Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good PC games like Stardew Valley?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey folks, are there any decent PC games along the lines of Stardew Valley, but not quite so involved?  Single or multi-player, not P2W, not browser based.  Crop raising, animal rearing or both.  I loved SDV at first, but it started to pull me in so many directions, I actually found it frustrating after a while.  Thanks for any info!

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Check out Banished. It's not exactly like SDV, it's closer to Majesty, and remotely similar to Civilization. 

Also, Farming Simulator. Surprisingly addictive, not at all like SDV though, but definitely excels at crop raising and animal rearing.

3DS has Animal Crossing, which is probably the closest thing to SDV that I know of.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yeah, I loved how charming SDV was, but I couldn't find a balance between farming/friendship/mining/exploring/fishing, etc.
    Banished does look pretty cool, as an odd survival/strategy city builder!
  • IeliarIeliar Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Harvest Moon, but only consoles :(
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Hey folks, are there any decent PC games along the lines of Stardew Valley, but not quite so involved?  Single or multi-player, not P2W, not browser based.  Crop raising, animal rearing or both.  I loved SDV at first, but it started to pull me in so many directions, I actually found it frustrating after a while.  Thanks for any info!

I've never heard of Stardew sorry I can not help.
    TheScavenger
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    airport simulator
    stoneheart
    oxyen not included

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited July 2017
    Check out this new one:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/612720/SAELIG/

its like Banished + NPC social/family/generation management

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• JazzikaJazzika Member CommonPosts: 1
    stoneheart
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Portia.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    If you want a game where you farm as fast as you can, I love Ranch Rush
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Thanks for the help, guys!  Lots of choices.
    Anyone know a safe place to buy Ranch Rush?  I can't find it on GOG or Steam.
    edited July 2017
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
    Thanks!
    Thanks!
    If you enjoy Ranch Rush, you will be in luck, because there are a lot of games of this type - some farming, but a lot of good ones associated with food, such as the Cake Mania series.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I think Stardew Valley is a unique game that in recent times as nothing else was around it resulted in its huge popularity.

I like the casual cuteness of Slime Rancher:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/433340/Slime_Rancher/
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    DMKano said:
    Stardew Valley was inspired by Animal Crossing.

There are other farm simulator games - that are far more frustrating than SDV - so if OP thought that SDV was frustrating I am out of ideas.

Actually he said it was inspired by Harvest Moon; though it does share some similarities to Animal Crossing.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited July 2017
    guys.. really really really really really need to look at this title

its RTS city building + Sims basically.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited July 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    I think Stardew Valley is a unique game that in recent times as nothing else was around it resulted in its huge popularity.

I like the casual cuteness of Slime Rancher:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/433340/Slime_Rancher/
    Stardew Valley also takes alot of stuff from Rune Factory series, actually I'd say its more from rune factory than anything else. I reallllly want a rune factory game that is closer to the RF series than stardew is. STardew is very close but its missing the level up/stat (str etc) systems as well as the better combat rune factory had. Seriously, Rune Factory 4 for 3ds is one of my fave games on the system. You can also gender swap the main char visually, or turn him/her into almost any other npc in the game in the town. you can catch, raise, and party with monsters some are even mountable, the very first boss can actually be tamed as can most of the monster bosses, and shes one of the better monsters to tame in the game, you need a giant toyherb IIRC and some luck. You bascally feed the monster the item it likes and hope for the bosses, for most normal monsters you can usually toss almost anything at em, though some do generally have preferences that makes it easier to tame. You can even have said monsters do farm work for you, like watering crops, cleaning debris, or even harvesting/replanting.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Torval said:
    Kingdoms and Castles is a simple builder. It's like a very simple SimCity with graphics that kind of look like Trove. It doesn't really hold your hand, but there is a very casual mode where you can experiment with ideas before trying harder modes.

https://www.gog.com/game/kingdoms_castles

or

http://store.steampowered.com/app/569480/Kingdoms_and_Castles/

SAELIG

is a game that combines social prinicples with city building. your 'sims' live and die, fall in love and have childern.

[Deleted User]

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Torval said:
    Kingdoms and Castles is a simple builder. It's like a very simple SimCity with graphics that kind of look like Trove. It doesn't really hold your hand, but there is a very casual mode where you can experiment with ideas before trying harder modes.
    I have played it, it's fun but doesn't really lasts long as it just keeps the same loop after you upgrade stuff and build up. 

Siveria said:
    Stardew Valley also takes alot of stuff from Rune Factory series, actually I'd say its more from rune factory than anything else. I reallllly want a rune factory game that is closer to the RF series than stardew is. STardew is very close but its missing the level up/stat (str etc) systems as well as the better combat rune factory had. Seriously, Rune Factory 4 for 3ds is one of my fave games on the system. You can also gender swap the main char visually, or turn him/her into almost any other npc in the game in the town. you can catch, raise, and party with monsters some are even mountable, the very first boss can actually be tamed as can most of the monster bosses, and shes one of the better monsters to tame in the game, you need a giant toyherb IIRC and some luck. You bascally feed the monster the item it likes and hope for the bosses, for most normal monsters you can usually toss almost anything at em, though some do generally have preferences that makes it easier to tame. You can even have said monsters do farm work for you, like watering crops, cleaning debris, or even harvesting/replanting.
    Yeah around that, it just had that special thing about it that just worked and people liked it up that big popularity, very few games achieve that; Stardew Valley has one immense potential with multiplayer co-op being added, shall be interesting.