Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for my next MMORPG

FilDTFilDT Member CommonPosts: 1
edited June 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Hi, I've been playing Runescape for a long time (especially oldschool for the past 4 years) and I still like the game but after 9 years of playing on and off I feel like I've done most of the things that can be done in the game and it's becoming a bit boring so I'm looking to move on another MMORPG.

I'm looking for something that is already big and popular with a big community. I also enjoy a lot the politics aspect like being in a guild, fighting against other clans and doing activities with your clanmates. I also prefer group pve or pvp in general over solo pve that I find a bit boring. Grinding doesn't really bother me as long as I can clearly see the results. Graphics are not really important for me either, I have enough space on my computer for good graphics but I don't really mind if they suck. Also I'm kind of young (18 years old) so if there's alot of people of around my age that would be nice but it's not really an important criteria.

So please if you have any suggestions write them below!

Comments

• redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited June 2017
    Hmm, politics and fighting against other clans in a group setting, sound like Eve might be up your alley .  I couldn't get into the game myself but it might be an option anyway

Or maybe one of the darkfall reboots?
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Albion 
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Elysium Project

• fun open world pvp
    • minimum asshat gankers that get enjoyment from just ruining your play experience
    • solid frame rate and latency
    • all about the community
    • bustling with tons of peeps...i was very surprised at the number of peeps playing
    • free...i mean really free unless you choose to donate
    • no cash shop shenanigans
    I'm so glad I found this and gave it a try. This still provides more compelling game play than anything I have tried over the last decade. I could go on, but really, give this one a few weeks of your time and make your on judgement.
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Master X master really get me excite
    BruceYee

• 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Lineage is a good game

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Lheiah said:
    Elysium Project

• fun open world pvp
    • minimum asshat gankers that get enjoyment from just ruining your play experience
    • solid frame rate and latency
    • all about the community
    • bustling with tons of peeps...i was very surprised at the number of peeps playing
    • free...i mean really free unless you choose to donate
    • no cash shop shenanigans
    I'm so glad I found this and gave it a try. This still provides more compelling game play than anything I have tried over the last decade. I could go on, but really, give this one a few weeks of your time and make your on judgement.
    i get some "cloudfire" message about the site being down.  AOBTD?
    This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    13thBen said:
    Lineage is a good game

and yet you don't specify which Lineage.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    FilDT said:
    Hi, I've been playing Runescape for a long time (especially oldschool for the past 4 years) and I still like the game but after 9 years of playing on and off I feel like I've done most of the things that can be done in the game and it's becoming a bit boring so I'm looking to move on another MMORPG.

I'm looking for something that is already big and popular with a big community. I also enjoy a lot the politics aspect like being in a guild, fighting against other clans and doing activities with your clanmates. I also prefer group pve or pvp in general over solo pve that I find a bit boring. Grinding doesn't really bother me as long as I can clearly see the results. Graphics are not really important for me either, I have enough space on my computer for good graphics but I don't really mind if they suck. Also I'm kind of young (18 years old) so if there's alot of people of around my age that would be nice but it's not really an important criteria.

So please if you have any suggestions write them below!
    ArcheAge. For the reasons bolded and underlined.

Active community if you play on the right server. Intensely political and grouping / cooperation is important.

You also have a lot more build customization options than you would in your general themepark which I assume you will appreciate coming from Runescape. Instead of a class you pick three skill trees and select the skills you want from each tree. So there are dozens of potential mixes and generally some room to move skill points around a bit within the viable builds.

The main drawback is the gear grind. It has a very long gear grind which causes a lot of disparity issues in a PvP game. If you are ok with that then there is no good reason not to recommend that game.
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited June 2017
    try ragnarok online, and RO2.. this game never dies :)

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
  • 1AD71AD7 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Would like to recommend Pantheon.  Won't be out for awhile yet but the community is growing strong.