Any advice for a new tank (FF14)

YashaXYashaX Baldurs GateMember RarePosts: 2,010
Any advice on tanking in FF14 (class/gear/etc)? I have only played the game briefly in the past, but I want to get into it properly and do a lot of group content. I created a marauder, but from what I can gather I have to level other classes as well to get cross class skills. Is there any recommended path for how to go about that to create a kick ass tank? Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus UtrechtMember RarePosts: 2,051
    Dont need to lvl other classes anymore for crossskills.

Found those images on reddit. In search you can find more tank guides or just ask it on ffxiv reddit.
    NycteliosYashaX

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Harrisburg, PAMember UncommonPosts: 209
    Join a free company (this game's version of a guild).  Do instances with guildmates.
    YashaX
  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,257
    Also... Train healers by agroing as much as you can as fast as you can so they'll be ready to face Trials EX in the future! 

Make the game a better place, 1 wipe at time.
    Psym0n

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • YashaXYashaX Baldurs GateMember RarePosts: 2,010
    That was a good info graphic, thanks. Are there any crafts I should pick up as a tank? Also, now that cross-class skills are no longer a thing, is there any point to leveling other classes?
  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,257
    YashaX said:
    That was a good info graphic, thanks. Are there any crafts I should pick up as a tank? Also, now that cross-class skills are no longer a thing, is there any point to leveling other classes?
    Jobs, get the ones you'll use, like armorsmith.

You can level other jobs to know better their mechanics or if you feel like playing something else for a change.
    YashaX

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102