Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - Erenor Eternal Provides New Ways to Have Fun - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageArcheAge - Erenor Eternal Provides New Ways to Have Fun - MMORPG.com

Erenor Eternal is a huge content expansion coming to ArcheAge later today. It features overhauled systems as well as new locations for players to explore. I had the chance to chat with Senior Producer Merv Lee Kwai about Erenor Eternal and what it means to players and to the game itself.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Hansemann1234Hansemann1234 Member CommonPosts: 1
    A really wicked new car has been added - the Rampage B200.--------------------

every other region gets a ticket and we get the middle finger thx trion
  • MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    The promise of simplified crafting with reduced RNG is misleading. All they did was add additional RNG at other steps in the process. The way they are handling the new car's release is appalling. Erenor Eternal looks good from a distance but up close it's just a heap of junk.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    credit card POWAA
    onelesslight

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017
    Not becoming a whale on that game again waste of over $1000 and 2 years of my time.

Trion can't be trusted.
    MrMelGibsonGdemami
  • GeorgeNoXGeorgeNoX Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Just crafted timber coupe a month ago before hoping we would be able to upgrade it to B200 like people in other regions can. I got shafted like so many others by Trion once again. They once again went with another cash grab instead of pleasing their playerbase
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This is like someone poisoning your food for 3 years, and then offering to give you some water and a blanket at year 4.

Crafting gear was only part of the problem, it's the stupid regrade and gem RNG and how heavily important gear quality/gear score is on the OWPVP and the P2W fallout that happens due to this. It's more of the same.

What they pulled with the Timber Coupes was super foul but I suspect it has to do with how trade runs are conducted now and the time/speed meta that is now involved.

Would love to hear reactions from writers who actually play the game though. Enough with the "Don'tCareBears" and fluff promo pieces man.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would love to hear reactions from writers who actually play the game though. Enough with the "Don'tCareBears" and fluff promo pieces man.

I doubt any still play. I'm lucky to see anyone for hours while roaming around on my server. It's like a ghost town.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • ManawydanManawydan Member UncommonPosts: 10
    "Erenor Eternal Provides New Ways to Have Fun*"

*Fun is a registered trademark of Trion Worlds and XLgames. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

:(
    SpottyGekkowingoodKyleranMrMelGibsononelesslight
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'm on the Fresh Start servers and the Swipe Lords got epic buffs, free farmed the server, then quit out of boredom. They will come back just long enough to 2 shot everyone with Erenor/Primordial Grade sets and take off in about a month or so. Then somebody from MMORPG will write about how it's all good because they pull potatoes and run GHA for fun.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346

Renoaku said:

Not becoming a whale on that game again waste of over $1000 and 2 years of my time.

Trion can't be trusted.

Trion is not responsible to monetization of item shop. Take it to the devs. In every region game is cash grab.
    SBFord
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I will say that picked an interesting time to do this patch, doing it during prime time game hours...
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Renoaku said:

Trion can't be trusted.
    1000$ does not make you a Whale , it will make you a small porpoise tho:)

But i agree with you
    MrMelGibsononelesslightJDis25
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Is the community still a toxic cesspool? I loved Archeage, but could not deal with the cash shop and the toxic people.
    onelesslight

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ive never had trouble finding good guilds and good people in AA .. Cant stand the paywall you will eventually hit , And the horrible dailies at end game that you must do .... There is a good game in there .... parts of one anyhow , But i wont be trying it again ..
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    yep parts of a good game and parts of worst I've ever played.  
    Trion finally decided to let the players know that they would not be providing an upgrade path for the original cars to be upgraded to the new cars. Every other ArcheAge region had this. Only NA and EU are being forced to start over and an entirely new car at about a cost of 30,000 gold with the new increased 3.5 costs. They are also selling them already built for $150 or $360 in the alternate color schemes.
    MrMelGibson
  • bigb671bigb671 Member UncommonPosts: 22

aliven said:

Renoaku said:

Trion can't be trusted.

Trion is not responsible to monetization of item shop. Take it to the devs. In every region game is cash grab.

Yes they are
    http://i.imgur.com/Yb1Kuy7.png
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Mental/visual issues again, I keep misreading the title as ArcheAge: Errors Eternal.

Must be the font they use here. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited June 2017
    It's amazing how mismanagement and greed can spoil a good thing. The hype this game had during it's alpha, they could have made this game great and made MORE money doing it. Oh well.
    Post edited by JDis25 on
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Yeah, that car in the 150$ bundle only, was a douche move plus they are editting many of the complaints about it on their official forums. I wonder why...Its almost like clock work that every major patch will have a 150$ bundle with it from Trion though.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    damn shame really.....archeage is a mechanically fun game....cash shop is just too intrusive
  • valoizvaloiz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited June 2017

This is like someone poisoning your food for 3 years, and then offering to give you some water and a blanket at year 4.

Crafting gear was only part of the problem, it's the stupid regrade and gem RNG and how heavily important gear quality/gear score is on the OWPVP and the P2W fallout that happens due to this. It's more of the same.

What they pulled with the Timber Coupes was super foul but I suspect it has to do with how trade runs are conducted now and the time/speed meta that is now involved.

Well regrade have better chances now and shows the % of succes before trying Thats a plus and on 3.7 will come many 100% chance gems to socket. I am a F2P player (not evn 1$) and no alters and still manage to get 5K GS (on fesh start) playing a few hours daily. The main flat in this game is the comunity, usually can be toxic and agrresive.