Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really wanted to play, but already uninstalled

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Sorry for hijacking thread.
    Yesterday tried to play FF. Yes, as free player. Yes, I do know limitations (lvl.35, some actions not allowed etc). Yes, I could play with limitations at least to have some fun.
    Downloaded client. Created Square enix account. Installed, updated - everything went smooth. Logging: oops, I need one-time password, which is obtainable by some device (~10 EUR) or by installing software to my iOS/Android phone. Alas, i do not have Android phone, mine is with different OS.
    Uninstalled.
    Question: is there any way to bypass "one time password" when logging into game?
    You dont NEED a one time password unless you actually set it up yourself, its an extra layer of protection just like Blizzard has their authenticator, the field is there in the launcher no matter what, but if you havent set it up you just leave the field blank. 

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:
    Viper482 said:
    Just know if you do a chargeback on this game they will ban your account.
    Well they can always open a new account a few years later unless they will ban that one too which is unlikely because  most games aren't like Albion Online banning accounts for no reason, but SE should offer money back in these kind of situations.

They should maybe at least offer compensation for this.
    They didn't ban you for no reason.  You are a cheater and the actual developer posted in your nonsensical, long winded thread that you were caught cheating and buying gold in game.  I don't understand how you still are trying to act innocent about this.  It's cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
    Snip

So much text wasted on what was clearly your own fault :/
    MrMelGibsonKyleran

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited June 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:
    Viper482 said:
    Just know if you do a chargeback on this game they will ban your account.
    Well they can always open a new account a few years later unless they will ban that one too which is unlikely because  most games aren't like Albion Online banning accounts for no reason, but SE should offer money back in these kind of situations.

They should maybe at least offer compensation for this.
    They didn't ban you for no reason.  You are a cheater and the actual developer posted in your nonsensical, long winded thread that you were caught cheating and buying gold in game.  I don't understand how you still are trying to act innocent about this.  It's cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
    Well still I doubt "Square Enix" would ban a new customer completely if they asked for a refund for a game that is unplayable, they would likely first try to offer some type of compensation like free time, and if not likely just issue a refund for the game, and if not even a Charge Back would get the account banned possibly or like returning the game to the local Game Stop for example, but I don't think they would ban a person from ever coming back unless they commit actual fraud, this being said when a person "Buys a product" or game such as (FFXIV) they are lead to believe they will be able to play the game, if for some reason their software or game doesn't work at all or servers are down they need to seriously fix that...

I mean personally if I purchased a game and couldn't play it online I would always try customer service first, usually they are willing to work with the customers, at least the more Upscale, and professional gaming companies that is such as "Blizzard" I am not sure about Square Enix because I don't really play their games anymore because IMO they lack the knowledge on making the game great anyways tried FFXIV so many times just wasn't my cup of tea due to numerous problems with "Glamour System" and "Housing".

---------------------------------------------------
    As for Albion, I still stand by it their company banned my 3+ year account for simply (Accepting a trade in game that I believed in good faith was legitimate) only thing that wasn't was exchanging currency across two different games which I totally was unaware of, and personally consider it a ban for (No Reason) as my account was in good standing for over (3 years) with no warnings or infractions.

As for Korn, or the developer all they posted is a Log saying "Im Delivery" and possibly the one where I did a second trade with the same person in which did break a rule of trading currency across two different games, but given my account over 3 Years Alpha Testing, and no Infractions, I say the ban for life is just flat out stupid. Nor can this company prove that I purchased currency all they can see is what goes on in The Game and at no point did I agree to purchase currency from anyone just a simple mistake, in which this developer doesn't even have the guts to reply, or even accept the fact it maybe the truth with a warning to Never do such a transaction again, as since I know now trading for outside favors is illegal damn right I would never do that again.

Edit: A good company would never ban without being sure, and even give a customer the benefit of the doubt on any first offense, even Albion asks you to submit evidence to appeal a ban which I did, which they refused to even look at, which really pisses me off as a 3 year backer. And its not honestly my responsibility, to know who I am trading with in game if that person happens to do illegal things How the heck am I supposed to know. The only thing I was ever guilty of is trading for outside favors, nothing more, Nor can this company prove I had knowledge of it which makes them look really bad too.

