Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Gameplay Video - Headin' Out on a Bounty Hunt - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFirst Gameplay Video - Headin' Out on a Bounty Hunt - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

Wild West Online News - The Wild West Online team has sent out the very first game play video from the game that shows off an amazing looking old west world. The video features 6 minutes of game play action from the earliest moments in the world.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'll admit that it's much more than I'd expected or hoped for. I'm officially impressed.
    DistopiaTybostadrian87bvConstantineMerusJeffSpicoli

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JasonosJasonos Member UncommonPosts: 36
    edited July 2017
    Everything looks great, except animation in 3rd person, i hope they improve them. Oh and get rid of that hands in 1st person lol.
    I think i will pledge...
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    So, two points, I really can't say I have a need for a Western game. It's a genre that I have little interest in. Secondly, I generally hate PvP. 

That being said, this looks pretty cool and I'd probably play it. Also, great way to integrate grouping mechanisms! 
    [Deleted User]

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Looks great. Hope it's an open/explorable world, and not linear.
    G4NK3DJeffSpicoli
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Looks like ESO.

Looks like what ESOs Justice system should have looked like!

I'm in!
    G4NK3DAlomarOctagon7711JeffSpicoli
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Reminds me of WarZ but with a western theme.

Not that that's a bad thing. I had fun playing WarZ when it was new, before hackers took over.
    --------------------------------------------
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Going to nitpick a bit:
    NPCs in town seem to be very static, no movement at all shown in the video.
    The sound is off when the horse was galloping, but fine when the horse is trotting.

Overall though, not looking bad, and if it improves from this point on, could be a game to keep an eye on.
    Octagon7711TheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    What stands out to me is the refund policy. I sorta need a Wild West fix and cant wait until RDR2 to get it- so I might consider dropping something. My only question is how long will the first phase of alpha last? Looks good.

Excession
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2017
    It's looking good, alpha but something to look into :)
    Excession
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    edited July 2017
    faq says it will include community managed rp servers and server specific rulesets, also private servers but still online. So not necessarily pvp centric. Also includes housing. Looks promising.
    mcrippins said:
    Looks great. Hope it's an open/explorable world, and not linear.
    faq also states open world though with some instanced housing.
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Tybost said:
    What stands out to me is the refund policy. I sorta need a Wild West fix and cant wait until RDR2 to get it- so I might consider dropping something. My only question is how long will the first phase of alpha last? Looks good.

Considering the most expensive package is £60 just now, and that refund policy, it is tempting.
    TheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Refunds up until "alpha 2" starts isn't unconditional refunds. Just saying.
    --------------------------------------------
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited July 2017
    "Seems like I lost Mike, but got the bounty".  Sucks to be Mike I guess!

Looks pretty good, guess I'll have to keep an eye on it.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 2017
    Not that PotBS was very historical, but it is still going.

I found this on their FAQ page:  WWO is based on the old west of the late 1800s, early 1900s, but it's not historically correct and will not reference on any real world events.

Hopefully they'll be dedicated to the version they develop and stick to it.   If they want mostly historical (and maybe niche) great.  Stick to your guns (no pun intended :)  ) and those of us that want to play will.  As a non-Pvper I'm even interested and would be willing to go out of my comfort zone to play a good western theme game.
    Post edited by Nebless on

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

CrazKanuk said:

So, two points, I really can't say I have a need for a Western game. It's a genre that I have little interest in. Secondly, I generally hate PvP. 

That being said, this looks pretty cool and I'd probably play it. Also, great way to integrate grouping mechanisms! 

You're the kinda person I like to drink with.
    BruceYee[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks alright
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I am glad the Wild West Genre is getting some love but that game is not for me.

I knew it as soon as icons showed up all over the place in the bar telling the user what is what and who is who.

nope..
    Mikeha

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited July 2017
    Refunds up until "alpha 2" starts isn't unconditional refunds. Just saying.
    Yes it is.

There are no conditions for those refunds "up until ..."

So you don't have to make any explanations, you don't have to fight with customer service, you can just "get a refund".

There are no conditions during that time therefore it's "unconditional. Thereafter refunds will most likely have "conditions".

Unconditional doesn't mean in perpetuity.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    SEANMCAD said:
    I knew it as soon as icons showed up all over the place in the bar telling the user what is what and who is who.

From the beginning of the video, those are hidden unless you press a hotbutton key to see them.

• jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Just a word of precaution; Sergey Titov might be involved in some fashion. Much of the development so far reeks of his underhanded work. Before you throw your money at this game look him up and decide if you actually want him involved in any game you buy. Not saying he is definitely, but the chances are pretty high.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Seems to me like someone had a massive brainfart and said let's make a Wild West MMO without having the slightest clue how to make a game fun.  Definitely a very niche product.

Might be fun for a short time, but it obviously has no depth.
    Mikeha
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Ozmodan said:
    Seems to me like someone had a massive brainfart and said let's make a Wild West MMO without having the slightest clue how to make a game fun.  Definitely a very niche product.

Likely high focus on PvP.

Doing that decently well does add longevity to the game, I don't see the direction here being on PvE, even if they will add stuff to tackle in PvE players.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Ozmodan said:

What's it missing, some elves and dragons maybe?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    That's definitely a lot more than I expected to see, and it looks an awful lot better than anticipated.

For a long time I've felt like the genre needs more variety, and not just themepark versus sandbox, or PvP versus PvE, rather games with different settings. Seeing WWO Online in this condition to me, is a breath of fresh air. While I don't expect it to revolutionize anything, I think it'll be something that people who want something different, will end up at least taking a look at.

Still a lot to flesh out, and I'm not going to get up high hopes (nice not doing that much anymore, paying attention to pre-release hype) but something I'll probably keep track of, and likely give a chance come release.

Sure...it looks like it'll have a ton of PvP, and could easily devolve into a game where if you see someone, you shoot them, but....still something to keep an eye on.
    Kyleran