Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SPONSORED - Final Fantasy XIV - The Five Biggest New Features in FFXIV: Stormblood

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFinal Fantasy XIV - The Five Biggest New Features in FFXIV: Stormblood - MMORPG.com

Today marks the official worldwide launch of Final Fantasy XIV’s second expansion, Stormblood. To celebrate, we’re listing off the top five new features being added to the game with this update. This is a sponsored article, so it’ll be more informative than exclamatory. Hang onto your butts, here’s what’s new in Eorzea with Stormblood.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    One the biggest features I enjoy is standing around simulator ;) Waiting for instances to work. In all seriousness did they fix all the server issues?
    BillMurphy

SNIP

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

kanechart said:

One the biggest features I enjoy is standing around simulator ;) Waiting for instances to work. In all seriousness did they fix all the server issues?

It seemed OK yesterday for me. Midgardsomr.
    rpmcmurphykanechartMrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Role Skills sounds like a great option to the old problems may have to jump back and and try out some of the new changes, when I played a while back there was also a housing shortage issue,did that get fixed or am I thinking of another game?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    "Weather it’s the way thunderstorms sweep into valleys...."

When spellcheck tells you that you are good to go because you spelled the wrong word the right way. ;)

Just teasing Bill! Happens to me all the time lol.

Going to jump into this expansion as soon as I hear all the bugs are ironed out. Jump potions....here I come!
    MrMelGibsonChaserz
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144

Elvoc said:

Role Skills sounds like a great option to the old problems may have to jump back and and try out some of the new changes, when I played a while back there was also a housing shortage issue,did that get fixed or am I thinking of another game?

New housing zone was added, plus apartments in each housing area if an actual house is too pricey for you, I opted for an apartment and I'm happy with it.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    overhyped expansion, didnt buy in.
    [Deleted User]TheAmazingDwarf
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    A friend bought the base game and 2 days later has yet to be able to create a character on Cactuar. She is going to try the game out on a different server, but she keeps trying to create on Cactuar at different times and has not been able to get it done yet. 
  • munnmunn Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited June 2017

kanechart said:

It seemed OK yesterday for me. Midgardsomr.
    Small group of us (6) are playing on the same server Bill. If you (or anyone else reading from Midgardsomr) are ever looking for some folks to play with let me know and I'll send you the details
    BillMurphy
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited June 2017
    Basically More of the Same. Not a bad thing necessarily, but that's what it is.

New classes are always a plus though so there's that.
    TheAmazingDwarf
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • n3xxn3xx Member UncommonPosts: 36
    can you swim everywhere or just in the new areas?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

n3xx said:

Errrrverywhere.
    ConstantineMerusDragnelus

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

n3xx said:

Errrrverywhere.
    I totally read that in Gary Oldman's voice from Leon. 
    [Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KinkyAmraKinkyAmra Member UncommonPosts: 16

kanechart said:

I see you bashing FFXIV here and at Massively Overpowered.Are you a hater?
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Im still debating on paying $15 just to try the game again but I have a feeling im going to unsubscribe again or not even play at all );.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2017
    Less dungeons this expansion which I kind of blame the itemization of the game for them pretty much being DoA or seal fodder. I'll be honest, this "No player left behind" act that devs/publishers adopt to make games more accessible to all players just ultimately kills the game. People come back, get gear handed to them so they can join current events, do said events for 1-2 weeks, then get bored and stop playing again until next update. Same thing over and over. Personally, I can't even enjoy the leveling of this game anymore since I know PotD will come out in a patch or 2, which rewards you with end game weapons (which are the most annoying things to get in the game) for just leveling.
    Buschkatze
  • handheldhandheld Member UncommonPosts: 120
    "People might want more tanks and healers, but adding these two actually levels things across the game in terms of what’s available."

Uh what?

There is 9 dps jobs and 3 tank jobs and 3 healer jobs. There is nothing even close to even anywhere about that. DPS ques take upwards of 45 to 1 hour and tank ques pop instantly while healer ques pop in a minute or 2.

None of that is even getting into the classes before jobs where there is only 2 tanks, 6 dps, and 1 healer.
    Buschkatze
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

n3xx said:

Errrrverywhere.
    except in Limsa Lominsa. I was really looking forwad to jumping off the Aftcastle to the sea.... it ain't happening :(

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Must say Im lvl 68 atm and I like the dungeons and new trails. One boss is without fighting that was refreshing. Swimming underwater on mount is relaxing. Wiped on trail nobody knew what to do in df and we all were like.. Lets figure it out ourself 

And the zones looks beautiful!

BuschkatzeunfilteredJW