Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated Roadmap Details What's Next for SWL - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    simmihi said:
    k61977 said:

Don't know what game you were playing but you don't need to spend a dime buying Aurum for anything in the game.
    How about... inventory space? Bank space? Even subscribers need to spend aurum on this.
    The first few inventory upgrades are MoF actually, and you don't need a ton of inventory. The bank space I hope they'll give a similar treatment eventually.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• shore402shore402 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    the combat is still not good i like using my mouse to move i do not like being limited in how many skills i can use so i never minded the old school face roll on the keyboard i still don't know why we have to equip passives if there all now weapon and skill based you should not need to need to equip them just use the right skill with the right weapon if you got the passive unlocked it not like its the old skill wheel where we can mix and mach the passives any more it does nothing for you if you do i am one of the people who played the old SW because it had no lvs no class you made everything your self you tried every thing out you mixed and matched your skills to build your own class it was freedom that was not given in other games that peeked my interest of coarse i was bummed out at the restricted number of skills they let us have to play with but at lest in old it made since for equipping passive skills in SWL i see no point in it they should give us them spots for more active skills
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    simmihi said:
    k61977 said:

Don't know what game you were playing but you don't need to spend a dime buying Aurum for anything in the game.
    How about... inventory space? Bank space? Even subscribers need to spend aurum on this.
    The first few inventory upgrades are MoF actually, and you don't need a ton of inventory. The bank space I hope they'll give a similar treatment eventually.
    Unfortunately you will need inventory, if you plan a complete character, with a dps set, a healing set, a tanking set, multiple gadgets, and if aegis stays, aegis weapons, shields etc. and also spare talismans and weapons which you upgrade, if you plan efficient upgrading without trips to bank every few quests or dungeons. Also, a lot of missions need inventory space....

Keeping the inventory upgrades with MoF's at least for subscribers would've been a decent approach for me. Like it is now, it's extremely greedy: 800 aurum for bank's first upgrade, 400 aurum for 5 inventory slots... meh. Disgusting double-dipping with subscription and convenience + direct power sales in shop.
    [Deleted User]
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    simmihi said:
    k61977 said:

Nope I am a subscriber and I haven't spent a dime on those at all.  Even if you want more space you can convert your marks of favor to aurum over time and buy them if you need the extra space.  No point holding on to talismans or weapons unless you have spent time upgrading them.  Use them to upgrade whenever you get them or sell them for marks.  After I got the three pip weapon I wanted I sold all other 3 pip drops for marks.  I stay around 100k marks now, all you have to do is the challenges every day and you will see the marks go up and up.
    Excession
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    shore402 said:
    the combat is still not good i like using my mouse to move i do not like being limited in how many skills i can use so i never minded the old school face roll on the keyboard i still don't know why we have to equip passives if there all now weapon and skill based you should not need to need to equip them just use the right skill with the right weapon if you got the passive unlocked it not like its the old skill wheel where we can mix and mach the passives any more it does nothing for you if you do i am one of the people who played the old SW because it had no lvs no class you made everything your self you tried every thing out you mixed and matched your skills to build your own class it was freedom that was not given in other games that peeked my interest of coarse i was bummed out at the restricted number of skills they let us have to play with but at lest in old it made since for equipping passive skills in SWL i see no point in it they should give us them spots for more active skills
    As far as the mouse to move that is a personal preference which I hate in MMO's.  I don't want to have to click to move myself, so I would disagree with you on that part.  Nothing worse than trying to do something than make a click by accident and all the sudden you are dead because you moved.  The passives make perfect sense to me.  There are different passives that work with different skills.  For each skill you have slotted there is a passive that will change the way the skill works if you equip it.  The other passives that are not skill related work all the time so don't know what you were talking about other than the skill ones.  You still mix skills to make your own class, and to be honest the skill wheel is still there it just looks different, instead of a wheel you have 3 tiers to unlock instead.  They did do away with a lot of lower skills that most people didn't use anyway because they were redundant or the damage was to low.   I am an older player that likes having access to more skills myself also but to be honest 99% of the time all those bars of skills just sit there not being used.  The way the game is set up now you really don't need more than 6 skills though to be honest.
    MrMelGibson
  • Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133

I don't understand why people think this is a good thing (what Funcom changed). The original game did need some work but this is way worse as it is clearly a pay to win system with limit on game play worse then the labor system in Arheage. for example You have if I'm correct 8 keys to use on  loot cases in dungeons every 8 hours if you sub after your 8 keys are gone then what if your maxed lvl.? if you sub you still need to spend money on bank space..inventory  space and item skill ups for your weapons and talis. you can use aurum for sp and ap points so really no need to do quest,

the combat system just has a new ui with less skills and less buttons. one more thing if you make a new toon then what you spent on one toon you have to spend again as each chacater is on a different account signed into the same account really is confusing some of the choices they made in this release.

the monetization decisions in tswl are just mindblowing the amount they screw over the comsumer and most people think its ok.

Azaron_Nightblade

I don't understand why people think this is a good thing (what Funcom changed). The original game did need some work but this is way worse as it is clearly a pay to win system with limit on game play worse then the labor system in Arheage. for example You have if I'm correct 8 keys to use on  loot cases in dungeons every 8 hours if you sub after your 8 keys are gone then what if your maxed lvl.? if you sub you still need to spend money on bank space..inventory  space and item skill ups for your weapons and talis. you can use aurum for sp and ap points so really no need to do quest,

the combat system just has a new ui with less skills and less buttons. one more thing if you make a new toon then what you spent on one toon you have to spend again as each chacater is on a different account signed into the same account really is confusing some of the choices they made in this release.

the monetization decisions in tswl are just mindblowing the amount they screw over the comsumer and most people think its ok.

The original TSW had AP/SP injectors for sale as well. Also, most people couldn't give a rat's ass about what someone else is doing with their time and money. If some guy wants to skip all the content by dropping $10k or some other ridiculous amount to go straight to raiding... by all means, be my guest. I'll play the game my way, and I'll still be enjoying it when he burns out after a week or two of raiding.

What exactly is he winning by doing that? The sucker of the year award? xD
    LacedOpiumMrMelGibsonExcession

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

edited July 2017
    k61977 said:
    simmihi said:
    k61977 said:

Nope I am a subscriber and I haven't spent a dime on those at all.  Even if you want more space you can convert your marks of favor to aurum over time and buy them if you need the extra space.  No point holding on to talismans or weapons unless you have spent time upgrading them.  Use them to upgrade whenever you get them or sell them for marks.  After I got the three pip weapon I wanted I sold all other 3 pip drops for marks.  I stay around 100k marks now, all you have to do is the challenges every day and you will see the marks go up and up.
    The original point was "you don't actually need aurum for anything useful", not how to obtain it playing forex simulator (which not everyone likes/has time for in a MMO)
    There were times when a subscription was enough to fully experience a game, without having to play the market for premium currency, that's the point. Many of us don't like the chinese whale-hunting MMO approach. Your 100k marks won't be enough for even the first bank upgrade. Meh, you'll see in 2 months.
    Post edited by simmihi on
    The original TSW had AP/SP injectors for sale as well. Also, most people couldn't give a rat's ass about what someone else is doing with their time and money. If some guy wants to skip all the content by dropping $10k or some other ridiculous amount to go straight to raiding... by all means, be my guest. I'll play the game my way, and I'll still be enjoying it when he burns out after a week or two of raiding.

There were no passive stat boosting "skills" in the original game. The AP/SP injectors which you could use for extra skills are not the same as being able to obtain max lvl epic gear from day 1. Watch the Agartha chat, reminds me of Stormwind, looking for people with itemlevel at least X. More and more people are asking for damage counter add-ons. It's slowly turning into some crap that I've played and I don't want to play again.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

There are several things that have been updated, which many prefer. The combat is much smoother than the original, for example. The character advancement system is more streamlined. Though this does remove some of the nuance of character design, it makes the system less daunting to new players that may have been put off by the wheel.

Inventory space only fills up if you don't enhance your weapons as you go, This is one of the least demanding games on inventory I have played, frankly. Bank space is commonly sold in games that include a f2p option, so this isn't something unusual.

That you can spend aurum to improve some character aspects certainly hasn't prevented players from playing and enjoying the game, as would have been obvious to anyone actually playing the game. Players are questing aplenty.

The combat system has been changed a good deal. moving to much more fluid style of game-play than before.It is common for many action MMOs to have less buttons available compared to tab targeting ones. as it is more suited to the action style of play. Keeping the same number of buttons as in the past would likely have been more detrimental to play than beneficial.

I have several characters, all on the same account, so your claim each character needs a separate account is either a misunderstanding on your part, or an outright lie.

I've played many f2p titles, and the costs for things in this game are nowhere near as outrageous you suggest, being well within the norm for games that offer a f2p option.

Your critique doesn't match the reality of the game well, and suggests you either have little accurate knowledge of the game, or are intentionally misrepresenting it.
    Azaron_NightbladeMrMelGibson
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited July 2017
    simmihi said:

There were no passive stat boosting "skills" in the original game. The AP/SP injectors which you could use for extra skills are not the same as being able to obtain max lvl epic gear from day 1. Watch the Agartha chat, reminds me of Stormwind, looking for people with itemlevel at least X. More and more people are asking for damage counter add-ons. It's slowly turning into some crap that I've played and I don't want to play again.

Why quote the man and then ignore the main point of his post?  I'll even copy/paste it for you since its worth repeating ...

"Also, most people couldn't give a rat's ass about what someone else is doing with their time and money. If some guy wants to skip all the content by dropping $10k or some other ridiculous amount to go straight to raiding... by all means, be my guest. I'll play the game my way, and I'll still be enjoying it when he burns out after a week or two of raiding."

Regarding your post, it would do you well to ignore the min/maxing elitist.  Let them be.  They attract their own.  There will be plenty of F2P players to play with via the dungeon group finder who are not min/maxing elitist who will be happy to group with you.  You may even find yourself having more fun since you wont have to play as if your life depended on it.  If you find this unacceptable, you can also join a cabal comprised of like-minded players and run your dungeons and raids with them.  

As far as the F2P montization business model is concerned, you can save the money you would have spent on a monthly subscription and DLC's and buy yourself a stipend of aurum every month to do with as you wish.  There are ways around everything you just have to put a little thought to it.  

Azaron_Nightblade
    simmihi said:

Why quote the man and then ignore the main point of his post?  I'll even copy/paste it for you since its worth repeating ...

"Also, most people couldn't give a rat's ass about what someone else is doing with their time and money. If some guy wants to skip all the content by dropping $10k or some other ridiculous amount to go straight to raiding... by all means, be my guest. I'll play the game my way, and I'll still be enjoying it when he burns out after a week or two of raiding."

Regarding your post, iIt would do you well to ignore the min/maxing elitist.  Let them be, they attract their own.  There will be plenty of F2P players via the dungeon group finder who are not min/maxing elitist who will be happy to group with you.  You may even find yourself having more fun since you wont have to play as if your life depended on it.  This can also be avoided by joining a cabal comprised of like-minded players.  

There are ways around everything you just have to put a little thought to it.  Heck, you can even save the money you would have been paying on your monthly subscription and DLC's and buy yourself a monthly stipend of aurum to do with as you wish.

I did not ignore the "main part" of the post, I just had no comments on that, because 1) it's a personal, probably impossible to prove guess regarding what "most people" think, and 2) it points to "raiding", which is not in the game, and won't be for a long time (what, manhattan raid, 1 boss, not even in the game yet?). I had a nice good family cabal, most of them left because of the changes.

I paid for 2 lifetime subs, i think i gave them enough of my money not to have to find "ways around everything". Now i have to buy bloody inventory space once again, for real money. Yes I know, glass half empty, all the white knights tell me that this change was actually extraordinary for me.

FUNCOM took the game we loved and turned into this, ignoring what the game actually needed and what all the dedicated players who supported the game until then asked for (we waited and waited, FUNCOM kept us with many many promises). They removed any thinking regarding character development, so that ..."simple" people who were "turned off by the complexity of the wheel" could play it too... they offer now... what was that term... a "streamlined experience", yeah, so they can milk the whales and the people who jump from game to game for 1-2 months.

I'm sorry, but for me, the fact that combat feels a bit better does not cover all the negatives. I'm not looking to turn this into a fight, I'm just asking to see things from my perspective too, in a honest way.
    Po_gg
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I've got to say that my interest in SWL has waned significantly and I'm not even in Egypt yet. I don't really know what it is. It may be that the weapon ability mixes are just uninteresting or that the mob density makes exploring feel more like a grindy chore, or that the loot drops are very meh or that the dungeons feel a-social and are limited... or maybe all of those.

All I know is that I've gone back to spending most of my time in ESO where I feel like I can choose to do many more different things whenever I log in.
    MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

I think many of us are missing the trees for the forest when it comes to SWL.  The strength of SWL lies in its story telling.  It is an interactive story telling MMORPG.  In that regard it stands alone as a work of notable art above all others.  No other MMORPG does it better.  And while it does have combat and bits of other features notable of the MMORPG genre, its game play makes it clearly apparent that these are only secondary features, and only present to advance its story telling, which again, is truly exemplary and the main focus of the game.

We, as gamers, fall into many different categories with varied game play preferences.  Which is fine until we begin to dismiss the rich variety of our games and proceed to compare them with each other, tearing them down publicly, simply because they do not comply with our preferential ideals in gaming.  Instead of comparing and criticizing SWL to the other hundreds of like-minded MMORPGs that all revolve around the same combat-centric game play model, SWL should be lauded and celebrated for its unique standing in the MMORPG genre.  

We have lost many games in the past, Ie., SWG, Matrix Online, CoH, etc., because we did not support them in their uniqueness, only to regret it when they are gone.  Rest assured that the same would be said about SWL should it fall by the way side like so many before it.  We always complain about how all MMORPGs are the same and how no one does anything different.  Yet when a developer attempts to do something different, we criticize them to oblivion, comparing them to the hundreds of like-minded MMORPG clones.  As consumers in the gaming industry we should be willingly accepting a richness in game play variety that games like SWL provide for us. Failing to do so will only guarantee that developers will shy away from venturing, and continue to give us the same old garbage that we have been getting to this point.

If for nothing else, SWL is worth supporting for the diversity it brings to the industry with its unique world setting and outstanding cinematic story telling.  Our positive input and support, or the lack there of, drives the MMO industry.  By continually criticizing and comparing every game that doesn't meet our own individual narrow preferences in gaming we inadvertently stifle progress in the MMORPG industry. This is a negative culture that has been bred and nurtured in the gaming community for far too long and it needs to change.  Be careful of what you ask for. Rest assured, we will continue to see failure and stagnation in the MMORPG industry until it does.

QSatu[Deleted User]Azaron_Nightblade
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited July 2017

I think many of us are missing the trees for the forest when it comes to SWL.  The strength of SWL lies in its story telling.  It is an interactive story telling MMORPG.  In that regard it stands alone as a work of notable art above all others.  No other MMORPG does it better.
    I'm totally confused. I feel you keep mixing up the letters... because if I swap all your SWL to TSW, the post becomes suddenly lucid :wink:
    TSW stands alone as a work of notable art above all others, and not Legends. (and not alone, LotRO is just as good in the narratives)
    Instead of comparing and criticizing SWL to the other hundreds of like-minded MMORPGs that all revolve around the same combat-centric game play model, SWL should be lauded and celebrated for its unique standing in the MMORPG genre. 
    Where were you in the past 5 years, while we said the very same? Oh, yeah, in the camp of "TSW combat suxx, change that, because all those other combat-centric games do it much better and combat is the king"  :sunglasses:
    We have lost many games in the past, Ie., SWG, Matrix Online, CoH, etc.,
    You can add TSW to that list as well, thanks to you people.
    As consumers in the gaming industry we should be willingly accepting a richness in game play variety that games like SWL provide for us. Failing to do so will only guarantee that developers will shy away from venturing, and continue to give us the same old garbage that we have been getting to this point.
    Richness in Legends, that's rich :wink:  TSW provided the richness and variety, and SWL is the same old garbage you get after developers were shy away from TSW.
    If for nothing else, SWL is worth supporting for the diversity it brings to the industry with its unique world setting and outstanding cinematic story telling.
    Legends brings nothing to the industy, just what TSW already brought 5 years ago - actually Legends even wreck that too, and messing with the cohesiveness of the lore and the story...

