Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neowiz Committed to Bringing the Game to the West - Bless - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNeowiz Committed to Bringing the Game to the West - Bless - MMORPG.com

Bless News - Neowiz Bless Studios reached out to us earlier today with a statement about the future of Bless in both Europe and North America. In it, the company reinforces its commitment to bring the game to Western players after working to ensure that the best game play experience is provided.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited June 2017
    BillMurphyRemyVorender[Deleted User]LucienReneDakeruMrMelGibsonRubrubgrrwingoodaetgf

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited June 2017
    That's OK. No, really, don't trouble yourself. You can keep it. Thanks anyways!
    ForgrimmxDrac

Joined - July 2004

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm looking forward to it.  The problems they had were with monetization, not server problems or combat.  Apparently, they don't want this game to be P2W in the west, and they are having trouble finding a publisher that agrees.
    LucienReneOzmodanCopperfieldRubrubgrrMabushii

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    If failed in Russia and Japan with servers having been shutdown before release and Korea isn't any better from what I understood, and now they want to shove it up to us anyway? This while the WORST POSSIBLE publisher (Aeria games) has said NO already to it..? No thanks, I was hyped in the past, but I'll pass...
    ForgrimmLucienReneRemyVorenderKyleranAsm0deusCopperfieldWalperwingoodLeFantomechojin2k
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Reizla said:
    If failed in Russia and Japan with servers having been shutdown before release and Korea isn't any better from what I understood, and now they want to shove it up to us anyway? This while the WORST POSSIBLE publisher (Aeria games) has said NO already to it..? No thanks, I was hyped in the past, but I'll pass...
    From what I understand it is better.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    DMKano said:
    GladDog said:
    I'm looking forward to it.  The problems they had were with monetization, not server problems or combat.  Apparently, they don't want this game to be P2W in the west, and they are having trouble finding a publisher that agrees.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this is complete horseshit.

The game has actual technical problems with server code.
    Even the official statement says that it's the game, not anything else. Did you read it @gladdog ?

Last September, our partner Aeria Games (AG) shared two major concerns: Ingame performance and combat system. We believe these two need to be polished before coming into the western market. We, Neowiz Bless Studio (NBS), have been working on the two issues, but figured out that more time is required to achieve the satisfactory condition.

This additional development period was not aligned with AGs’ business milestone, and of course we respect AG’s opinions. Thus, both parties have agreed to terminate the publishing contract of Bless in EU/NA.

[Deleted User]ForgrimmLucienRene[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonMabushii

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Actually I am quoting the only person I know that has extensive time playing the game on Korean servers. He says that the server problems are minor and that the combat system problems have been ironed out long ago.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

GladDog said:

Actually I am quoting the only person I know that has extensive time playing the game on Korean servers. He says that the server problems are minor and that the combat system problems have been ironed out long ago.

Then he must know something even the developers don't since they sent us this statement earlier today.
    KylerancribettAzaron_NightbladeMabushii

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Very excited! Thank you!
    MrMelGibson
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    I'm hoping they work things through and produce a reasonable game. Why wouldn't mmo fans want this?
    So take time, get it right, then let's have an open beta of the improved version.
    MrMelGibson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lets be honest, not really anyone is heartbroken that plans fell through with AG.
    OzmodanAlomar
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    By the time this game is out, it would be obsolete.
    We already have Archeage and BDO, is this game offering anything new?

I also heard that they now have only 1 Server in Korea, not even Koreans like this game which says a lot.

Alomar

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    ste2000 said:
    By the time this game is out, it would be obsolete.
    We already have Archeage and BDO, is this game offering anything new?

I also heard that they now have only 1 Server in Korea, not even Koreans like this game which says a lot.

True, but if there are as many technical issues as there seems to be, that could be the reason for the dislike.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    MMORPGs need to do more than just have decent graphics and flashy combat to be good.

From what I saw of Bless' combat system a year ago, it was atrocious. Fake action combat, essentially.

I've seen a bunch of TERA-like games, be it in UI, graphics, combat or a combination of the three. Most.. don't seem to be worth playing.

Why's it so hard to a well rounded quality MMO? Why do developers keep wasting their time pushing out essentially crap made solely to get money from people? I don't get it.

Still haven't found a game with as good of a combat system as Vindictus. Can only wonder how much longer we have to wait until one comes out..
    RemyVorenderMaquiame
  • alaadaralaadar Member UncommonPosts: 29
    One can only cry wolf so many times.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited June 2017
    One can only cry wolf so many times.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    just bring me something to play,Black desert is IP locked for a lot of counties we has nothing to play!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    To be honest ... Aeria refusing to publish it in the West caught my interest.
    I want to experience this train wreck myself out of morbid curiosity.

MrMelGibsonMabushii
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    SBFord said:

GladDog said:

Then he must know something even the developers don't since they sent us this statement earlier today.
      Monetization is a concern for the publisher the game play issues are not as bad as it is made out to be. This is a save face decision as is the Asian way. ;)

Only because its you would I even partially accept this explanation. ;)

I find it hard to believe this game is being held up over disagreements in monetization.

Hey, maybe RGs team Pothole Games (or whatever) will consider publishing as their first new venture.
    SBFordConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    edited June 2017

Dakeru said:

To be honest ... Aeria refusing to publish it in the West caught my interest.
    I want to experience this train wreck myself out of morbid curiosity.

Yeah me too. I have issue with the statement of them refusing to bring this game over due to game tech issues...

...I have played quite a few of their games and frankly they all had some pretty bad server code and tech issues not to mention crap combat so while that may be a factor I think gladdog may have a point as AG just love their p2w and are not shy about it.

Seems more like them not being able to agree on multiple levels rather than just on the two they mention while avoiding the rest, probably for PR reasons.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Well I have played the game and loved it.

Glad to hear its still coming.
    [Deleted User]Sovrath
  • ReservoirShugoReservoirShugo Member UncommonPosts: 3
    for all that there are obvious issues with BLESS tbh I am 100% glad that Aeria games will not be publishing it as they would had p2w the crap out of it until it died it's death
    MikehaMrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    SBFord said:

GladDog said:

Monetization is a concern for the publisher the game play issues are not as bad as it is made out to be. This is a save face decision as is the Asian way. ;)

IDK much about Bless' business model. What's concerning about the monetization? 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED