Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Combat System Goes Live - Check Out the New Action - Gloria Victis Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageNew Combat System Goes Live - Check Out the New Action - Gloria Victis Videos - MMORPG.com

The Gloria Victis team has released a new update that brings the long-awaited combat overhaul into the game. To show off how things are shaping up these days, a new trailer has been released.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    So I'm kind of confused as to how this update actually made combat more in depth like they are saying. Honestly there is still only attack and block as far as I can tell, with a power meter that you just hold down the mouse to charge up. Maybe there's body part targeting but I couldn't get damage to change wherever I hit an enemy. The animations sure do look better I'll give them that, but it seems to have broken the AI with most enemies, they just kinda stand around until you hit them, which was kind of how it was before. The game is pretty fun, I just wish it was a bit more polished, it's still early though.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    I could see Combat, but I didn't learn from that video how combat was improved or just New. @Panther2103 said the Combat Animation looked better, but that doesn't cut it for me. When discussing a new System, I want to hear about number and diversity of skills, targeting, charging, and activation.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    There are no skills per say, they just took mount and blade 4 directional attacks and added on some stupid static block in which I guess moving your body to position the block is supposed to pass for quasi directional blocking. And on top of this they have a stamina bar that limits it all.
    I really dont understand why they just didnt go all out M&B style attacking and blocking.
    Tiger Knight EW did a hell of a job mimicing Warband combat with its own added flair stuff like charging, combos etc, if this game leaned more in that direction I would play it.

Also I am hearing that the desync and lag is worse now that it was before.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Asheram said:
    There are no skills per say, they just took mount and blade 4 directional attacks and added on some stupid static block in which I guess moving your body to position the block is supposed to pass for quasi directional blocking. And on top of this they have a stamina bar that limits it all.
    I really dont understand why they just didnt go all out M&B style attacking and blocking.
    Tiger Knight EW did a hell of a job mimicing Warband combat with its own added flair stuff like charging, combos etc, if this game leaned more in that direction I would play it.

I wasn't getting any lag or desync in the time I tried it but maybe in more populated areas it happens more frequently. I couldn't figure out how to do the directional attacks, moving my body and attacking in each direction yielded either the same attack or one other variation but it was random with when it used either.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Asheram said:

I wasn't getting any lag or desync in the time I tried it but maybe in more populated areas it happens more frequently. I couldn't figure out how to do the directional attacks, moving my body and attacking in each direction yielded either the same attack or one other variation but it was random with when it used either.
    Have you ever played Mount and Blade? You move mouse the direction you want to swing and click lmb.