Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there no way to tie a preexisting funcom account to SWL?

DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
Title says it all really, MY AOC account page has an option to add every single funcom game but SWL, even Dreamfall and the longest journey. Yet no option for SWL. Not a big deal really I already created a new SWL account (2 actually), I'd just like to keep it all in one place if possible.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Comments

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I had a similar problem last week. I hadn't played TSW for some years and found I could no longer log into that account with the original username and password. On the other hand, I could log into my AOC account, which has a different username and password and could see all my TSW details from there but there was nothing to link my TSW account to SWL.

I raised a ticket with Funcom support asking whether I should be using my AOC details for SWL and they said no. They said they would fix my TSW login for me, which they did the same day and then I was able to download the early start and link my TSW and SWL accounts.
    Distopia[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonKyleran
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for the reply, I just find it odd when I tried to use my old login info for a new account, it said it was already in use.  Yet logging into SWL with it says "invalid". I can login fine on funcom's main site. It still registers a AOC account, a AO account, as well as the original TSW beta. 

Like I said no big deal though I'll just stick with the new account rather than bothering with it. 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I think they had a notice that stated you would have had to log into your TSW account within a certain time period in order for it to carry over to SWL.  Failing that they probably updated it for you.  It was awhile ago so I could have been wrong.
    Distopia

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Nope, it has nothing to do with that period, Octa, it's simply how FC set up the Legends accounts, they simply copied over the TSW part into a new one before launch. Which resulted the funny state Distopia described in OP, there's your FC account with all their games, and there's a separate Legends account - fine for me, since I don't like Legends :wink:

Maybe after they close TSW they will put back Legends into its place under your FC accounts. The copy also had the side-effect that now in Legends your account credentials are the same as your gaming login. (Not a big deal for many I guess, but I like to keep them separated... maybe I've played too much TSW and am now paranoid :sunglasses: )
    Distopia[Deleted User]
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited June 2017
    Po_gg said:
    Nope, it has nothing to do with that period, Octa, it's simply how FC set up the Legends accounts, they simply copied over the TSW part into a new one before launch. Which resulted the funny state Distopia described in OP, there's your FC account with all their games, and there's a separate Legends account - fine for me, since I don't like Legends :wink:

Maybe after they close TSW they will put back Legends into its place under your FC accounts. The copy also had the side-effect that now in Legends your account credentials are the same as your gaming login. (Not a big deal for many I guess, but I like to keep them separated... maybe I've played too much TSW and am now paranoid :sunglasses: )
    That is indeed what seems to be the case. I figured it was that way since they have a seemingly different CS currency. 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Going to keep an eye on this @Distopia since I might have this issue too.