Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Blizzard's Next Game? Shooter? Survival? Adventure? - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWhat's Blizzard's Next Game? Shooter? Survival? Adventure? - MMORPG.com News

A trio of job ads on the Blizzard site is causing some speculative thinking over at NeoGaf. Each of the three are looking for people with experience with in "first person" game design.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds... quite possible, Ark... highly doubt it.
    From what we've seen in the past 2-3 years it's obvious that Blizzard is trying to release at least 1 game in each major genre and PU's Battlegrounds is definitely the best option in my opinion.
    Musket-SquidPhixion13subxaerowinghaven1
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Who knows, maybe they've decided they need their own Elder Scrolls like game.
    Iselin

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited June 2017
    Bliz needs to get into VR already. a first person, moba VR title....heck yea! mkey tks bye.
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    A warcraft based adventure game ALA ESO, with Coop features of some sort and some sort of dynamic match making and global events that can propagate accross multiple servers. 
    SlyLoK

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited June 2017
    some kind of adventure shooter sounds interesting diablo themed survival game would also be really cool
    ConstantineMerus
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    World of BLACKTHORNE !! Yes, you heard it boyz!

timtrackMrMelGibson

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    WoW mobile Rts on all platforms.

Followed by a straight RPG
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Surivival. Maybe they even launch it on Steam early access. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ZergyZergy Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Starcraft: Ghost?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Distopia said:

An Elder Scrolls like game within the Warcraft universe. I would buy that game on every platforms just to show my appreciation. That universe has enough lore to become an Elder Scrolls like series of single player games in third person/first person open world.

But dreaming is free :(
    DistopiaMrMelGibson

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    I'd say they decided to revive Starcraft Ghost, but they'd never miss the chance to show off Novas (or anyones for that matter) butt, so "first person" kinda rules that out.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    whatever it is it will look like a cartoon no doubt
    Jakdstripper

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited June 2017
    [Insert A Cool Last Man Standing Game Title Here] Blizzard Edition
  • KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Diablo Souls.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    It's gonna be a survival game based on Warcraft lore.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    This sounds interesting. I'd certainly be excited for what Blizzard could do with a single player/co-op type RPG.
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Whatever it is, it will secretly be money grabbing and it will lack sincere depth or originality. Just sayin... Fans will make it #1 just for being a Blizz title or liking the cosplay more than the game itself. It's not crazy to compare Blizz fans to being the Apple fans of the gaming world - and I assume the same issues will arise.
    Kyleranblack_isle
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I don't care what Blizzard does. Once the upcoming MMOs like Ashes of Creation, Pantheon and Chronicles of Elyria come out, people will be like "Blizzard who?".

Just like past predecessors, even Blizzard will have to make room for the next big thing.
    MrMelGibsonHatefull

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Avanah said:
    I don't care what Blizzard does. Once the upcoming MMOs like Ashes of Creation, Pantheon and Chronicles of Elyria come out, people will be like "Blizzard who?".

Just like past predecessors, even Blizzard will have to make room for the next big thing.

A WoW killer post? Did we just time travel to 2005? 
    MrMelGibsonsschrupp
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to expand the Overwatch world and make a Destiny style Overwatch mmo/FPS.  Just my guess.
    Hatefull
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Nyctelios said:
    I think will be either a port of some old game for mobile or an HD version of it - or a new IP.
    That's a good guess.  Blizzard hasn't really impacted mobile yet.  And mobile is only growing.  They would be fools to avoid it.
    Hatefull
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Warcraft 4? Seems about time for that now.
    MrMelGibsonConstantineMerusIceAgeHatefull
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    World of Starcraft :wink:
    MrMelGibsonsschrupp
  • subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Imo they are going for a Battle Royal and that would be a wise choise.PUBG after its release has more than impressive numbers its beend around 2nd in twitch even surprussing hearthstone most of the time. In contrast with other games that have a 10 days burst due to release the player-nase is growing.

Add to that there arent many titles at that genre and genrally not huge investements. I would bet my money on a Battle Royal and that would be great news
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    probably some mobile game, that's the ultimate milking scheme there is and we all know how blizzo loves to milk its fanbase.
    mrputts