IMO that is one of the worst MMORPG games, I have ever backed, and personally, I never have known of Square Enix,  or any other company for that matter to ban a user for even buying gold from 3rd parties on the first offense, or banning someone for life for a "Charge Back "because the game didn't work and they decide to try the game again 5 years later for example...

And honestly, I don't expect that other game to make it for long anyways if they don't seriously change the way the game works before launch there will be a lot of Credit-Card Fraud happening within the game, Lots of banned accounts sure, but it will ruin the economy at the very start, and personally I have no faith in this company anymore given what I have seen, and for that matter a company that allows people to sell stolen serial keys https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/54022-Regarding-keys-purchased-from-3rd-party-sites/ because they couldn't even fix it so you purchase it and it applies directly to your own account as someone suggested.

Lol, again the DEVELOPER posted on your thread and called you out.  So what are my options?  I either believe the developer who has something to lose like their reputation and integrity.  Or a guy who rails against anti-cheat software and admitted to rarely following the law because he doesn't agree with it.  It's a really easy answer.  You are a liar and I don't believe anything you say.

I'm glad Albion developer didn't give a cheater a second chance.  I'm actually more interested in this mmo now because I know the developer will punish offenders who try to hack and cheat.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited June 2017
    The only way you are going to get on Gilgamesh or Balmung is if you use the paid transfer service to get there. Unfortunately, paid transfers to these servers have been suspended for now and I'm unsure when they'll open up again. I'd like to know as well, because I'd love for my SO to join me on Gilgamesh at some point, so I can definitely understand your frustration.

I'm not entirely sure why your friends didn't inform you of this issue before you picked up the game. It's well known to anyone on Balmung or Gilgamesh that there's no way to get on without a paid transfer. Your best course of action at this point is probably to play on another server and transfer over whenever those become available again; or to just keep an eye on the availability of paid transfers to these worlds and try picking up the game once that's an option.
    MrMelGibsonDistopiaSovrath
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Yeah I don't understand the OP either.  You couldn't have picked any worse server than those two! Especially Balmung!

Trust me. You don't even want to be on Balmung anymore!  I played there until early last year and quit and rerolled on a different server and couldn't be happier.

And when it comes to WoW. The same problem exist there too with a handful extremely popular servers that have huge queues with every expansion release!
    Good luck rolling there and able to get in with a new Expac release /shrug
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    edited June 2017
    [mod edit]

I partly blame the friends. They should have told them about the restrictions or that its a high pop server unless they didn't know the person was getting the game in which case I guess a little research goes a long way. 

Post edited by MikeB on
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I don't understand why companies use "Servers anymore" or rather don't do what "Guild Wars 2" has which allows players to switch between servers as a guest to play with friends and such, like what if I were still playing this game and I wanted to invite 5 friends to play the game, but they can't join my server, then what I would have to pay additional fees to change to another server and so on...

This is something game companies really need to start getting rid of is "Server Selection" this is so old and outdated and presents issues like these like I fail to understand the point to having not one mega server, or Guesting between servers and such.
    esc-joconnorrojoArcueidYashaX
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    skadad said:
    well you can do cross-world parties and run dungeons/duties together.
    Does this actually work if a player wants to party with specific people from another server, or allow you to guest over to their server entirely like Guild Wars 2 and invite your friends to a party, or is it with just other random people?
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Renoaku said:
    I don't understand why companies use "Servers anymore" or rather don't do what "Guild Wars 2" has which allows players to switch between servers as a guest to play with friends and such, like what if I were still playing this game and I wanted to invite 5 friends to play the game, but they can't join my server, then what I would have to pay additional fees to change to another server and so on...

This is something game companies really need to start getting rid of is "Server Selection" this is so old and outdated and presents issues like these like I fail to understand the point to having not one mega server, or Guesting between servers and such.

