also don't understand what they mean about exploits, if a person is intentionally abusing a bug or exploit it has to be fixed immediately, for example boss glitching as no doubt there might be one or two if a user finds an exploit and is abused action needs to be taken because resources are a key part in this game when it comes to crafting and stuff. I also love how whoever this "Stefan Wiezorek" person is says without their founders it wouldn't be possible, but in within the game rules, they can't even make them easy to understand for its customers, and founders such as myself, they have made a few changes making it easier to understand but in general they needed to do what Rune Scape did with their rules and make it easier to understand there. https://runescape.com/game-guide/rules
    You were popped for buying gold. The dev even called you out on it on these forums because you kept going on about it. Maybe it's time to drop it and move on instead of writing a novella about it in every single thread? From the dev:

Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462334/before-you-buy-this-game-read-the-terms-of-service#cS4jPJYHPMs0E5J4.99

Yeah I remember what one developer said, whom of which by the way "Refuses to answer any support tickets since he decided to call it out" actually respond to PM on here, or on their own forums either.

He simply says I purchased gold, but has no actual evidence of it, meanwhile I submit him evidence of what actually happened rather than purchasing gold and no one from their support staff actually looks at it, the TOS does say you can submit counter evidence for review if you feel that they banned your account injust, or rather if its incorrect.

edit: and I fail to understand how a person saying Im delivery is any type of proof, I could go in game trade a bunch of people and just say Im delivery too, because we are in TeamSpeak, or Discord or whatever, which I was on curse the night we did the trade with the group of people who traded me across the games.

As I said there is no doubt that a rule was broken without knowledge which I was not aware of trading items / currency between both games is forbidden, but their forums during Alpha / Beta testing only states that "RMT" is illegal, never once did they tell me I couldn't accept currency or items in large amounts with nothing in return, or between two games except in their Terms & Conditions which I completely missed.

Now obviously there are a few that would believe a developer or GM in a game that is a given, and then there are people who know me for years such as in my gaming discords and know I wouldn't waste Real Money purchasing currency from an illegitimate source because it would be wiped anyways, nor would I waste a huge amount of my RL time arguing with the said company if I spent real money purchasing currency from an illegal source.

What I am really interested in is who is running SBI, and how do you get hold of management other than getting generic responses from people who work on zendesk who just are given a list of what to say, because honestly I would like them to sit down and look at all the facts starting from how long I have had my account in Good Standing, and how many rules I have actually ever broken in the game.

The way I see it its a principle of the matter of spending $174 If I remember it correctly, and getting banned before the game even launches just for accepting a trade in game which off in game mechanics is totally legal to accept trades.
    VosperGdemamiWraithoneMrMelGibsonDigitalGuiseKyleranExcessionJamesGoblinThunder073Mitaraand 1 other.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have one ,well two comments.

Gamer's should not be supporting rmt activities it ruins gaming in a big way.

My seconds comment is that devs need to show as much effort removing the RMT which apparently since they are decisive in their conclusion proves they run rampant in their game.

Thunder073Mitara

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited July 2017
    Wizardry said:
    I have one ,well two comments.

Gamer's should not be supporting rmt activities it ruins gaming in a big way.

My seconds comment is that devs need to show as much effort removing the RMT which apparently since they are decisive in their conclusion proves they run rampant in their game.

Hey thanks I agree RMT especially in game like Albion should be illegal, absolutely agree with this if they can prevent this and fraud it will be awesome, but I don't see how they are fully going to prevent it given the amount of abuse the game is open to with the lack of security.

But my problem with this game especially with launch, is the part of the agreement that says "You may not accept items or currency" without equal items traded in return, or we will assume that you illegally purchased these items, as well as the part which I missed that says you are not allowed to trade across games for example 100 world of warcraft gold for 500 Albion gold in game because its illegal this is basically what got me into trouble which I was totally unaware of at the time.

