POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• MendelMendel Marietta, GAMember RarePosts: 1,846
    One feature I wanted but was unable to find, is the ability to mark a single thread as Viewed.  I looked at it once, long ago and it now shows 240 additional comments.  I've no interest in that thread anymore, but the Thread Has New Content tried to bring my attention to it again and again.

The only Thread View applies to the entire forum.  Some granularity would be appreciated.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,597
    I just noticed the ignore list as been severely limited, only 5 ignores available...
    Could you restore a much higher value please? Like at least 50ish?
    Kyleran
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAMember EpicPosts: 6,046
    First of all, using Chrome on Win10, but appears issue is also on Chrome OS X.

Two issues related to Agree/Awesome/etc buttons on a post

The first deals with posts that I have made. I can see if someone has clicked something, and it appears there's a little icon that's supposed to indicate what they clicked, but I'm old with tired eyes and I can't differentiate between them. Before it would just pop up the button with a click count, and if I rolled over the button, it showed me who clicked it. Now I can't see the buttons at all (I do realize the buttons only appear on rollover now, they don't show up at all for posts I have made), and I just get a few of these icons.

Second, those icons. For posts from other people, when they don't have a signature or there is no Edit flag (like in the above picture) -- the icons overlap the text of the thread.

KyleranVrikabartoni33timtrackScotchUp
  • waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,680
    I just noticed the ignore list as been severely limited, only 5 ignores available...

I'd say get rid of the ignore list.  It is more social that way.
    KyleranRidelynn
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,666
    waynejr2 said:

Foul, forced grouping is unfair. ;)
    waynejr2Ridelynn

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,680
    Kyleran said:
    waynejr2 said:

Foul, forced grouping is unfair. ;)

They could a setting for each user that opts out of being on a ignore lists!
    Ridelynn
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,388
    Please move text up a line so it isn't covered by these unnecessary reaction icons.
    bartoni33

• NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,248
    After the transition the Ignore List kinda broke.

The limit is off, I had some people on my ignore that were banned, so I want there to make a cleaning - and when I started the "limit" of ignores went down to a point I had 250% on my "ignoring limit".

So, I don't know what is going on with that.

Is ignore list size increased by past meta mechanics like badges and ranks?

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • goemoegoemoe HannoverMember UncommonPosts: 212
    I don't get alerts and newsletters for quite some time now. The last one has been the Jan 31, 2017. I tried to unsub, close everything relogg and sub again. I don't get any more mails from mmorpg.com
  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,248
    I just got 3 years badge. I know you guys must be fixing it and could be a temporary thing, just to warn you guys that this acc does not have even that amount of time, so Idk, must be an error.
    SomethingUnusual

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 518
    Nyctelios said:
    I just got 3 years badge. I know you guys must be fixing it and could be a temporary thing, just to warn you guys that this acc does not have even that amount of time, so Idk, must be an error.
    Same here. Aug 2015 to today is definitely not 3 years. Not even half. 

Death stalks me... Well, figuratively that is. I get killed and people take my stuff.

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Joined February, 7th 2017 got 3 years badge lol
  • HatefullHatefull Member RarePosts: 1,473
    Joined June 2004...just got my 3 year badge....yeah...
    Kyleran

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,666
    Well I joined in 2006 and am up to a five year badge.

Oh yes, and "1000" posts badges as well. (maybe that's for all of the LOLs @gdemami gave me on the old site?) ;)
    waynejr2bartoni33

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goemoegoemoe HannoverMember UncommonPosts: 212
    What about a 10, 11, 12, 13 ... years badge? Would this qualify to get alerts and newsletters? :p
  • klash2defklash2def Member RarePosts: 852
    Ookay so my badges and reactions all reset to zero.. I know you guys are doing stuff but just thought I'd mention. 
    Angry Chicken
    USMC 2nd Mar Div/RCT 2/2nd LAR (Veteran)
    Music Supervisor
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 134
    edited June 25
    Recently changed my name which seems to have reset all my badges, then redistributed only some of them.  I joined December 2005 but only received up to the 5 year badge.  Previously had Ancient.  Or maybe the name change was incidental and I just didn't notice the badges disappeared?  Since others have the same issue this may be the case.
    Post edited by matcat on
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member RarePosts: 1,774
    When typing a post, hitting Enter does nothing.  It doesn't advance me to the next line.
  • curacura Member UncommonPosts: 1,103
    Can't see my anniversary badges, beyound fifth one.
  • ElvocElvoc Member UncommonPosts: 335
    I notice that when i respond or post in the forums now and someone comes along and agrees or clicks one of the buttons on the bottom, I cant tell what they did because all i see in my post at the bottom left corner is the "Quote button and the first couple of pictures are buried under it.
  • kacongmaniakacongmania Member CommonPosts: 1
    I'm using Google Chrome.

EDIT: If you edit your post, and toggle full page, you get black text on black backround./EDIT
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/438132/post-new-forum-bugs-issues-here#5x15qq5vU4CiQwtU.99

• renjorenjo Member CommonPosts: 2
    babe togo mogo
  • timtracktimtrack StockholmMember UncommonPosts: 495
    edited July 12
    Ridelynn said:
    First of all, using Chrome on Win10, but appears issue is also on Chrome OS X.

Two issues related to Agree/Awesome/etc buttons on a post

The first deals with posts that I have made. I can see if someone has clicked something, and it appears there's a little icon that's supposed to indicate what they clicked, but I'm old with tired eyes and I can't differentiate between them. Before it would just pop up the button with a click count, and if I rolled over the button, it showed me who clicked it. Now I can't see the buttons at all (I do realize the buttons only appear on rollover now, they don't show up at all for posts I have made), and I just get a few of these icons.

Second, those icons. For posts from other people, when they don't have a signature or there is no Edit flag (like in the above picture) -- the icons overlap the text of the thread.

This has been there for a while now. It's a super easy fix to at least stop the overlapping, then you can fix the fundamental problem later if you want:

.MessageList .Item-BodyWrap .Message {
      padding: 10px 45px 60px 10px;
    }

For anyone who wants it fixed, use a custom css browser extension and just add the code above for this domain.
    Post edited by timtrack on
  • ste2000ste2000 londonMember EpicPosts: 6,194
    We need Text Colors.

• mkguru315mkguru315 Member CommonPosts: 1

We recently moved over to open source Vanilla forums. If you are experiencing any issues, please post them here.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/categories#SX8a7xfwsDU7r0j5.99