Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial on All Platforms - 10 Hours Single & Multiplayer - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFree Trial on All Platforms - 10 Hours Single & Multiplayer - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda News - BioWare has announced that a new 10-hour free trial of Mass Effect: Andromeda is now available for PC, PlayStation 4 and XBox One. This is the same trial that was made available to Origin Access members prior to the release of MEA. Players can game up to 10-hours in the MEA universe in either single- or multiplayer and all progress will be saved should a full version of the game be purchased.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Doing that badly?
    azazazaz1111Phry
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    it is a good gesture and the way gaming should be handled,but this free trial is ONLY a result of a failed game.They SHOULD have done this from day 1 BEFORE release but of course they likely feared their game was not good enough.

The sad idea i read of this is "reviews"are we now accepting that a very large majority of gamer's don't think for themselves but instead just play whatever is the popular vote or the best marketing campaigns?I personally know the answer to that question as i have seen it standing in line at EB and his is largely why some games i have considered to be very average do so well.

Example Zelda,i thought was big time over rated but they paid off a lot of people to market their game as being great so others followed up on it.Crap graphics carried the "nostalgic" excuse"yeah i guess we can find an excuse for anything if we look hard enough.

Point being i never thought for one minute that ME would be anything to get excited for,so who exactly starts all this false hype? answer>>>marketing/advertising.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017

DMKano said:

Albatroes said:

Doing that badly?

They spent a bit shy of 100mil - they were hoping to get at least 2x-3x that in sales.

They didn't even come close, due to luke-warm reviews and ultimately luke-warm sales.

This one was a dud for EA

Oh btw they removed Denuvo I wonder if the sales will go up now or if the damage is done? https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/8/15941546/mass-effect-andromeda-denuvo-drm-removed
    DistopiaPhry
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    the game bad, would not play even if this was free
    PhryJeroKane
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    I am interested in trying the combat.

I am interested to try the sci fi atmosphere

I guess I should give it a try
    bartoni33

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• AweFooLxAweFooLx Member CommonPosts: 1
    Phry
  • Pu3uHoBa9I_JIaMaPu3uHoBa9I_JIaMa Member CommonPosts: 1

I agree with you
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    A free trial seems like it would do more harm than good.

The single player is Diet Dragon Age Inquisition (which itself was a diet Dragon Age) and the multiplayer is Diet Warframe. Just play those games instead for a better experience.
    DeadindPhry
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Nice. Now people can try it out themselves, instead of citing "it sucks" reviews from other sources.
    SBFordMrMelGibsonbartoni33Phry
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Wizardry said:

it is a good gesture and the way gaming should be handled,but this free trial is ONLY a result of a failed game.They SHOULD have done this from day 1 BEFORE release but of course they likely feared their game was not good enough.

The sad idea i read of this is "reviews"are we now accepting that a very large majority of gamer's don't think for themselves but instead just play whatever is the popular vote or the best marketing campaigns?I personally know the answer to that question as i have seen it standing in line at EB and his is largely why some games i have considered to be very average do so well.

Example Zelda,i thought was big time over rated but they paid off a lot of people to market their game as being great so others followed up on it.Crap graphics carried the "nostalgic" excuse"yeah i guess we can find an excuse for anything if we look hard enough.

Point being i never thought for one minute that ME would be anything to get excited for,so who exactly starts all this false hype? answer>>>marketing/advertising.

Wait.....which Zelda? Breath of the Wild? The Zelda game that pretty much set a new standard in open world games? That Zelda?
    BizkitNL said:

Wizardry said:

Wait.....which Zelda? Breath of the Wild? The Zelda game that pretty much set a new standard in open world games? That Zelda?
    A new standard? Breath of the Wild is a fantastic game, but a new standard would imply that it raised the bar. And let's be honest here... it's no Witcher 3. 
    Asm0deusJeroKane
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I ended up buying The Division because of a free trial and have really enjoyed.  I think free trials with no limitation other than time is a great idea.  I've been playing the ME:A free trial and it feels like a license that's been sold to another company to develop.  It just doesn't feel like the same series to me.  I'll probably buy it after the price drops some more because it's a decent game just not as fun as the first three.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Played it... enjoyed it.