When I ask for evidence in a  support ticket this is generally what I get, and I still find it very hard to believe that a person can get banned for life during a beta test the game had not even launched, and other players actually did RMT and cheated the game, yet they got off with warnings based off their forum posts.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/40929-Account-ban-and-suspension-recap/?pageNo=1  Here is proof that people who actually purchased gold from 3rd parties only got suspended.

I am not saying that I shouldn't have gotten a punishment, because it was thanks to them they showed me what I missed was wrong and everything but a Life-Ban including from Launch I still feel as a backer and supporter of this game for 4 years is a bit much instead of letting it be a lesion learned and making sure it never happened again.
    *Censored* (Albion Online)
    Jul 17, 20:04 UTC

Hello again Renoaku,

We are not obligated to disclose our methods or the evidence we have. 
    We are very serious about cheating in our game. The community does not need players who cheat and try to gain unfair advantages over other players. This decision is final and the ban is for lifetime.

Regards,

*Censored* | Customer Care Agent | *Email Address Censored*

Albion Online - Craft. Trade. Conquer.
    GdemamiMrMelGibsonDigitalGuiseKyleranExcessionThunder073Mitara
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wonder if Crowfall will suck as hard and long?
    Not sure about Crow Fall, if anything I expect Crow Fall to be better or I wouldn't have invested $1000 into it, better than Albion I believe so, the biggest thing I currently hate about Crow Fall biggest complaint is how the class and UI skills system is for example pressing 2, and then E to cast another spell I really don't like it, other than that I think it could be way better than Albion.

Although Ashes OF Creation is what I am now looking into more than Crow Fall, I know that for sure will be better, and its a U.S game, so I do not expect I will have problems unlike with Albion in either of them.
    Proudsoul11GdemamiRealizerExcessionVerenath
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Renoaku said:

Krynt0k said:

Haha yeah I was a whale for 4 years before this last beta, the only real money I spent on any products was to their company and they know it too :P...

Did you buy gold from 3rd parties on all seven of those accounts as well?
    Proudsoul11MrMelGibsonDigitalGuiseKyleranExcessionMitara

edited July 2017

Renoaku said:

Krynt0k said:

Did you buy gold from 3rd parties on all seven of those accounts as well?
    Nope I still have my accounts in good standing, except the time I flipped the market, bought out every archem tree, and had them selling for 100 gold a pop because people spam buy and didn't check the price obviously I got accused of laundering gold once, but never banned they just told me to be careful when doing that because a lot of RMT people on Arche Age, use the Auction House to launder currency for example a potion for 1000 gold.

And nope I don't need to buy currency illegally in a game currency is easy to get in Albion, or even Arche Age for that matter, although I do buy gold but only through "Sandbox Interactive" and "Apex" in Arche Age, but that is just to speed things up, and I loved Arche Age until Trion killed the game off which is why I moved over to Albion only to get my account banned because I traded items for Albion Currency.

And Albion Support complains to me about how they don't like Cheating, or gaining an unfair advantage, so the question from me to them, I know its illegal to buy gold from 3rd parties, but what is the difference between buying gold from a 3rd party and "SBI" if both still give you the same unfair advantage, I think its a total joke to be accused of the very thing they sell and say its unfair.
    GdemamiMrMelGibsonDigitalGuiseExcessionpostlarvalMitaraVerenath
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Forced grouping?
    Acebets70
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

Forced grouping?

Well you don't have to group in Albion but if you don't in PVP you get ganked likely and easy free loot etc.

