Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Epic Space: Online - One Server, One Universe - Apollo - Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Epic Space: Online - One Server, One Universe - Apollo - Trailer

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Nice video. Definitely something worth researching & hoping for.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Something to keep on my radar.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I looked at, however, it comes across with the play of EvE with less depth to it, doesn't really captivate interest in my side.
    KayAndroid
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2017
    Kind of a Rebel Galaxy vibe they got going on in the video. Just not as flashy.
    rodingo said:
    You can play it now lol http://store.steampowered.com/app/293400/Epic_Space_Online/
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Tiller said:

rodingo said:

You can play it now lol http://store.steampowered.com/app/293400/Epic_Space_Online/

Also it was released May 2014 and has 19% positive reviews... a real WTF article moment.
    TillerLucienReneNildenPhryConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Dakeru
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KayAndroidKayAndroid Member UncommonPosts: 59

MaxBacon said:

I looked at, however, it comes across with the play of EvE with less depth to it, doesn't really captivate interest in my side.

I feel the same way. Normally I'd be all over a single server space sim like this... But I already play Eve, and for some reason this game doesn't seem compelling to me. I hope it's cool though. I'm always down to change my mind.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2017
    Wait, wait. This game has 66 reviews on Steam, overall Very Negative, and MMORPG.com is hyping it? This is the same game as in the link, right? Is there anything this site won't sponsor for a dollar?
    LucienReneNilden[Deleted User]Bluelinerkanechart
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Tiller said:

rodingo said:

Oh lol. Where I read "Apollo" I thought it said "Alpha". If that's its final release state, then sadly... meh.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Iselin said:

Tiller said:

rodingo said:

Also it was released May 2014 and has 19% positive reviews... a real WTF article moment.

I was looking for the "Sponsored" in the title; nope not there. Maybe they forgot to add it. xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    We got a press release. We published a story on it. I'm pretty sure you guys can tear the game down. :) Not like we're reviewing it.
    Taiphoz[Deleted User]maskedweasel

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    We got a press release. We published a story on it. I'm pretty sure you guys can tear the game down. :) Not like we're reviewing it.
    There really is no reason to 'tear it down' as the reviews on Steam do a fine job of that already. Do you often get press releases for games that are two years old? I took a glance through the Steam site and nothing caught my eye as newsworthy. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Hatefull said:
    There really is no reason to 'tear it down' as the reviews on Steam do a fine job of that already. Do you often get press releases for games that are two years old? I took a glance through the Steam site and nothing caught my eye as newsworthy. 
    If they're sent to us via PR, yes. Especially in the slow days after E3.
    [Deleted User]maskedweasel

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

ah well, I'm sure a few folks will like it enough to buy it, so I guess it's a success for them lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Maybe in a few years it will be playable, at the moment it doesn't look like they have a game that works constantly enough, or well enough to make it worth playing, the negative reviews are pretty damning, it wouldn't surprise me very much either if it ended up being one of those games that never progresses beyond early access. :/
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    rodingo said:

Tiller said:

rodingo said:

Oh lol. Where I read "Apollo" I thought it said "Alpha". If that's its final release state, then sadly... meh.
    What you experienced is called an Earlyaccessian slip. 
    rodingoIselin[Deleted User]Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    rodingo said:

Tiller said:

rodingo said:

The whole early access concept got taken for a weird spin by Funcom when they decided to have a semi-public beta for TSW Legends ahead of its early access release. And here I thought early access was a paid alpha/beta.

The gimmick is wearing thin.
    ConstantineMerusGdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• EMelvilleEMelville Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I hear what you're saying but if you want more innovation in games, Early Access is where it's at. If a game fails, someone *Will* pickup the torch, reiterate and try again.

The industry needs a dedicated hub for these types of ideas. Or else you're looking at another Assassins Creed, this time in space, at E3 2018.

Haha... sorry.

As for Epic Space, we're not going anywhere. We'll keep reiterating until we get it right. I think we're almost there.

We're lucky Valve is enlightened enough to be at the forfront of all this.

It takes serious backbone to risk time, money, and personnel on, rather "crazy" ideas. That's what Valve is doing with the Early Access program.
    Gdemami
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Iselin said:

rodingo said:

Tiller said:

rodingo said:

The whole early access concept got taken for a weird spin by Funcom when they decided to have a semi-public beta for TSW Legends ahead of its early access release. And here I thought early access was a paid alpha/beta.

The gimmick is wearing thin.

Funcom were very late to the party. EQN, for example, never got out of EA and there are many that have been "stuck" in EA for years ..... seems like forever!
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    If I can't sit in the cockpit and actually fly the thing, it's not worth looking at..
    Shoulda come up with a nice X-wing Tie-Fighter type of game.
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    edited June 2017
    So I just did a little research I tried getting contact with their PR 2 times years ago but they never cared to reply at all. There is a few of us smaller Youtubers who are positive and would eat up a space game even if it's bad and at least bring more people to their games. I mean I'm tiny only 11k subs but still they never commented or replied or anything I asked a friend mine hes nearing 100k mark he also never could get a hold of them. They seem a bit detached from reality. Hell thought the game was not out then I noticed on Steam. Their site gives no proper info it feels like it's a Portal to already members of something like to change your billing info or something like battle.net really. They need to structure their site a lot better and I mean a LOT LOT better just make that even look welcoming and give it a better info page on what the game has is it even out the steam store page etc. Either way I hope the best for them but as far as I can tell the game is not going anywhere sadly. That being said maybe they do this for pure fun part time and that is fine too.

SNIP

• EMelvilleEMelville Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I really REALLY like PUBG's streamer outreach program. That could be the key to marketing any game in the future and supports streamers of any size. Plus, I wouldn't get offended so easily, we're just busy.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    EMelville said:
    I hear what you're saying but if you want more innovation in games, Early Access is where it's at. If a game fails, someone *Will* pickup the torch, reiterate and try again.

The industry needs a dedicated hub for these types of ideas. Or else you're looking at another Assassins Creed, this time in space, at E3 2018.

Haha... sorry.

As for Epic Space, we're not going anywhere. We'll keep reiterating until we get it right. I think we're almost there.

It takes serious backbone to risk time, money, and personnel on, rather "crazy" ideas. That's what Valve is doing with the Early Access program.
    Trying to understand where "crazy ideas" come into play.

Trying to make a MMO that seems very EVE like hoping to attract space sim fans in general?

Or go toe to toe with SC or maybe Elite?

Good luck to you guys, I'll cicle back one day if you ever get out EA to see the result.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kyleran said:
    EMelville said:

Haha... sorry.

Trying to understand where "crazy ideas" come into play.

Trying to make a MMO that seems very EVE like hoping to attract space sim fans in general?

Or go toe to toe with SC or maybe Elite?

Good luck to you guys, I'll cicle back one day if you ever get out EA to see the result.
    done
    http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/345010/

this game created by two people has left early access and is pretty much a pve version of Eve.

does it look like a game created by 1000 developers? no because it was created by TWO PEOPLE

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    I played Ascent it was actually quite a Unique game and not bad. Was not really for me but there is people there played for a billion years. You can go to planets and build factories and such and make like a passive income and such.

SNIP

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    kanechart said:
    I played Ascent it was actually quite a Unique game and not bad. Was not really for me but there is people there played for a billion years. You can go to planets and build factories and such and make like a passive income and such.
    its really amazing what some of these 1 - 2 man teams are creating these days

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me