It's not great but it also didn't deserve all the hate, some of which was a targeted anti-Bioware meta-bomb campaign... amazing how even at this late date we still get 1-post new accounts created here just to trash it. I guess Ethan Ralph does have his groupies lol.
    SBFordMrMelGibsonDistopiaConstantineMerusJeroKane
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited July 2017
    Iselin said:
    Played it... enjoyed it.

It's not great but it also didn't deserve all the hate, some of which was a targeted anti-Bioware meta-bomb campaign... amazing how even at this late date we still get 1-post new accounts created here just to trash it. I guess Ethan Ralph does have his groupies lol.
    100% agreed. I don't think it was the end-all, be-all and it's certainly at the low end of the ME series but I have played a lot of RPGs that are much worse than MEA. It's combat is first rate and it's been improved graphically as well. The story is somewhat lackluster but it's not horrible. I'd also challenge anyone to multiplayer and say it's not fun. It provides a lot of challenge for those who like that sort of thing.

It's apparently easy to just keep jumping the bandwagon without making a truly informed opinion.
    Octagon7711IselinMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Iselin said:
    Played it... enjoyed it.

100% agreed. I don't think it was the end-all, be-all and it's certainly at the low end of the ME series but I have played a lot of RPGs that are much worse than MEA. It's combat is first rate and it's been improved graphically as well. The story is somewhat lackluster but it's not horrible. I'd also challenge anyone to multiplayer and say it's not fun. It provides a lot of challenge for those who like that sort of thing.

It's apparently easy to just keep jumping the bandwagon without making a truly informed opinion.
    Andromeda was okay. Hardly the worst game of the year, but quite frankly the worst Mass Effect. 

The writing was poor. The story was mediocre. The crew is inferior to the traditional ME crew (though better than the new members of the ME3 crew). 

The combat and crafting are the real selling points of the game, but it just isn't enough to hold up the weak overall experience.

And I stand by my earlier comment on multiplayer. It's good, but it's just a more limited, worse, and more expensive Warframe defense mission.
    Asm0deusCaffynatedJeroKane
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    even for free.....................no
    PhryJeroKane
  • nikibishnikibish Member UncommonPosts: 44
    pre-ordered.
    regret.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Were those few hundred thousands Dollars saved on Animation worth it?
    I hope EA learns a lesson from the old Bioware management.
    If you want a quality product you don't have to watch the pennies.

SBFordJeroKane

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I'd suggest people to try it, that's what sold me on the game. It's got a lot of content once you get past the first sprawl of directed narrative. IF you like open world games it's better than a lot of them, aside from W3, Dragons Dogma and the TES series. It certainly doesn't reach those heights. Yet I've enjoyed it more than DAI as an example. The setting drew me in instantly, it feels very trekky....  
    SBFord

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Actually, it's a known and highly discussed fact that they spent 40 mln dollars (not 100) - a laughable sum for a game of that size and caliber. And nobody said money were lost and never returned. So, financially, MEA is not a failure. Not an expected cash-caw either, but this is another story.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited July 2017
    Remember when Bioware made amazing games?
    Great stories? sure KOTOR was epic as was Jade Empire. Games though? Not so much, they ranked pretty low in that department for me. Honestly thats one area they improved in since the EA takeover IMO, that progression has been slow but it's been rather steady from game to game. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    The game was certainly flawed and deserved all of the hate it got, but it wasn't bad.

It's a 6/10 game. A good concept that is deeply flawed or poorly executed. I would recommend it at $10 or less.

Honestly the shill reviews giving it 8.5 or higher ratings that it didn't deserve and rabid, mindless, unthinking fanbois raging at every criticism were worse than the game. Bioware's fans are worse than Blizzard's.