Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CIG deal with Coutts & Co?

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited June 2017
    .....-..

rpmcmurphy
    edited June 2017
    How are you getting that output? You've obviously applied some filter to make it appear like it is trending at higher numbers than it really is.

Here is Worldwide, 30 days, all categories and web search. Added Elite as comparison

So you can see from the filters I use SC averages around the 50% mark with a 65% peak while Max has applied some arbitrary filter to push it up to the 75% as average and peak at 100%.
    Very sneaky.
    I'm comparing Star Citizen its own trending rate in the past month. The only news that existed these past days were of this, and it peaked.

That's a ridiculous accusation:

> Worldwide, Past month and the Same Peak.

The last peak was 2 months ago I think because of the string thing.
    rpmcmurphy
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    MaxBacon said:
    Excession said:
    Is this your opinion? or are you making these statement's as fact's?

Is it really a non-issue?

What is the reality of Brexit?

Inquiring mind's want to know.
    Non-issue as, as the fact it was done, it was just the documents being filed now.

There are big financial discussions on how the company might be doing things when it comes to money if you want to read: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6jgcw3/clarification_on_cig_loan/?sort=top

Phaserlight said:
    I was asking very simply if anyone had bothered fact-checking Ortwin's statement or if it was being accepted as gospel truth.
    If this is such a big deal for some they can reach out the bank. Or as I said, even report the company for lying about a loan they made them (one or both ways), what would be a crime.
    You and a couple others from CIG's community I've encountered have a very tribal mentality; it's either 'CIG is lying' or 'evil haters are spinning this negatively' with you.  Maybe Ortwin's statement is true, but perhaps he isn't telling you the whole truth.

Why I would bother questioning it at all is that if I had hundreds or even thousands of dollars riding on this project and they just took out a loan, Ortwin's response is exactly what I would want to hear.  Furthermore, he's not a neutral third-party.

Just trying to inject some logic into a cult-like weather pattern.
    KyleranrpmcmurphyMaxBaconOdeezee

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    I'm comparing Star Citizen its own trending rate in the past month. The only news that existed these past days were of this, and it peaked.

That's a ridiculous accusation:

> Worldwide, Past month and the Same Peak.

Yeah I owe you an apology for this and I will amend my previous post. This was not so much your doing as it was google's, snipping off the filters made me wonder what you up to.

I went back to Google to try and figure out why it was displaying the way it was. If you only use one search term then the output is not really very useful, elite on its own shows 75% avg. for the month and then an uptick to 100%, very similar to the SC chart you've linked above. More useful for trend comparison imo.

MaxBacon
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    I hate it when a company is posting stuff that's obviously wrong just to hype people (or for Damage Control).
    What I mean in this case is that Ortwin is talking about a "partnership with Coutts & Co" when Coutts is stating that this is NOT a partnership, just a loan ...
    Odeezee

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Phaserlight said:
    Ortwin's response is exactly what I would want to hear.  Furthermore, he's not a neutral third-party.
    Something that falls on both sides in opposite manners.

The fact the backers are not worried is because this is, realistically, a risk-non-risk where in no scenario of relevant possibility in the consideration of the entire company and the crowdfunding they would fail such a loan contract for the value range it should be on...

Around the community, people are sick and tired of the speculative fear monger. If the community was open to that we would have been last 3 years fearing the company's imminent collapse.

I hate it when a company is posting stuff that's obviously wrong just to hype people (or for Damage Control).
    What I mean in this case is that Ortwin is talking about a "partnership with Coutts & Co" when Coutts is stating that this is NOT a partnership, just a loan ...
    You should own a company then you wouldn't hate it, it's called PR, the specific wording clearly reflects that.
    Gdemami
    MaxBacon said:
    [...]
    You should own a company then you wouldn't hate it, it's called PR, the specific wording clearly reflects that.
    I own a Company ... we make games :D
    But lying to your customers on easy verifiable facts is never a good move!
    KefoOdeezee

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    edited June 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Phaserlight said:
    Ortwin's response is exactly what I would want to hear.  Furthermore, he's not a neutral third-party.
    Something that falls on both sides in opposite manners.

The fact the backers are not worried is because this is, realistically, a risk-non-risk where in no scenario of relevant possibility in the consideration of the entire company and the crowdfunding they would fail such a loan contract for the value range it should be on...

Around the community, people are sick and tired of the speculative fear monger. If the community was open to that we would have been last 3 years fearing the company's imminent collapse.

Here you go again, stating fact's with no proof.
    I could claim that it is a fact the backer's are not worried because they are not intelligent enough to realise they should be worried, but that does not make it so.

Nice bit of spin too, Ortwin is not exactly truthful, claiming it is a partnership, when it is not, but that is fine, it is just PR.

Also, why are you still here, making post's in defense of this loan malarky, when it is such a non-issue?
    MaxBaconOdeezee

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

edited June 2017
    It's not a partnership in the legal sense, and it's also no lie. You can use the partnership word without implying a legal but yet one informal context. That means, a bank and a company making business.

Or Amazon and CIG in the case of Lumberyard. I know in our company they call everything partnerships, even though it's just making business with another company.
    KeforpmcmurphyGdemami
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I am not buying their explanation. The truth is likely in the middle.. not in trouble but not healthy either. Either way they NEEDED the loan. It is more than just " business as usual " going on here.