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a flying f.ck whether Legends flops or not. But putting it on the paragon pedestal in your Museum as the most awesomeness since sliced bread, while totally ignoring TSW, is just laughable.
    simmihi
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Po_gg said:

I think many of us are missing the trees for the forest when it comes to SWL.  The strength of SWL lies in its story telling.  It is an interactive story telling MMORPG.  In that regard it stands alone as a work of notable art above all others.  No other MMORPG does it better.
    I'm totally confused. I feel you keep mixing up the letters... because if I swap all your SWL to TSW, the post becomes suddenly lucid :wink:
    TSW stands alone as a work of notable art above all others, and not Legends. (and not alone, LotRO is just as good in the narratives)
    Instead of comparing and criticizing SWL to the other hundreds of like-minded MMORPGs that all revolve around the same combat-centric game play model, SWL should be lauded and celebrated for its unique standing in the MMORPG genre. 
    Where were you in the past 5 years, while we said the very same? Oh, yeah, in the camp of "TSW combat suxx, change that, because all those other combat-centric games do it much better and combat is the king"  :sunglasses:
    We have lost many games in the past, Ie., SWG, Matrix Online, CoH, etc.,
    You can add TSW to that list as well, thanks to you people.
    As consumers in the gaming industry we should be willingly accepting a richness in game play variety that games like SWL provide for us. Failing to do so will only guarantee that developers will shy away from venturing, and continue to give us the same old garbage that we have been getting to this point.
    Richness in Legends, that's rich :wink:  TSW provided the richness and variety, and SWL is the same old garbage you get after developers were shy away from TSW.
    If for nothing else, SWL is worth supporting for the diversity it brings to the industry with its unique world setting and outstanding cinematic story telling.
    Legends brings nothing to the industy, just what TSW already brought 5 years ago - actually Legends even wreck that too, and messing with the cohesiveness of the lore and the story...

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a flying f.ck whether Legends flops or not. But putting it on the paragon pedestal in your Museum as the most awesomeness since sliced bread, while totally ignoring TSW, is just laughable.
    You are like that one guy, who never leaves Agartha, just stays there talking shit about how much better TSW was, and how its not fair that Funcom did not transfer over everything they paid for in TSW to SWL.

All the while completely ignoring the fact that TSW is still up and running, and they can log in and play anytime they want, and have all the stuff they already unlocked/paid for.

If you prefer TSW, great, go play it, if you dont like SWL, fine, dont play it.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

edited July 2017
    Excession said:
    In case you missed something, I do play it, but there will be a time in the very close future when I won't be able to do it anymore- and mostly because of  you Legends-praising people...

Plus, I fail to see how that (going personal) is an answer to the above :smiley:

TSW was a unique game in a lot of aspect. The very same voices like above trashed it for years because of that. Too hard, too complex, too many options, too many skills, you name it.
    Now that Funcom has gutted most of that uniqueness, left only the storytelling in and replaced everything else to the bland and generic MMO standard (and even dumbed down the story and lore, just look at the shortened and streamlined missions, the "visual tracking aid" bullshit, etc.), suddenly the very same people start yelling that it's now unique and worth saving?

How would it be unique, it's just a watered-up residue, a mere shadow of TSW... but of course there's not a word about that, it's like the fight club, they never talk about TSW.
    And your only answer to that is "go play TSW then". Spot on, champ.

edit: sorry about the off, go back to discussing the roadmap, but that post above you was simply too ignorant and lop-sided.
    edited July 2017
    Po_gg said:
    Excession said:
    In case you missed something, I do play it, but there will be a time in the very close future when I won't be able to do it anymore- and mostly because of  you Legends-praising people...

Plus, I fail to see how that (going personal) is an answer to the above :smiley:

TSW was a unique game in a lot of aspect. The very same voices like above trashed it for years because of that. Too hard, too complex, too many options, too many skills, you name it.
    Now that Funcom has gutted most of that uniqueness, left only the storytelling in and replaced everything else to the bland and generic MMO standard (and even dumbed down the story and lore, just look at the shortened and streamlined missions, the "visual tracking aid" bullshit, etc.), suddenly the very same people start yelling that it's now unique and worth saving?

How would it be unique, it's just a watered-up residue, a mere shadow of TSW... but of course there's not a word about that, it's like the fight club, they never talk about TSW.
    And your only answer to that is "go play TSW then". Spot on, champ.

edit: sorry about the off, go back to discussing the roadmap, but that post above you was simply too ignorant and lop-sided.

You are so consumed with your vengeful vitriol of a game that you are supposedly a fan of, that you cut off your nose to spite your face.  Do you not realize that the game was slated for death if there were no changes made to it?

I will leave you with this, best said by John Donne ...

"Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that.

Torval said:
    simmihi said:

Playing min-max is valid. There's no reason to knock it. I see a lot of theorycrafting in #sanctuary and I've had some great advice, and my dungeon runs have been friendly. I went in with a bad build in Hell Raised and pretty much got carried the first time and people were still nice to me. I fixed my build and the next few runs went much better as I made refinements.

I'm in Savage Coast. Maybe people get bitchier as you get towards end game. I hope that's not the case, but I'll deal with that when I get there. So far it's been a nice bunch of people to game with.
    People always get bitchier towards the end game, and the original TSW was no exception there. Hell, it was a huge part of why the original Sanctuary channel was created. PuGs in Agartha pretty much demanded that you have better gear than the content you're about to do, to take you along.

Neverwinter Online's community did it a lot too, as do some other MMO communities out there I'm sure. It was all about getting their daily/weekly rewards with as little effort as possible. It's good to hear SWL's incarnation of Sanctuary still has nice people in it. :D
    [Deleted User]Po_gg

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    edited July 2017
    Without a doubt my favorite Morpg to date (the Hive leader suggest we drop that extra M) It may not have the massive feeling of being in the same world with millions of people as i'd like it to be, but it's a great turn of events for Funcom and this magical masterwork.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
    edited July 2017
    You are so consumed with your vengeful vitriol of a game that you are supposedly a fan of, that you cut off your nose to spite your face.  Do you not realize that the game was slated for death if there were no changes made to it?
    Ah, I knew the name was familiar, you were the one who kept repeating that BS for months, even after FC acknowledged (twice) that TSW was fine, just as the numbers stated :lol:

In case you missed your memo (look it up, maybe the fanboy-filter dropped it into the spam folder) FC themselves used that BS only once, and when it burnt on them they switched onto "reaching a wider audience" and "making the game more accessible". Your dumb version of "TSW was on the death row and they saved it for you all with Legends" is only exists in alt-facts land now.

And again, how does it (going personal) change the irony of the situation I posted about? :smiley: There was a unique game, trashed for years, it got dumbed down to your level, and suddenly now you grab the pitchfork and write a long praise about its awesomesauce uniqueness... :sunglasses:
    Illumination is fine and everything, just don't you think that maybe you are quite late for the party?

To be more on-topic, checked the schedule (I know, my bad, posting without reading the OP, but I just jumped in because of that dumb praise abour Legends' uniqueness), and it's a bit odd.
    I know they don't really like to work, one of the reasons they've tossed TSW and the whole community on the roulette table is to have more than a year without actual work :wink:
    But they said the rest of the content will be added weeks after launch, and that schedule already says 3 months till Issue 11... also said Season 2 at the end of the year, and now it is an added " / early 2018".
    And maybe even later, since there's the first mention of the agent system too, which sounds like Neverwinter's companions (and they said they took a lot of inspiration from Neverwinter). Well, last time they dropped in a "filler" grind before a content drop, the Scenarios before Tokyo, that in practice ment several months of delay...