Albion as a game is most fun when doing PVP and part of a group or guild of players.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    3 years ago this game was on my list of mmo's I was watching and looking forward to getting more information on. 2 years ago this game started beta testing and while I wasn't impressed with what I was hearing, I expected much more progress and changes to come and was hopeful I'd like some. 1 year ago the game was continuing a never ending spiral of beta events and pushed back release dates that from which everything I saw in game was off-putting. Now, I forgot this game hadn't launched yet and could care less.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]psychosiz1
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I have a question for you....why if you are so grateful for your founders did you screw them by imposing a deadline and now not letting them upgrade their packs? Furthermore, you are allowing brand new players to buy the packs, but founders would be out $50 more for them. Don't tell me you appreciate me as a founder...SHOW ME. I don't trust you any further than I could throw you at this moment.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I would be all over this game if it had a pve server. I have played UO on and off for many years because of Trammel
    Pesky
    edited July 2017
    Viper482 said:
    I have a question for you....why if you are so grateful for your founders did you screw them by imposing a deadline and now not letting them upgrade their packs? Furthermore, you are allowing brand new players to buy the packs, but founders would be out $50 more for them. Don't tell me you appreciate me as a founder...SHOW ME. I don't trust you any further than I could throw you at this moment.
    Well they screwed me over, and I was in the game playing before founders packs even existed what can you expect lol...

I would love to see the proof from this company about my ban which they say they can't share with me besides the developer that came here to post a line of text with someone who said they were here to give me stuff.

And yeah I understand about those packs how some people would be upset over this too, I am not sure why they are allowing people to buy legendary packs, because if they are then those aren't original founders packs, but a good company would have made new in game items and content for new players and given legendary players whose who have been here for 3+ years something unique to us rather than stabbing us in the back allowing new players to buy and $50 more to upgrade...

Also the game does have PVE you just have to stay in a yellow, or Green Zone, its like EVE Online, although PVE imo is boring and if your going to play this you might as well be playing "World OF Warcraft if you want PVE, or Elder Scrolls Online.

I expect numbers to start falling within a month maximum.

GdemamiExcessionKyleranVerenath
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I really wanted to like this game a few years ago. I had hope. Alas came the beta and I was so underwhelmed at the game. I couldn't even make it past a week and I tried really hard to like it.
    Alomar
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    I was mildly interested, like , oh WOW, something is finally launching. Maybe it is worth checking out.

Went to their website and it all looked okay until I got to the part where it was playable on a tablet andd consoles.

No thanks. Pass.

I'll wait for something PC exclusive.
    MrMelGibsonOzmodanMitaraEnik

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    wow.... Look at all the fake news,,,,,
    edited July 2017
    I really wanted to like this game a few years ago. I had hope. Alas came the beta and I was so underwhelmed at the game. I couldn't even make it past a week and I tried really hard to like it.
    Yeah the two biggest things I enjoyed in this game which very few games actually offer was the crafting system, and the PVP, I didn't really like the PVE much at all, although the game could be developed a lot better within the crafting system to be somewhat more like Arche Age with the farms, and crafting on Private islands and all that IMO if the game was developed in a much more simple way the game would have been better.

without any doubt imo I would say ArcheAge had the best crafting system which is something I wish more games would have adopted including Albion, but games like ESO, and BDO have the potential to upgrade their crafting systems to be better, at least being a crafter and farming is a couple of the main things that brought me into Albion other than that once new games adopt it or go mobile including RuneScape its likely it will attract more players over Albion.

Cross platform, and mobile games for example are not bad, its the lack of innovation, funds, and good developers which these days make games bad or not fun / really worth playing, although with proper people providing them feed-back such as myself with a whole new concept and idea of how to do things if I had the funds to start open a totally new game even if something smaller than Albion, it would be much better than both Rune Scape, or Albion would provide "Real World Interaction" along with in game play as well, and wouldn't have the bad graphics Albion has as a game.

For example what Albion did was very basic when they thought about cross platform they went with something very basic that has the same game-play cross platform, but imagine a game like ingress where you could build and farm in Real Life using GPS coords, and real life farms in your own yard with your phone so it made you go outside kinda like ingress, but doing such linked to an API or database like in Albion and could be brought into the game.

At least this is just one concept of an idea that could be used in theory and hey people do need to get off their behinds and go outside sometimes ya know.

ExcessionVerenath
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Renoaku said:

Krynt0k said:

Haha yeah I was a whale for 4 years before this last beta, the only real money I spent was on gold from a Gold Seller company and they know it too :P...

Fixed it for you :wink:
    RenoakuForumOverlord900129Excessionpostlarvalseraphis79JamesGoblin