The collateral put up makes that obvious.
    Odeezee
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Meanwhile ....

CIG earns another 1.5+ M$ this weekend alone.

Have fun
    Babuinix
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:
    Meanwhile ....

Have fun
    Or 6.000.000$ non-publisher dollars according to Chis Roberts.

..Cake..

MaxBacon said:
    It's not a partnership in the legal sense, and it's also no lie. You can use the partnership word without implying a legal but yet one informal context. That means, a bank and a company making business.

Or Amazon and CIG in the case of Lumberyard. I know in our company they call everything partnerships, even though it's just making business with another company.
    In this case Coutts defined explizit that this is not a partnership so it's against the contract to call it a partnership.
    Would be too easy I have a partnership with Apple, intel und nVidia beacause I own their products, If I market it for my business then nVidia will send their taskforce with helicopters and close my business (or maybe just tell me to remove the marketing in question).
    With Lumberyard it's different they have to show their logo inside the game somewhere for Lumberyard marketing purposes, Amazon likes this, and this is part of the contract when you are using this pile of .... very-nice-compiled-code-that-was-once-upon-a-time-cry3 :)

Odeezee

The cake is a lie.

edited June 2017
    In this case Coutts defined explizit that this is not a partnership so it's against the contract to call it a partnership.
    Would be too easy I have a partnership with Apple, intel und nVidia beacause I own their products, If I market it for my business then nVidia will send their taskforce with helicopters and close my business (or maybe just tell me to remove the marketing in question).
    With Lumberyard it's different they have to show their logo inside the game somewhere for Lumberyard marketing purposes, Amazon likes this, and this is part of the contract when you are using this pile of .... very-nice-compiled-code-that-was-once-upon-a-time-cry3 :)

I think you are nitpicking a bit too much just to shame CIG.

No harm in calling the bank they work with of partners (it implies the relationship with the bank, not the specific loan). I think someone even emailed Coutts about this and I'm pretty sure if they respond, it will be implying just that.
    ExcessionrpmcmurphyGdemami
    MaxBacon said:

I think you are nitpicking for the sake of just shaming CIG.

No harm in calling the bank they work with of partners. I think someone even emailed Coutts about this and I'm pretty sure if they respond, it will be implying just that.
    I am just writing what I don't like, I am not in a position to shame CIG, though there are many things I like about SC but the marketing isn't one of them :)

The cake is a lie.

I am just writing what I don't like, I am not in a position to shame CIG, though there are many things I like about SC but the marketing isn't one of them :)
    Really? Of all the things to not like about their Marketing this is I think the lesser issue I could imagine, things like their sometimes aggressive and even mindless marketing (that results in community outcries) those yeah are things they need to work out.

I work on Marketing and on one side I see some very smart strategies in the other complete mess ups that just piss off people, needs a more PR perspective if you ask me.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Erillion said:
    Meanwhile ....

Have fun
    Who wouldn't want to loan money to a company that can bring in this sort of money from customers while not actually delivering a finished product yet?

Babuinixforcelima

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited June 2017
    One of the Journalists that reported in this story posted that was the only one who actually read the contract instead of copy what neogaf posted, in the discussion on the main SUB: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6jgj0c/inquisitrcom_is_star_citizen_in_trouble_with_a/djea1io/

"... Plus the sources were known haters of the game. Then a bunch of negative articles started hitting and I decided to read the actual loan document and thought I might as well write a response to kind of correct the record ..."

This was the article: http://www.inquisitr.com/4322447/is-star-citizen-in-trouble-with-a-loan-and-owned-by-a-bank-no-not-really/
    ExcessionrpmcmurphyKyleranOdeezee
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited June 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Erillion said:
    Meanwhile ....

Have fun
    Who wouldn't want to loan money to a company that can bring in this sort of money from customers while not actually delivering a finished product yet?
    When your unfinished product is better than the "finished products" in the market ofc the company will keep bringing that sort of money.

Supply and Demand and all...

I mean It's not CIG fault that other game dev's keep under-delivering, maybe they lack focus or are out of touch to what space-sim fans really want
    ExcessionrpmcmurphyGdemami
    White knight's still plugging away at a non-issue :wink:
    MaxBaconOdeezee

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Babuinix said:
    When your unfinished product is better than the "finished products" in the market ofc the company will keep bringing that sort of money.

Hey Goat Simulator isn't that bad :D
    Babuinix

The cake is a lie.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited June 2017

Babuinix said:

Hey Goat Simulator isn't that bad :D
    Absolutely, It's got a Very Positive on Steam, most space games would die for that kind of reviews! :D

Octagon7711
    CIG's statement gets to the top of r/games as well: https://as.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/6jgfc4/official_statement_from_cloud_imperium_games/?sort=top

Seems r/games is overall in tone with the SC community here as well, is it time to also claim they are a cult and should be dismissed?
    BabuinixOdeezee
    MaxBacon said:
    CIG's statement gets to the top of r/games as well: https://as.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/6jgfc4/official_statement_from_cloud_imperium_games/?sort=top

Seems r/games is overall in tone with the SC community here as well, is it time to also claim they are a cult and should be dismissed?
    So, if you find people posting opinion's that align with your's, and have a positive spin for CIG/SC/CR, then it is all good, no need for them to be professional or neutral eh?
    Odeezee