Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst lag ever

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
The forums are ablaze now with people from all over the world complaining about lag and disconnects. Probably ZOS on holiday. It's literally unplayable for me. Probably 70% of people in different guild chats were also affected. Some people said they were fine. 

I wonder ZOS is under ddos attack. Anyone else here having problems? Any word from ZOS yet?

[Deleted User]

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    PC NA. Not sure about the other servers.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It has been almost totally unplayable for 2 or 3 days: frequent disconnects, recurring lag spikes of 999+ all day long even in solo instances. I have never seen it this bad in 3 years.
    d_20Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Weird was fine when I was playing it maybe they are under a DDOS or something.
    Renoaku said:
    Some people in guild chat said they were fine too. I envy you.

d_20 said:
    Renoaku said:
    I thought it might be a problem somewhere along the route but people having issues seem to be anywhere in NA. I'm in the NW and my connection has typically been ~ 90 for all 3+ years I've played it... not the past 3 days. It fluctuates badly and constantly between that 90 and 999+
    d_20
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SweetToeSweetToe Member UncommonPosts: 3
    EU smooth as f***
    RexKushman
    SweetToe said:
    EU smooth as f***
    According to what people are saying on the forums, not for everyone.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Iselin said:
    d_20 said:
    Renoaku said:
    I thought it might be a problem somewhere along the route but people having issues seem to be anywhere in NA. I'm in the NW and my connection has typically been ~ 90 for all 3+ years I've played it... not the past 3 days. It fluctuates badly and constantly between that 90 and 999+
    Im in the NW as well. Zero issues.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Lag has always been an issue in AVA,among other technical glitches. I saw a video about Cyrodiil yesterday but the video maker refused to make it in Cyrodiil.Too much lag.
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    I connect from Texas and having  played on and off on both servers for over a year I have found the the EU server is the smoothest and that's the one reason I choose to have as my main server.
    It was smooth yesterday for me when there weren't many people on (I'm in GMT +9) but started getting laggy again when the it was morning on the US and the server started getting crowded again. People in guild chat started noticing it as well. We have people all over the world. It seems like huge crowds playing this holiday.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Did Zenimax officially acknowledge the problem?
    If even @Torval is complaining, it must be serious shit.

[Deleted User]

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Do a /reloadui from time to time .. it helps.
    ste2000 said:
    Did Zenimax officially acknowledge the problem?
    If even @Torval is complaining, it must be serious shit.

No there's no official acknowledgement. It's a 4-day weekend for most people in the US. The devs are all busy at their BBQs or blowing themselves up with fireworks.

There have literally been hundreds of threads in the ESO forums and reddit about it.

Someone is trying to consolidate it in this one thread which is probably the one where a hungover dev might respond sometime tomorrow:  https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357291/unplayable-lag-master-thread-please-share-your-details#latest

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've been on for a little over an hour and so far no problems.  NA server.  So maybe localized to a certain area, perhaps.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey