Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Month-In-Review (June 2017)

ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
At current glance, I am experienced yay!!!
I´ve beaten the final dungeon (Mech Citadel 3*) in this version until Level 79 Patch.
I've done PvP and won some, lost some....

But.. what is this? 
Servers are merging together.

?
??
???
??
?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even half a year!~
and there go half the servers bye bye..

What a shame, because this game sure is pretty! 
Its animations are solid and it was a breath of fresh air. 
That is until one dives deep into the game and finds that its PvP is extremely randomized; and its highly P2W!

Take it from someone who has blown over a thousand so far. 
Don't feel bad for me...
I know plenty who popped 2K+ to cap every aspect of their character. 

Oh you, with your stare down my throat *like what!!!???" you ask? 

Most games we progress by Character Attributes and Gear. Simple right? 
This one has attributes all over the place such as:

~Raw Attribute Builds
~Soul Grid
~Character Cultivation (gotta join a guild to unlock the means to get permanently stronger)
~Gear (Awakening + Socket Drilling)
~Guild Buffs *max based on your guild level*
~Food Buffs
~PvE and PvP Marks
~Special Skill Leveling

The P2W is so real that there is this super cute board game called 'Fairy Funland' where all the elite players "Cheat" the game by buying out enough 1-point cards in order to run every square! Imagine if we could control our own dice in monopoly or parcheesi, just how fun it would be!

Even that chick Dulfy, 
who spends her time writing guides bigger than my car manual
is in on that game. 

Good or Evil?
Not that I care....
Just a thought...

Complaints from their main forums have covered my own gripes...

1) Some parts still remain untranslated from the original CN version
2) Incorrect answers to some trivia questions are accepted as correct answers 
3) Declining Morale
4) Rapid Drop in population

I feel the pendulum is at its opposite end as it was many years ago. Where during a time one had to P2P and log-in for long periods of time and hope for a good drop to sell on Ebay, today one F2Ps and spends more than an old P2P to stay serious. Where one had to learn classes and go through a lot over a period of a year, one just caps anywhere from a week to a month on button mashing and brute-forcing entire games. Couldn't win back then? Bring your friends... and watch the boss wipe them out. Can't win today? Just pay the cash shop a bit and you won't need a party to kill that boss!

Revelation Online is a pretty game in my eyes, but its ruined by My.Com itself and the sheer programming that is all about monetizing as much of the game as possible. Like I said before... I've spent over a thousand already. F2P feels like a genre for Adults who can afford to play the game. I will continue playing, but its a game I play now to protect my investment and spend time with those I've met and become accustomed to. 

Its a game I no longer recommend to others. 

As a friend pointed out to me

"The world is not a fair world to live in and Revelation Online simulates our world. People do not play in order to be fair. They play to win and they will do so with whatever currency or advantage they can lay claim to. The game wasn't going to be monetized on PvE and no one takes a game without PvP seriously. At the very end of the day, the game amounts to two things.

A) Completing as many dailies as possible.
B) Everything else...

Ratings from myself
Hype: 4 out of 5
CBT 1 - 2: 3.5 out of 5 
CBT3: 3 out of 5 (decision to keep it open longer than normal AFTER players made their peace really created a lot of tension) 
Open Beta: 2 out of 5 (almost nothing was fixed
Present Day (3 Months Later): 1.5 out of 5 (they keep adding more, but it has almost no benefit, or its out of order with standard character progression).
Current Day (Pending Server Merger and Server Reset): 1 out of 5 (This game really went downhill fast) 

My advice: Enjoy the characters....but if you want a real experience with this game, play the CN version and skip this one!
Kyleranjimmywolf

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Your post was both insightful and sad at the same time.

Question to ask yourself, what, if anything did you learn from this?

No right or wrong answers.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon