Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm playing Archeage.. despite all the hate.

1234568»

Comments

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Ozmodan said:
    Eldurian said:
    I've explained this in other topics but people say you can dump hundreds/thousands to be the best. That's not how it works out in reality though. An active player doing good content makes the equivalent of hundreds of dollars per month. Coming in late to the game would require you to spend thousands to catch up to a player who's never spent anything beyond their patron fees and been an active player.

Theoretically it's possible but... that's not really how it plays out.

The true upper class of ArcheAge at this point fall into one of three categories generally:

1. People in one of the top guilds that have own castles and win world events.
    2. People who are really good at playing the auction house.
    3. People who have a bazillion alts they pay for with APEX they bought with gold to run one man hauler trains.

The funny part is if you compare this to EVE, a game nobody accuses of being pay to win:

1. People in one of the top alliances that own sovereignty and can do the best content.
    2. People who are really good at playing the market.
    3. People who have a bazillion alts they pay for in PLEX they bought with ISK to run one man mining fleets.

In both those games you can buy APEX and PLEX with real world money then sell it for in-game currency to get ahead. And in both those games the reality is that it's very rare to see someone who has gotten to the top just on APEX and PLEX.

Also, owning a bunch of land as one player with one account is something you don't really see because the tax rate increases massively for each piece of land on your account. People who fall into category 3 are the land barons that own a bazillion properties. And it's hard to nerf that because there is no way to tell the difference between a legit main account and someone's alt account.
    That is about the worst comparison I have ever read on any forum.  You cannot buy your way in Eve in any aspect.  Even the thought is absurd.  You have been drinking too much koolaid.

Getting back to ArchAge, if you are having fun playing it, have at it, but don't try and tell us what a great game it is.  It is flawed in so many ways, it just is not worth the time to list them.  I spent a lot of time in this game despite it's flaws, but in the end just had to give up on it.  This new expansion really changes nothing, they did not address any of the major flaws.  

All the server issues are just hilarious to read about too.
    Not that I think EVE is like AA, but you actually can just buy your way into EVE. All you do is DL the Game, log in and start training. You purchase on PLEX, sell it and buy skills. Other than that you can pretty much be offline for the next 2 years training and soon, youll be just as proficient at your ship as 95% of the other players. I dunno if you call that p2w.. or just plain boring.. Fcuk.. you dont even need to spend a lot of money. Where's the fun in that.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited December 2016
    ste2000 said:
    alakram said:
    I'd recommedn you to sub that way you can buy a piece of land and own a house and a garden. I remember I had a lot of fun.

I had 150 Trees planted (6 Farms) and got 1 Thunderstruck Tree in a month
    Meanwhile people were buying Thunderstruck Trees in the Cash Shop (through boxes) and flooding the market with it, making my only one Tree Worthless.

When you have items in the Cash Shop that fucks the economy, it's not fun at all.
    you couldn't expect that your business was healthy.

That days 1 TS would cost up to 1,5k gold  (with normal people pockets being in thne range of 2 digits).

That wasn't justified to rule that much the economy based on the lucky TS proc.

It was by far the most expensive thing that everyone needed for the first farm cart, it wasn't just right and didnt feklt connected with the rest of the economy.

It felt like a relief for most of players when the cash shop trees entered the marked and now they up for loyalty and or merrit (if i rememebr right) and the price is reasonable.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    ste2000 said:
    alakram said:
    I'd recommedn you to sub that way you can buy a piece of land and own a house and a garden. I remember I had a lot of fun.

I had 150 Trees planted (6 Farms) and got 1 Thunderstruck Tree in a month
    Meanwhile people were buying Thunderstruck Trees in the Cash Shop (through boxes) and flooding the market with it, making my only one Tree Worthless.

When you have items in the Cash Shop that fucks the economy, it's not fun at all.
    The trees are gone from the cash shop never to return.  Where they messed up this time was to allow F2P players access to new servers.  If new players can't even have land they have no business in the opening land rush.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    The fun you can have in Archeage can be summed like KoonKoon said "Creddddiiitt carrrddddooo"

or this classic "I pay that's why I win", which he had shown exactly how countless times on his stream.
    NethKhadar
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    farbege said:
    ste2000 said:

You couldn't expect that your business was healthy.
    That days 1 TS would cost up to 1,5k gold  (with normal people pockets being in thne range of 2 digits).
    It was by far the most expensive thing that everyone needed for the first farm cart, it wasn't just right and didnt feklt connected with the rest of the economy.
    It felt like a relief for most of players when the cash shop trees entered the marked and now they up for loyalty and or merrit (if i rememebr right) and the price is reasonable.
    Or maybe just up the odds of getting a TS through normal farming?
    It took me 1 month to get 1 TS planting 150 trees every 2 days, do you think that's a good drop rate?
    No wonder the Market Place was starved.

But if you think the solution of a specific item shortage is putting it up on the Cash Shop, then you are the problem, no wonder companies have no qualm in stuffing their VS with anything, there is always people like you justifying it.

filmoret said:
    ste2000 said:

The trees are gone from the cash shop never to return.  Where they messed up this time was to allow F2P players access to new servers.  If new players can't even have land they have no business in the opening land rush.
    There is always something with Trion, I don't know what happened to them.
    They used to be rather cool during Rift times.
    I think that's the price to pay for the transition from normal Company to a Corporation.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    ste2000 said:
    farbege said:
    ste2000 said:

You couldn't expect that your business was healthy.
    Or maybe just up the odds of getting a TS through normal farming?
    It took me 1 month to get 1 TS planting 150 trees every 2 days, do you think that's a good drop rate?
    No wonder the Market Place was starved.

But if you think the solution of a specific item shortage is putting it up on the Cash Shop, then you are the problem, no wonder companies have no qualm in stuffing their VS with anything, there is always people like you justifying it.

filmoret said:
    ste2000 said:

There is always something with Trion, I don't know what happened to them.
    They used to be rather cool during Rift times.
    I think that's the price to pay for the transition from normal Company to a Corporation.

Honestly, I never noticed real problems with Trion until they acquired Archeage. Not going to say that Archeage was the reason they went down hill but it definitely happened around that time. Massive amounts of false charges that put banks on high alert because of it. The horrible launch of both 1.0, 2.0, and now 3.0. 150$ packs for >>> almost <<< everything that they try and get. I wouldn't judge the 150$ packs so much if they were based on the quality of the game, but seriously trying to get 150$ for that forgotten genderlocked title Devilian? Please....Now trying to double dip with the fresh start servers because 3.0 "makes it a whole new game now." Its honestly just sad to see them operate at this point. Everyone knew Atlas Reactor would go completely F2P. Trion just always tries to do a pay now approach to hook as many suckers as they can before they switch. They are too predictable at this point.
  • Skitscape10Skitscape10 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Just incase this thread is still being monitored by the guy that started it and considering/still playing AA casually. It gets a lot of hate for it being p2w and sure, it can be at times and all the top people have pumped in a shit tonne of money. Your never going to reach their level as a casual and that's fine. In a 1on1 early your probably going to get your ass kicked because almost everyone has better gear than you. However the progression isn't as bad as some people have made it out to be on this thread, it isn't that hard to make gold and get your gear up to an acceptable standard, all you need to do is ask around for help and people will be willing to help you find ways to make gold that suit you and get gear easier. And the gear isn't overly costly once you have those gold making methods because your pumping out more gold than you wee previously. And while your getting your gear up, the Faction pvp events are good for quenching some of that pvp thirst (unfortunately most of pvp random encounters you will lose early as previously stated most people are higher geared and with more knowhow about their classes than you) where you won't be destroyed as you have a whole bunch of people there to help you. I personally think AA gets way too much hate because the great thing about it is that you can do w/e the fuck you want and get out of it what you want. You can grind away the pve content, become a Farmville, create a sick house or w/e floats your boat. Sure, it is slightly p2w but you don't have to participate in that shit if you don't want to and even then, you can progress just fine as a f2p (patron is ideal to get just fyi) and as a casual. If you get bored then so be it, you just played it casually so you didn't invest much into it. I personally believe AA is still a great game that you can enjoy for endless hours.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I was chatting to a player in another game a few weeks ago, and they claimed to be making €800 per month from RMT in Archeage, so the game must have a healthy population. Not to mention wealthy... :wink:
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited June 2017
    raystantz said:
    LOL, one of the servers is under maintenance yet again and the other still has a 2000+ queue that hasn't budged all day. P2login.