Well in FFXIV's case it's probably because it was released almost 2 years before GW2 came out.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    And people on these forums always talk about how 'dead' FF14 is...  ;)
    Two over crowded servers does not show how popular FF14 is or is not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Every MMO is "dead" according to some people on this site. And only a return to 2001 gameplay can save the MMO genre. ;)
    Nov 2002 to be precise, ruleset 1.69 specifically.
    ste2000

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited June 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Two over crowded servers does not show how popular FF14 is or is not.
    In fact the opposite could be true.
    Generally when a game population start to decline, players spontaneously move from their underpopulated servers to the most popular once.

BTW I don't think FFXIV is dying, just that having a couple of overpopulated servers doesn't necessarily means that the game is doing well.

@ the OP: Have you tried asking Square Enix for a refund before asking your bank to charge back?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Just so people are clear. Do not expect SE to lift character creation restrictions on Balmung or Giglamesh anytime in the near future. They have been trying to offload those 2 servers for a while. Now they are locked up tight, there are no more early morning windows of opportunity, or paid transfers in . SE is now offering free transfers and incentives to move to other designated servers to players on those 2 realms.  If you don't have a character already made on Bal or Gil, you won't be playing on Bal or Gil. Period. It's sad for people on those realms who cannot take advantage of RAF programs without leaving other friends behind. 

TLDR: Don't expect to move to, create new toons on Balmung or Gilgamesh any time soon.

DistopiaKyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Could your friends have joined you on your server ?
    I didn't ask. That be pretty rude. Why would I be so douchey to force all my friends (which would more likely split them up as I know a few really enjoy the most popular servers in MMOs and only play on the top three most popular servers) to leave their servers? Most MMOs they'd have to pay to transfer too (not sure if FFXIV is the same, maybe its free transfers?), and a lot of my friends aren't very rich and some live in pretty poor countries if transfering costs. Guess they can make a new character, but a few have quite a lot a ton of work on their characters. They have their own friends and groups they do on those servers. I'm not a douche who'd force people to leave all that behind or force them to pay to move lol.

That would be so much time and money lost, and losing all their friends behind that they made. Not to mention that would split them all up like I said, if some decided to move. Not a good solution at all.
    I"m not sure what your definition of "friend" is but asking wouldn't be considered "douchey" to actual friends.

You could also offer to pay their transfer fees if they can't afford it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Just so people are clear. Do not expect SE to lift character creation restrictions on Balmung or Giglamesh anytime in the near future. They have been trying to offload those 2 servers for a while. Now they are locked up tight, there are no more early morning windows of opportunity, or paid transfers in . SE is now offering free transfers and incentives to move to other designated servers to players on those 2 realms.  If you don't have a character already made on Bal or Gil, you won't be playing on Bal or Gil. Period. It's sad for people on those realms who cannot take advantage of RAF programs without leaving other friends behind. 

TLDR: Don't expect to move to, create new toons on Balmung or Gilgamesh any time soon.

This is why if I were making such a game I'd just call my servers: Server 1 US, Server 2 US, etc....
    I don't see why masses would flock to any single server in that case. WHich is what this is mostly about.. OF course calling a server the popular names from the game series is going to draw the masses to them. Then you end up with dumb avoidable issues like this. 

Shooting themselves in the foot is the way of game devs it seems. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:

This is why if I were making such a game I'd just call my servers: Server 1 US, Server 2 US, etc....
    I don't see why masses would flock to any single server in that case. WHich is what this is mostly about.. OF course calling a server the popular names from the game series is going to draw the masses to them. Then you end up with dumb avoidable issues like this. 

These were legacy servers from 1.0. So when 2.0 (ARR) launched, these 2 realms were automatically starting with higher populations since they were already populated. From there, the 2 realms forked. Gilgamesh became the default raider's server and Balmung became the default RPer's server and they grew from there.

I don't think this scenario would be any different if the realms were named Legacy 1 and Legacy 2
    or Server 1 and Server 2. It was more the circumstances surrounding how they evolved.

That said. This game needs megaserver technology.
    Distopia
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Distopia said:

These were legacy servers from 1.0. So when 2.0 (ARR) launched, these 2 realms were automatically starting with higher populations since they were already populated. From there, the 2 realms forked. Gilgamesh became the default raider's server and Balmung became the default RPer's server and they grew from there.

I don't think this scenario would be any different if the realms were named Legacy 1 and Legacy 2
    or Server 1 and Server 2. It was more the circumstances surrounding how they evolved.

I wasn't aware of that so my bad. that said, what I said does happen quite often, the cooler sounding the name, usually the more that flock to it.

I do agree, megaservers would be the answer here.  I'd just guess they'd feel they've moved backward enough with this title already. Another major overhaul doesn't seem likely to me. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

I wasn't aware of that so my bad. that said, what I said does happen quite often, the cooler sounding the name, usually the more that flock to it.

I do agree, megaservers would be the answer here.  I'd just guess they'd feel they've moved backward enough with this title already. Another major overhaul doesn't seem likely to me. 
    I tried to get my brother playing, but he didn't have time. Even so, if he did sub, I'd have had to leave my server. WHere I had been established in my FC and with a pretty set sub grup even from there. And now, my FC is being torn up by angry players who are leaving. This is forthe best on the server, and it's what SE wants and needs for the server, however, it sucks for the rest of us as our linkshell is deteriorating by players jumping ship.

I am afraid to leave. I know what happens 30-60 days from now.
    Those lower populated servers players are jumping to...................

Kyleran[Deleted User]DistopiaMrMelGibson
    Distopia said:
    Distopia said:

For every solution there are pluses and minuses.

Megaservers have benefits but they also come at the cost of turning virtual worlds into just another game.

Server identity is part of the social aspects of MMORPG which is damaged by cross server tools.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    @OP,i am not blaming you at all,there is nothing wrong with gaming with friends and wanting to game with them.
    However you are sort of administering facts that Wow has long been a game about friends joining friends and not about the game at all.
    I personally witnessed that very fact in EB when Wow was first released.Three young kids asked by the clerk "so you like Wow eh"and one kid responded,with "we are buying it because our friends at school are getting it".

I don't feel that is a good reason for a game to be successful,just mass market it so all the kids see it,then sales just snowball.

Why buy FFXIV in the first place?It sort of says you no longer want to play Wow but quickly run right back to Wow.

Perhaps this is more common than even i know about,perhaps this is what is wrong with gaming in general,too many buying and playing for all the wrong reasons.Perhaps i worded that incorrectly because playing with friends is a perfect reason to pla ya game however you SHOULD be picking the best game possible to do it and not just because other friends are already jumping in.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kallenskallens Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Sorry for hijacking thread.
    Yesterday tried to play FF. Yes, as free player. Yes, I do know limitations (lvl.35, some actions not allowed etc). Yes, I could play with limitations at least to have some fun.
    Downloaded client. Created Square enix account. Installed, updated - everything went smooth. Logging: oops, I need one-time password, which is obtainable by some device (~10 EUR) or by installing software to my iOS/Android phone. Alas, i do not have Android phone, mine is with different OS.
    Uninstalled.
    Question: is there any way to bypass "one time password" when logging into game?
    I don't sign in with a OTP  you don't NEED to afaik....but I'm NA 
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I agree with you @TheSkavenger ;
    Only FF does this server lock, other games with the same problem (WoW new expansion popular server) don't lock servers, this might be better for the existing players, favouring them is fine, but they also chose to play on a popular server. This is just another example of a bad solution to a problem.

How is server locking a bad solution in this situation? 
    Is it better that the pre existing player base suffer lag and server crashes because new players want to pile onto the popular server?
    At least SE tries to take steps to head off that problem, unpopular though it may be to those who feel entitled...
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I was very disappointed in FFXIV also...To me the biggest turn off was that you couldnt even go to other areas other than where your quest was...Every time I tried I'd get the "you cant go there" message, so I left.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Honestly, I hope you got your money back and your happy.

FFXIV has it's issues. But it's one of the best gaming communities I've found out there, and the game in and of itself isn't without some merit. Totally worth the price of admission and hassle for me (which is considerable, Mogstation sucks, all the issues you mention suck, a lot of other things suck), but if your unwilling to get past the obstacles, I can understand that too and don't fault you.

[Deleted User]
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Renoaku said:

My feelings exactly! But for some bizarre reason some people think you can't possibly find a like minded group of people and make a community unless you are restricted to small population. They post this kind of thing on the internet . . .