Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 Stormblood issues

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
I'm amazed that this site, or any other is posting about this. It seems that a lot of players who have bought Stormblood for the PS4 redeemed their code too early (I'm one of them), and the code disappeared in the void between PSN and FFXIV servers. Yes, that's right, the code is flagged as redeemed, but it's not registered in the Mog Station.

Here's the email I received on the 23rd about it:
Dear Customer,

We are aware that some players who bought the PS4 Standard Edition of Stormblood are experiencing issues when redeeming their game code on PSN. Players affected could either see that:
a) The code was invalid/used when trying to redeem, or
b) Early Access entitlement was added to their account.

We have investigated the issue and can now confirm that it has been resolved.

Players who didn’t redeem the game code included in the game package before 17:00 (GMT)/18:00 (BST) on June 20th can do so via the usual process by following these instructions.

Frequently Asked Questions

I received error message “WC-40372-6” when entering my game code for the first time on PSN. What should I do?
If you receive the below error message when attempting to redeem the code included in your game package on PSN for the first time, please contact the Support Centre via this form.
Error Message: “This PlayStation™Network Card number has already been used. (WC-40372-6)”

I redeemed the game code included in my package before the fix on June 20th and only received Early Access. How do I get my full game entitlement?
If you redeemed your game code before 17:00 (GMT)/18:00 (BST) on June 20th and only received the Early Access entitlement, please contact the Support Centre to have the relevant entitlement added to your account via this form.

I tried to redeem my Early Access code after launch on June 20th, but I did not receive my bonuses. How can I get the bonus items?
If you pre-ordered the game but did not redeem your Early Access code by 17:00 (GMT)/18:00 (BST) on June 20th, you will need to contact the Support Centre in order to obtain your Early Access bonuses. The game code included in your package will remain valid for the FFXIV: Stormblood entitlement.

Kind Regards,
The Square Enix Support Centre Team.            

I've filled out the form from the email andhave only received a confirmation email on the 24th which tells nothing special:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are very sorry to hear that your code is either showing as invalid/used or only added Early Access rights to your account instead of the full game.

If you have received Early Access instead of the full game, don?t worry you will still be able to access Stormblood areas for now.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and will send you the correct product code to the email address specified in this form. 

We deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding and continued patience. 

Kind Regards,
The Square Enix Support Centre Team.

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!

More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website. 

Needless to say, still nothing has changed and my Stormblood (PS4) is still available for purchase in the Mog Store. I do have my pre-order goodies, so at least something did go right, but not the most important thing...

Also worth to notice that on the 27th the PSN will have a 1 hour maintenance - is this to get things going again for FFXIV or is it just a general maintenance which was planned before the SB problems arose?

Comments

• FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Oh i feel bad for you, i bought my copy in store afther its offical release date.

And everything is just working fine for me it says ARR yes HS yes and SB yes in the mog station so i presume there working all fine tho i am still playing on ARR.

No idea if this PS4 maintenance has anything to do whit it i hope so for you...

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Hope it works out. S/E is so horrible about their codes and account management.

Even on the PC - you pre-purchase, they give you a code. That code was ~only~ for early access. You have to go back and get a new code, and enter the new code, after the release to get permanent access.

No idea why they can't just figure out if you have EA, you should have the full thing too, but cest le vie.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The system they have in place to register this code and that code, Go to this site through this link to apply on another site stab self in face ect ect.... I really thought they would have simplified things by now.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5383&la=2&kid=76454&ret=main

The page states "We have investigated the issue and can now confirm that it has been resolved.". I have my doubts because I still don have a new code and the old one gives me that WC-40372-6 error when entering it...
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Ridelynn said:

Even on the PC - you pre-purchase, they give you a code. That code was ~only~ for early access. You have to go back and get a new code, and enter the new code, after the release to get permanent access.

No idea why they can't just figure out if you have EA, you should have the full thing too, but cest le vie.

Ehh what? Is this your first MMO you played?  All MMO's that offer pre-order and/or Early access work with Pre-order codes and won't give you the full retail code until just before official release, "After" they have made sure they got your money!

My pre-order wasn't charged until just a couple days before official release and the retail code became available just in time on the SE store under my order. So had no trouble registering it in time.

