Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The biggest problem isn't the story, voice acting or the actual game mechanics

2»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I admit I don't care much about gfx and animations since it has minimal weight in a game's overall quality - at least for me (just think back of the awesome games in the '80s :lol: ).
    Still, I can accept that as an issue, since AoC indeed has much more "flexible" character models, even if it sometimes resulted some wicked breakdance moves https://youtu.be/HyCm8GOEoT8

My guess is that it was a result of a tug-of-war with the engine. Environment mapping and textures are much more detailed than in AoC, and probably they had to cut back somewhere to compensate it. Remember, at launch there wasn't even a height slider, there was one male and one female body rendered, and that's all. (of course it's just speculation on my part, I have no idea why they went this way... maybe Gaia favors a selected bodytype and BMI index, and only picks agents who match that :wink: )

But

what's the relevance of it, in the current topic? Legends will have the same animations... If that was what turned you away from TSW, no changes in that area at all.
    Agent_Joseph
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I disagree op,i am as finnicky as they come when deciding to first try a game and then to stick with it.
    I never once had any feeling about animations or character models,at least not that i can remember.

I id have a big problem with the linear design even though pretending to be an open world and certain forced combat areas.Then the combat was just bad but then again i find combat bad in almost all mmorpg's after playing FFXI because FFXI just does the same things only more and imo better.

I actually found TSW combat to be about as bad as can be,it did nothing to make me want to play any further,i quit on the second day.

Back on the subject of animations and models,name one game that the players don't look like pinwheel mannequin's?Then models are 95% covered by gear,so why would the model matter much at all?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    I left because of the armor system they added into new york. Screwed up the build I loved to play and I felt weak. I only played for the story.
  • ShazPurShazPur Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I couldn't care less about the animations or character models.

What caused me to stop playing was that they did some things that they had said that they would never do like raising equipment limits to 10.10, turning up the end game grindfactor to 11, and introducing mounts to a world with already tiny zones. Dumbing down the starting zones and a currency reform that made all the scenarios I played useless had something to do with it as well.

Going to try legends with an open mind, as I never finished the story on an illuminati character.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited June 2017
    Mykell said:
    I left because i hit a point where the skills i had chosen couldn't get past the content and i didn't really understand why. The whole skill wheel thing just wasn't very intuitive and more of a reason why i stopped playing rather than anything to do with models or animation.
    This is why i think they are changing it. There just aren't enough hardcore players bringing in money because they float from game to game. They have made it really casual in TSWL. From what i'm hearing the veteran players won't be happy when this new game comes out. But they still will be able to play the old game if they want. And i'm interested and seeing how the new more co op than mmo idea works.
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    What was bad about TSW:
    1. horrible combat, I killed mobs behind me with a shotgun
    2. bad animations, especially death animations
    3. cutscenes were way overdone, way too much for supposed MMO
    4. The game felt like a single player game with other people running around
    5. The world felt too small and limited
    6. The 3 faction part of the game never felt right
    7. Too much voice acting with my character sitting there looking stupid
    The game was not ment for you :)
    mysticmouse