The seasonal events are a bit odd as well, since it mentions only one (Cat God, Issue 3) while TSW had a lot more, so the content is already there... maybe they don't want to overload people like the above with too much uniqueness at once :smiley:

People always get bitchier towards the end game, and the original TSW was no exception there. Hell, it was a huge part of why the original Sanctuary channel was created. 
    Yep, luckily the elitists moved away to other games after the first year. I'm pretty sure that fact helped a lot in the forming the great community the game had.

Neverwinter was fun too at launch (minus Caturday :wink: ), nowadays I only go back for short plays so don't really know how's the elitist situation there. Back at launch, at the endgame, they were swarming sadly.
    Po_gg said:

People always get bitchier towards the end game, and the original TSW was no exception there. Hell, it was a huge part of why the original Sanctuary channel was created. 
    Yep, luckily the elitists moved away to other games after the first year. I'm pretty sure that fact helped a lot in the forming the great community the game had.

Neverwinter was fun too at launch (minus Caturday :wink: ), nowadays I only go back for short plays so don't really know how's the elitist situation there. Back at launch, at the endgame, they were swarming sadly.
    Hah, I remember Caturday, and all of our Astral coins or whatever they were called, being wrecked. xD

As for NWO, I don't think that community's ever going to get better, and the devs are to blame for it. The biggest problem is that the dungeon rewards directly translate into money (AD, which converts into Zen), which breeds a mentality among those players that nothing else matters than maximizing that reward each day.

It's the game where ninja looting is the standard rather than the exception, because they can break down the purple gear for AD. So fuck anyone who's actually trying to gear through dungeons. :D

edited July 2017
    The biggest problem is that the dungeon rewards directly translate into money (AD, which converts into Zen), which breeds a mentality among those players that nothing else matters than maximizing that reward each day.
    Yep, Neverwinter was always the ugly duckling in their stable, especially monetization-wise... you can easily tell that it was developed mostly under PWE (as opposed to the more user-friendly mechanics of CO and STO).

When they added chest keys I've said it's a stupid mechanic and has no place in a (non-eastern) game - well, now Funcom took that mechanic over while they seeked ideas for skimming their new target audience :wink:  alongside the daily capped currency, and the Exchange, etc.

I guess in the long run those will lure in the usual "reward maximizing" attitude as well, since that's only natural when you set up limits...
    (still not as dumb as AA's labor points were, that remains there as an unbeatable high peak of stupidity :lol: )
    edited July 2017
    Torval said:
    simmihi said:

Playing min-max is valid. There's no reason to knock it. I see a lot of theorycrafting in #sanctuary and I've had some great advice, and my dungeon runs have been friendly. I went in with a bad build in Hell Raised and pretty much got carried the first time and people were still nice to me. I fixed my build and the next few runs went much better as I made refinements.

I'm in Savage Coast. Maybe people get bitchier as you get towards end game. I hope that's not the case, but I'll deal with that when I get there. So far it's been a nice bunch of people to game with.
    I would probably be in your boat if i were in savage coast, still entertained by the story, still discovering. I did all that content multiple times, I know all the quests. For me, the fun was in the wheel, in playing with my friends and, when they were not online, with others from an awesome community.

I've played Anarchy Online for 3 years after getting the absolute best gear I could ever get on my character, just because of the community, the twinking, the systems, and was happy that, after a bumpy start, I've found that again in TSW. I lost both of those things now (well, the community probably will get better, I expect elitists to leave soon, after raging about the lack of raids etc). It's not gonna ever be the same, with loot boxes and keys and currency exchange etc, it's gonna probably turn closer to neverwinter than to what it was.

You know, when you have that gut feeling... hard to explain, but I'll try: I know the game, I know what SW can offer. Many of the "good people" left with the changes, and many of you new people will leave in 2 months maximum. Enjoy the story mate, maybe time will prove me wrong.