The PSN issue is completely different and seems to be a miscommunication between Sony and SE and that Sony allowed players to register retail codes too soon, before Mogstation was ready to receive Stormblood retail codes.
    thunderC said:
    The system they have in place to register this code and that code, Go to this site through this link to apply on another site stab self in face ect ect.... I really thought they would have simplified things by now.

It "is" much simpler now since they moved everything to Mogstation and not all that different compared to other MMO's.

All retail keys ( be it PC, Mac or PS4 ) can be directly entered into Mogstation. I have never entered my PS4 codes through PSN, but directly into Mogstation and never had any issues.

JeroKane said:
    thunderC said:

It "is" much simpler now since they moved everything to Mogstation and not all that different compared to other MMO's.

All retail keys ( be it PC, Mac or PS4 ) can be directly entered into Mogstation. I have never entered my PS4 codes through PSN, but directly into Mogstation and never had any issues.

PS4 codes CAN NOT be entered through Mog Station. To get your PS4 registration in the Mog Station, you gotta enter it through the PSN(etwork) and fire up FFXIV. When FFXIV is started, it'll communicate with the Mog Station and checks if you have an expansion (SB in this case) registered and will do so if itś not yet there.
    JeroKane said:
    Ridelynn said:

Ehh what? Is this your first MMO you played?  All MMO's that offer pre-order and/or Early access work with Pre-order codes and won't give you the full retail code until just before official release, "After" they have made sure they got your money!

My pre-order wasn't charged until just a couple days before official release and the retail code became available just in time on the SE store under my order. So had no trouble registering it in time.

The PSN issue is completely different and seems to be a miscommunication between Sony and SE and that Sony allowed players to register retail codes too soon, before Mogstation was ready to receive Stormblood retail codes.
    Not sure how things go for other countries for the FFXIV:SB pre-order, but here in The Netherlands, because it unlocks the full game I had to pay for the EA key and I get the disc, steelbox and actual DLC code for SB upon release.

About the miscommunication thing, I just called SONY to get them to work as well and they indeed confirmed that it was an error on their side as well as on SE's side. SONY should not have accepted the key before 17.00 on the 20th. Because they did, they should have passed it on to SE. Something between those 2 things went wrong and accidentally(?) the list of ppl who registered their codes before 17.00 got wiped. Oddly enough though, the CS representative could confirm that I did enter a SB code on the 20th though, but it was registered as an EA code (which I already claimed on the 15th this month...).
    SONY asked me to send a picture of my EA & DLC codes, along with my PS4 download list and purchase history. This should speed things up toward SE. Not holding my breath, but I hope it indeed works ;-)
    Reizla said:
    JeroKane said:
    thunderC said:

PS4 codes CAN NOT be entered through Mog Station. To get your PS4 registration in the Mog Station, you gotta enter it through the PSN(etwork) and fire up FFXIV. When FFXIV is started, it'll communicate with the Mog Station and checks if you have an expansion (SB in this case) registered and will do so if itś not yet there.
    JeroKane said:
    Ridelynn said:

Not sure how things go for other countries for the FFXIV:SB pre-order, but here in The Netherlands, because it unlocks the full game I had to pay for the EA key and I get the disc, steelbox and actual DLC code for SB upon release.

About the miscommunication thing, I just called SONY to get them to work as well and they indeed confirmed that it was an error on their side as well as on SE's side. SONY should not have accepted the key before 17.00 on the 20th. Because they did, they should have passed it on to SE. Something between those 2 things went wrong and accidentally(?) the list of ppl who registered their codes before 17.00 got wiped. Oddly enough though, the CS representative could confirm that I did enter a SB code on the 20th though, but it was registered as an EA code (which I already claimed on the 15th this month...).
    SONY asked me to send a picture of my EA & DLC codes, along with my PS4 download list and purchase history. This should speed things up toward SE. Not holding my breath, but I hope it indeed works ;-)
    You can buy Digital edition of FFXIV for all editions via SE Store, then you can enter the key via Mogstation and so bypass PSN.
    https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/445719/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-ps4

Ofcourse, if you buy the digital edition on the PSN store, it will go via PSN and not directly Mog station.

I myself. I can't remember how I bought the digital edition of Heavensward PS4.
    For Stormblood, I only bought the digital PC edition this time.
    Finally have a new key from SE. Only took them 7 days to get it done >:( My brother on the other hand (having the same problem) still didn't get his replacement key.