One thing to note is that Trion is merely the US publisher for Archeage and NOT the developer. They only have so much say in what happens and really are just facilitators for the US market. They've said before, that anything they do has to go through XL games first, so I don't think Trion should be solely getting all the blame for everything, even though they always do.
    It's just that when you pay for stuff, you credit card statement says TRION. 

But it is amazing that this game, as long as it's been out now and as long as all these issues have been rehashed, still gets an 8-page thread going. Even if this is a bit of a necro.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I guess Hate is easier to spell than Disappointment. :p
    SBFordKyleran
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I got to level 30 and completely lost interest
  • DesolothDesoloth Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    filmoret said:
    As a casual you can make a little sailboat.  You can't own land, or you can but it won't be easy to maintain as casual player.  Don't try to craft anything.  Explore and run around just having fun.  If you try to make gold then you will end up frustrated and empty bank account.

And believe me the archeage hate is well deserved.

No, it's not. I'm a casual player and I never paid a single cent
    I have a patron account by buying apex and making gold out of trade runs. Just focus and play well and you're done

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Then you'll hate when I say the game didn't really open up for me until I hit level 35 and joined a good guild.

But this was in the Alpha days.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Kyleran said:
    Then you'll hate when I say the game didn't really open up for me until I hit level 35 and joined a good guild.

But this was in the Alpha days.....
    The really sad part is, during Alpha, the game was awesome, it was so much fun in fact, I bought one of the Archeum packs.

It all went downhill from there, game during headstart / release was utter crap in comparison.
    Viper482Kyleran

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I couldn't help but notice ArcheAge is trending again, this has peeked my interest a bit.

I can't help but wonder if my Character(s) are even still there, because i haven't played since the first few Months of it's original launch, and I've heard that the servers have been moved around and merged a couple times since then.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Last time I tried Arche Age not too long ago the server was dead, and Trion screwed the whole game up by screwing up PVP Ganking mechanics of Guild vs Guild warfare with no countdown other than spamming peace treaty, and going on about the game (Fresh Start Servers) were a mistake and tore the whole game and community apart...

Game sadly isn't worth playing no matter the way you look at it with the proper changes absolutely, but with Trion in charge no wait for Ashes OF Creation, or go play Dark Fall trust me even Dark Fall is better than Arche Age.
  • KelarleeKelarlee Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited June 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Last time I tried Arche Age not too long ago the server was dead, and Trion screwed the whole game up by screwing up PVP Ganking mechanics of Guild vs Guild warfare with no countdown other than spamming peace treaty, and going on about the game (Fresh Start Servers) were a mistake and tore the whole game and community apart...

Game sadly isn't worth playing no matter the way you look at it with the proper changes absolutely, but with Trion in charge no wait for Ashes OF Creation, or go play Dark Fall trust me even Dark Fall is better than Arche Age.
    I understand your rage against Trion but i want to tell you a little story about russian servers. First of all russian publisher in russian mmo community has a rank as  "the most greedy" among all the rest publishers. And when Trion launches ArchAge, russian publisher already made this game P2W piece of sh***. After some research i understand one thing - it is not publisher fault that game has so many P2W options, i think all rules are dictated by the developer of the game who as we know XL Games. So in my opinion publishers cant remove P2W shop unless developer will not allow it.
    P.S. As player who played on russian and EU servers i can say only one difference - localisation on russian servers more polished, NPC's do not have Korean voiceovers and all translated on russian. But on the other hand russian servers full of bots, and publisher give a sh*** on this. I even made video proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7L3iYqNRI  and send a ticket to publisher but even after 2 month there's no reation at all. In EU servers i didnt noticed so critical situation as on russian servers.