Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - All Aboard the WvW Hype Train! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Guild Wars 2 - All Aboard the WvW Hype Train! - MMORPG.com

This Guild Wars 2 update has so far gotten a huge deal of attention in the game’s community, and is highly anticipated as both a population boost and quality of life change for the game mode that players have been begging after. Before the patch, I’m going to explain the best ways to get your rewards, what to do as a new player to WvW, as well as a small sneak peek at the tier 3 armor.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    They are on the good path, but WvW requiere more drastic changes to stay relevant for the next years
    Viper482
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    This is merely a result of years of neglect. WvW was advertised as the focus of end game content for GW2 when it was in development, only to be the red-headed stepchild for years after. Too little too late.
    Sasori_japProfGetzMankz
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Sasori_japSasori_jap Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited June 2017

Viper482 said:

This is merely a result of years of neglect. WvW was advertised as the focus of end game content for GW2 when it was in development, only to be the red-headed stepchild for years after. Too little too late.

WvsW was never advertised as the focus of end game for GW2, it was considered as end game by alot of players though at the early days of release before fractals, raids, collections etc.

That armor though is sick, might even abandon my quest for the legendary one for this.
    Viper482ProfGetzMankz
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    GW2 is dead. I dont know wtf happend to this game, it changed into a barby dress world. Wtf are those wings?
    eddieg50ProfGetzwolfptMankz
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I just reinstalled GW2 a week ago, ran around WvW at a few different hours of the day, it was fairly empty... two out of five zones had action, and it was just a massive zerg at one spot and nothing else. I uninstalled disappointed.

It depends on server. WvW is server based. Also depends on time of day. I am on a T3 server and most time zones are fine.

I just think you wanted to complain.

Viper482 said:

WvsW was never advertised as the focus of end game for GW2, it was considered as end game by alot of players though at the early days of release before fractals, raids, collections etc.

That armor though is sick, might even abandon my quest for the legendary one for this.

FALSE
    ProfGetz
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited June 2017

Viper482 said:

Viper482 said:

FALSE

Care to ex... Oh God, lol, okay I'm sorry...
    :lol:

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    botrytis said:

I just reinstalled GW2 a week ago, ran around WvW at a few different hours of the day, it was fairly empty... two out of five zones had action, and it was just a massive zerg at one spot and nothing else. I uninstalled disappointed.

It depends on server. WvW is server based. Also depends on time of day. I am on a T3 server and most time zones are fine.

I just think you wanted to complain.
    Certain servers are rather dead, others are full so he have a point if he was unlucky. WvW have always been focused on a few servers while others have beeen mainly populated by PvE only people. My server, "Seafarers rest" is fine but have dropped a little the last 2 years.

It is clear though that WvW and dungeons are the 2 parts of the games that needs more work. A expansion with more WvW focused is really needed here. Or maybe 2, it would be interesting to have a WvW setting with Tyra Vs Cantha Vs Elona instead of just server Vs server.
    xyzercrime
  • morroIanmorroIan Member UncommonPosts: 10
    If you were really a hardcore WvWer you'd know that this update is not what the mode actually needs to survive as a proper competitive game mode. The mode needs far more than just rewards.
    Viper482

Viper482 said:

Viper482 said:

FALSE

It was the absolute most hyped thing by Arenanet prior to release. They all but abandoned it for what seemed like forever, just tweaking it enough here and there to keep people interested. It has been the red-headed stepchild of the game since release. Anyone who actually WvW's knows this.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Viper482 said:

Viper482 said:

Viper482 said:

FALSE

It was the absolute most hyped thing by Arenanet prior to release. They all but abandoned it for what seemed like forever, just tweaking it enough here and there to keep people interested. It has been the red-headed stepchild of the game since release. Anyone who actually WvW's knows this.
    Dynamic events were the most hyped feature, though WvW did get plenty of hype.
  • arbi15arbi15 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Rhoklaw said:

I love GW2 because it's a very well thought out MMO. However, after playing it for a year or two after launch, I decided I was not a fan of the combat, specifically the lack of the trinity system. I guess Guardians can tank well enough now, but there really is no healer class still. So in my experience playing, the game's combat just feels chaotic and very solo / independent. It's like a DPS zerg in WvWvW and I just never got hooked.

EDIT: I remember the Engineer was able to heal fairly well, but I can't remember just how well. All I remember was a lot of heals were stationary PBAoE, AoE or whatnot.

druid?
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    time for guild wars 3!
  • advokat666advokat666 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    now with only players left that fight for rewards because arenanet bored away all the core rvr guilds who fought for the sake of a good fight alone that seems like a legit patch lol