Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internal Company Files Being Held for Ransom by Hackers - Cyberpunk 2077 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageInternal Company Files Being Held for Ransom by Hackers - Cyberpunk 2077 - MMORPG.com

Cyberpunk 2077 News - CD Projekt Red has issued a statement after discovering that internal documents related to Cyberpunk 2077 are being held "hostage" by a hacker group. The unidentified group is asking for a "ransom" to be paid or they will release the documents online.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    What a bunch of scumbags. The hackers, not CD-PR.
    KyleranAlomarAzaron_NightbladeConstantineMerusArskaaaKanethAsheramMrMelGibsonlaxierojoArcueidand 1 other.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    edited June 2017
    ransom ware shit is the new trend, hopefully this is some RP prank and we get some big announcement for E3, this game is going to be a big HIT, can't wait for it <3
    SovrathInfern
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    edited June 2017
    to be removed, fail edit
    DixieNormus13
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    We should stop calling these folks hackers, too legitimate of a term.

Criminals would work, terrorists being a bit over the top.
    SovrathIceAgeScellowSomArroyoAlomarArskaaaKanethScorchien[Deleted User]Asheramand 7 others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Seems like someone in the office has been watching adult sites :O
    ShodanasBitterClingerScellowCrazKanukMrMelGibsonrodingoSteelhelm
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Let me guess, the hackers will hack into a video feed inside E3 and broadcast a professionally edited presentation of the Cyberpunk 2077 information.
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    effin nerds
    SovrathWaanMrMelGibson
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    This screams in game plot
    FelixMajorMrMelGibson
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I cant wait to see the hacked footage at E3
    LeFantome
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Marketing campaign just started, so...
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Won't releasing the files just make everyone really excited?
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    We are so effing jaded lol
    MadFrenchie
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    They could have a scandal that shook the very foundation of their company and I'd still buy their next project after TW3. If I can resist watching leaked GOT episodes these little criminals won't spoil much for me.
    CrazKanuk
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So obviously they have a lot of money from the Witcher series.So i would expect they have a top notch security team,so then HOW,it would be nearly impossible without some inside help.So is it an inside job,is it even legit or the game has less interest than they figured so perhaps an insurance scam.
    Perhaps they have or are using outside resources that have access to their offices/computers?It just seems far too far fetched for me to believe,much like the often used DDOS attacks some devs were using the past 2 years.

http://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-says-theres-currently-no-actual-threat-of-hostile-takeover/

A bit of an interesting read from back in November,putting forth a scenario of a hostile takeover to it's shareholders as well other voting restrictions and a vote to sell back shares to the company.

Once i start hearing about stuff like shares and possible takeovers,i get real suspicious of intentions and what is going on behind closed doors.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    So obviously they have a lot of money from the Witcher series.So i would expect they have a top notch security team,so then HOW,it would be nearly impossible without some inside help.So is it an inside job,is it even legit or the game has less interest than they figured so perhaps an insurance scam.
    Perhaps they have or are using outside resources that have access to their offices/computers?It just seems far too far fetched for me to believe,much like the often used DDOS attacks some devs were using the past 2 years.

http://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-says-theres-currently-no-actual-threat-of-hostile-takeover/

A bit of an interesting read from back in November,putting forth a scenario of a hostile takeover to it's shareholders as well other voting restrictions and a vote to sell back shares to the company.

Once i start hearing about stuff like shares and possible takeovers,i get real suspicious of intentions and what is going on behind closed doors.
    Just curious, does the sun ever shine on your planet? ;)
    MrMelGibsonlaseritRidelynnConstantineMerusVrikaDakeruAvarixZombieCatScorchienzenomex

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Kyleran said:
    Wizardry said:

Just curious, does the sun ever shine on your planet? ;)

Pretty sure you already know the answer to that lol.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Better they target video game company's instead of hospitals like they did a few weeks ago, that was a real scumbag move.
    KyleranMrMelGibsonlaserit
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    Better they target video game company's instead of hospitals like they did a few weeks ago, that was a real scumbag move.
    Well yeah, those folks could have caused real harm, they get the terrorist label.
    MrMelGibson

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Kyleran said:

Asshats would work too.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Stay strong CD Projekt Red!!
    F***** these "Hackers" or whatever they called.

Looking forward to a great Game, with or without that "Leak", idc.
    rojoArcueid
    As long as they didn't lock up the source code or something 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Wizardry said:

Ever heard of Ransomware? Or have you been living under a rock the last couple of years?
  • SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

Let me guess, the hackers will hack into a video feed inside E3 and broadcast a professionally edited presentation of the Cyberpunk 2077 information.

EXACTLY, why is no one else seeing this for what it is....lulz, marketing =D
    chojin2k
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:

Like ive been saying for long time, we need to start jailin these POS , its nothing that 14 months in the GP wont fix and begin to deter.. imo
    MrMelGibson
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Wizardry said:

Hot off the presses...transcript taken from McCain's questioning of Comey today ^......
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibsonComanIselinZombieCat

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson