Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stormblood - Dungeon Crawl - Get a First Look - Final Fantasy XIV Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageStormblood - Dungeon Crawl - Get a First Look - Final Fantasy XIV Videos - MMORPG.com

Today's a big day for Final Fantasy XIV fans as they look forward to the Early Access launch of the Stormblood expansion. To show off some of the encounters players will find in Stormblood, the team has sent out a brand new "dungeon crawl" video. It's definitely not one to miss!

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    My body is ready. Downloading patch now, and getting my jump potions bought SOOOOOON.
    DragnelusViper482[Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited June 2017
    I understand the jump potion. But I really recommend doing hw story! Its soo nice imo. (Dragons)

Atm dutyfinder is broken.

BillMurphy

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    A few hickups been enjoying watching others play. Bit too poor right now to buy a sub but the content looks great. I can't see what the future holds.
    SBFord

SNIP

• nikhtas17nikhtas17 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited June 2017
    Hello,i just want to ask.I have the basic game(realm reborn)if i get stormblood i can login asap and play or?

nikhtas17 said:

Hello,i just want to ask.I have the basic game(realm reborn)if i get stormblood i can login asap and play or?

Yes you should get a EA code that works for 4 days to let you in ASAP.

SNIP

• nikhtas17nikhtas17 Member UncommonPosts: 27

kanechart said:

nikhtas17 said:

Yes you should get a EA code that works for 4 days to let you in ASAP.

Its still P2P or Btp?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    $12.95 for the lower cost sub, $14.99 for the full.
    kanechart

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Just a tip for free ingame time (if you can be bothered)

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596

Bonuses for characters created during bonus period that attain level 30 in any class

Gift of 1,000,000 gil(*1)
    Gift of 15 days of free play time(*2)

*1 Limited to once per data center on a single service account.
    *2 Limited to once per service account when creating a new character on either a new or designated World.
    [Deleted User]kanechart

Dragnelus said:

Just a tip for free ingame time (if you can be bothered)

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596

Bonuses for characters created during bonus period that attain level 30 in any class

Gift of 1,000,000 gil(*1)

Gift of 15 days of free play time(*2)

*1 Limited to once per data center on a single service account.

*2 Limited to once per service account when creating a new character on either a new or designated World.

Now only if I had free time to gain the free time hehe
    [Deleted User]Dragnelus

SNIP

edited June 2017
    I'm reading reporting of the new fates scaling might be a little too crazy for XP gains. Might want to consider doing them while instances are down if your looking for decent XP.
    [Deleted User]

SNIP

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited June 2017
    Nice looking environments, as is usual for SE. The skill of their artists has never been denied. Sadly, it's all style over substance. Pretty backdrops aren't gameplay.

Sadly, most of the dungeons in this video will be quickly burned through and relegated to the increasing pile of "useless content" in favor of the one or two that are deemed "the best and most efficient for progression".

Where SE seems to be falling ever shorter over time is the ability to deliver a compelling MMO experience that *remains* compelling more than 2 weeks after each content release.

People will say "well that's just how modern MMOs are", as though it's a defense. It isn't. It's a cop-out. If it's a known issue for lesser developers, I'd expect SE to stand out as the exception. They did this through the whole ARR cycle, wherein lots of great and sustainable content was introduced. They started slipping with Heavensward, and appear to continue along that trend with SB.

But then, Yoshida does love clinging to WoW as XIV's blueprint; he's cited WoW as inspiration for a number of things he's done in FFXIV so far, up to and including jump potions and "extended free trial". He won't dare deviate from that, because his own ideas fall short (e.g. Diadem - both versions), are DoA (e.g. Verminion), or become rolling trainwrecks (e.g. housing) every time.

He's going to continue to play it as safe as possible, hiding behind "but WoW does it!" as his defense every opportunity he gets.
    Post edited by QuarterStack on
    Viper482[Deleted User]

SNIP

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    music is great and the story highs too, but everything besides that is a chore!