Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is MMORPG.com your main MMO site?

mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
If not, which ones and why?  Please no 'I don't consider this an MMO site' nonsense.  Is it your second or third.  I'm just curious.  I primarily use this site because it pretty much has everything I need.

I self identify as a monkey.

MrMelGibson

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    This and massivelyop.com. Links in articles send me elsewhere. Otherwise the actual forums of games in development I care about. Typically for news as I rarely post in them. Perhaps unlike many of the bulk posters here I read about 20 threads to every 1 I post in.

You stay sassy!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    There's others?
    MrMelGibsondeniterPhry[Deleted User]Tenohira

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    This is my primary site for sure.  I visit a couple other gaming sites (including gamespace).  But If I only have time to check one thing I come here.
    KyleranGrakulen
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yeah. Warts and all, it has always been the best place to discuss both MMOs and those other things @nariusseldon calls MMOs.
    MrMelGibsonKyleranPhaserlightPhryGrakulen
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Tamanous said:
    This and massivelyop.com. Links in articles send me elsewhere. Otherwise the actual forums of games in development I care about. Typically for news as I rarely post in them. Perhaps unlike many of the bulk posters here I read about 20 threads to every 1 I post in.
    Same here.I visit REDDIT(game name) to discuss specific games on occasion.
    Grakulen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    In my opinion, this site is the least likely to bend over for a developer and give a terrible game a good review.  Now I still have an issue with this site giving 85% of games a 6.8 rating (+ or - 1) but that is a small price to pay for the least biased news/updates in the MMO world.

I dont even look at other sites like Massively or PCGamer anymore.  Too many "rainbows and butterfly" stories/reviews on those sites.  They also use the word "potential" way too much for my taste.  Seriously, what game does NOT have potential?  I am so tired of seeing that word used to justify poor game mechanics and terrible coding.
    LucienRene
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Well first, despite the name, it is not JUST an MMO site. So saying anyone stating a fact is spouting nonsense, is pretty much nonsense.

On to your question.

Much like (some) others, I check in here frequently and I post rarely. I have been a member since 2004 and I have less than 800 posts. I usually just come here to see what discussions are going on and if I have anything relevant to add (or if feeling cheeky, irrelevant). Or just see what the usual suspects are up to.

As far as solid information, I prefer specific Reddit, or just generally logging into games and forming my own opinion.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Yes, i have lurked on this site for like 5-6 years. Lol. Haven't posted till lately, but yea, i trust the writers more here than other game sites, and the forum is active, lots of opinions and trolls at times, but interesting non the less.

I like Reddit too though, and other random places, i just lurk here much more. Of course when busy with a game and enjoying or leaning about it, i don't chat as much.. too busy playing. xD
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    I have a 12 gaming site rotation, of which, this site is one of them.
    Makes sense, mirrors your daily game rotation.

Me of course, just like my gaming, there really can be only "one"

;)
    PhaserlightMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Yes, it's my main. 

I come here primarily for the forums - outside of official game forums I have found this to be the best place online for discussing MMORPGs, even if some people here don't know what an MMO is. However, this site isn't all that good for news or reviews. 

So, my secondary site is Massively OP. The news / reviews etc are much better presented and easier to read and they post far more regularly. However, no forums. I might spend an hour a day lurking on these forums, having fun discussions with people, but it only takes me 15 minutes to catch up on the relevant news on MOP. 

If / when I start playing another MMO, I will probably ditch both sites just to focus on the official game forums. Not much point looking around and discussing design ideas if I've already found a home. 
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    edited June 2017
    I have been on this site a while... my main site for MMO news. 

Edit: Just realized it is my 10 year, this month... so very nice..
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Yeah, this site is the only one for gaming I go to.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2017
    This is the only site where i post comments but i visit many mmo sites.

I have a sheet of paper full of accounts for PC mmos and game launchers(which is sickening enough), so if i have to fill up another page with forum/site accounts i'd rather just quit the internet.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    My main site. 
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Hatefull said:
    Well first, despite the name, it is not JUST an MMO site. So saying anyone stating a fact is spouting nonsense, is pretty much nonsense.

On to your question.

Much like (some) others, I check in here frequently and I post rarely. I have been a member since 2004 and I have less than 800 posts. I usually just come here to see what discussions are going on and if I have anything relevant to add (or if feeling cheeky, irrelevant). Or just see what the usual suspects are up to.

As far as solid information, I prefer specific Reddit, or just generally logging into games and forming my own opinion.
    I wasn't referring to people who acknowledge this site for s more than an mmo site.  It was intended for the minority who pop up and say it isn't really an mmo site anymore and rail against the fact that it has broadened it's scope.
    LucienRene

I self identify as a monkey.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Besides official sites/Forums.

This is it for me.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    The only besides a few for a specific game.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Youtube alone is light years beyond anything this site has to offer. I read the forums and some articles but if I want to find out about a game youtube is my go to.

This site offers very little information of substance.

Mainly it's sifting through sponsored/clickbait while watching ads for any crap game that will give them money.

Most of the actual information and insight comes from other posters.

Your still way better off typing the game name into youtube or google.
    Octagon7711SBFordMrMelGibsonLovedExploiterMikeha

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    mmorpg.com and I have been going steady for quite a while now ;) 
    SBFord

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Nilden said:
    Youtube alone is light years beyond anything this site has to offer. I read the forums and some articles but if I want to find out about a game youtube is my go to.

This site offers very little information of substance.

Mainly it's sifting through sponsored/clickbait while watching ads for any crap game that will give them money.

Most of the actual information and insight comes from other posters.

Your still way better off typing the game name into youtube or google.
    yeah.

The next 'big thing' I think 'internet 3.0' we might say is curation.

I need someone to go thru youtube etc and find the games I like (or am likely to like) in all fairness the algorithms do a very good job though on their own so many I am wrong, maybe internet 3.0 is 'holly blaz the robots already won and I have no job'
    Octagon7711

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This would be my main.  Just as some others have said I do go to YouTube a lot for game reviews, throughways, cutscene movies, and other things.  Probably the only reason YT isn't my main site is I use it for more then gaming and I view it mostly on a Roku which makes posting difficult.  Used GameSpot a long time ago but if you stay away for awhile you can't post at first. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    for the most part. Go to massively a few times to see if there are any stories not covered here.
    Grakulen
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GavyneGavyne Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I come here when I'm bored to browse the forums, that's about it.
    LucienReneGrakulen

Played: EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-LOTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO-BDO
    Waiting For: CU & Vanilla WoW

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Yes, my favorite place to trash talk Star Citizen.
    SBFord[Deleted User]rodingo