Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Shady on the Black Market - The Team Explains How - Albion Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGetting Shady on the Black Market - The Team Explains How - Albion Online - MMORPG.com

Albion Online News - The Albion Online development team has sent out a new trailer laying out some of the details about the upcoming Black Market addition to the game. It is one of the more unique aspects of the next patch, and one that is sure to please crafters and looters alike.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    This is just begging to be abused, but it's sounds pretty cool.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Hurry up, July!
    djnj2000

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    This is the kind of gamey system virtual worlds need to balance properly. Very few mmorpgs design complex systems that necessitate balancing of this sort. Pleasure to see again!
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    This thing is needed only because the devs couldn't make free economy work with the existing mechanic and a handful of active players they got in beta. Put a non-prime thing on exchange and watch others undercut you till there is no point to sell at all because resources cost is higher. Place buy order and wait for weeks till someone will sell a thing which isn't a trash.

Reminds me of counter-intuitive North-Korean-style marketplace in Black Desert Online. It turned out free market economy doesn't work right off the bat and equipment drops from mobs are absolutely necessary despite that inexperience devs think.

Thank you for your time!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Wow what a lame brained system if you ask me.   In a player crafted world, items should be purchased in stores, not dropped as loot.  Loot should be crafting materials.

Just another reason to avoid this badly designed game.
    postlarvalKyleran
  • LevarkLevark Member UncommonPosts: 18

Ozmodan said:

Wow what a lame brained system if you ask me.   In a player crafted world, items should be purchased in stores, not dropped as loot.  Loot should be crafting materials.

By your comment i can tell you have never played this game and you have no idea what are you talking about.
    djnj2000
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Ozmodan said:

I think the way this particular game works this is a great system and one that offers crafters a place in the world. Crafting materials as loot would not be a good solution at all.

It would break the game economy, which is why it's clear Oz never played AO.
    Gdemami

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    This black market thing will only work to keep crafters relevant if they continuously release new craftable items on a timely basis, otherwise eventually everything after a long period of time will have hit the black market and crafters will be irrelevant anyways if new stuff isn't released for them to craft.

Hopefully the developers are aware of this and ready to keep the content flowing faster than the black market can make it crafter-irrelevant.  However, given past attempts to for developers to develop content faster than players can consume it, I find that very very very unlikely (and probably impossible for ANY developer).
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Levark said:

Ozmodan said:

By your comment i can tell you have never played this game and you have no idea what are you talking about.
    Don't have to play the game, every time I read an article about it I just have to shake my head.  What a bunch of clueless developers.  Eve, SWG are game that had great economies built entirely on player crafters, NOT this nonsense.  
    postlarvaldjnj2000Gdemami
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I honestly don't understand why they would put in such a system like this to me this sounds very bad and screws the game up even more If I understand correctly this is one of the worst things, like I don't understand why they need a "Black Market" the Market Itself was fine and is fine, having a Black Market kinda thing makes no sense.

To me there is no Role Play story behind how the "Black Market" sends items out to the Mobs, and I don't understand why this is good, the game was supposed to be Crafters making all the content pretty much Mobs Drops aren't bad if done correctly and there is a risk of losing gear in Black Zones as usual.

I am honestly looking more forward to Ashes OF Creation as a game now over Albion, because not only are the graphics better, but they got developer team from many different games, many economic mechanics, and Albion is still like what 2D Its a great MOBA, but I don't see Albion as a game lasting...

During Alpha was the most fun of Albion Online best fun I had in a PVP Game after Dark Fall closed down, but Beta seems to be going down hill especially being able to swap in game currency for "Gold" and back again constantly to generate profit makes having Silver almost useless.

And the fact this company still banned a 3 year + Backer with over $100 in the game simply for unknowingly breaking a rule exchanging currency across game (During beta) of all things without a chance to ever play the game again, or warning for a first offense in 3+ Years, I think its pathetic but hey I've seen they updated the Terms OF Service to better Reflect this issue a little bit if I am not mistaking...

But then again seeing this Video, the direction of this games Development, I don't think it will have many players for long after Launch people will get bored and find something else.
    Gdemami
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Creative, lore/RP way to work around a problem. . thumbs up!
    KyleranOzmodan

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I find it very hard to follow where this idea is going.

My first impression is that it is a sort of currency sink.
    He also used the term "low tier" meaning,i do not see these items or drop orders being very meaningful.So it appears to be a way to drive the cost of low tier items up in cost.

I definitely could be out in left field but don't blame me,this system has an agenda be it now or down the road,it is just so oddly described ,making it difficult to understand.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IMO if there is a problem with all player crafting,they did not design the game properly for long term crafting and itemization,so now trying to fix it,however i feel there is an agenda here but they are keeping that part secret for now.

I noticed a poster mentions you can buy in game currency and that is just 100% WRONG and ruins the integrity of the game.So yeah this developer/game director are up to no good,wouldn't trust them at all if selling in game currency.
    Ozmodan

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017

Wizardry said:

IMO if there is a problem with all player crafting,they did not design the game properly for long term crafting and itemization,so now trying to fix it,however i feel there is an agenda here but they are keeping that part secret for now.

I noticed a poster mentions you can buy in game currency and that is just 100% WRONG and ruins the integrity of the game.So yeah this developer/game director are up to no good,wouldn't trust them at all if selling in game currency.

Basically the game uses a conversion system to convert Gold to Silver and such its similar to EVE Online, but the mistake this game company is doing is trying to copy other developers from other online games, just because something works great in EVE doesn't mean it will work in Albion Online which is basically just a smaller indie game which lacks in so many ways...

Now talking about more issues which haven't been addressed this company has basically censored their own forum okay, I understand this is 100% Legit and they have the right to do it, but besides that point anyone who talks about hacking / cheating threads or suggestions it gets either moved, or removed from the forum, as well as a couple of friends who had their posts removed and warned simply for complaining about a ban on my account for exchanging between two games.

I was recently reading an Article on their forums that says they listen to the players I know this is a flat out lie, if this were the case players would be able to get "Real Time Feedback" From the developers when a person posts under their hacks / reporting section of what is really going on, as well as not banning players for a first offense of breaking a rule treating a 3+ Year old account that is in good standing like they are garbage.

I truly expect this game to be filled with Cheaters / Hackers on Launch, and there are many reasons for this I won't post instructions or hacks because its illegal here obviously, but what I have found.

First, the game has no Anti Cheat to protect itself

Second, I reported some security concerns / issues to their company that I happened to find because I got banned in the first place, the issue was poorly patched over, and still not fixed properly.

Third, Client side cheating I expect to be an issue its already been addressed where players use Zoom Hacks to view more than they are supposed to and know where other people are, if you use speed hacks, or cheats that send data to the server expect to get banned obviously.

Bots / Multiple Accounts, is quite easy to do in this game because the only thing the game company can track is (Payment Information) and (IP address) is all they are bothering to track meaning that even if I wanted to buy another account and play myself after getting banned all I would have to do is have a different IP address, and use a different payment method that doesn't use my Real Life name prepaid cards which is easy to do.

Fraud, This game is heavily open to people who commit fraud, I am not talking about charge-backs, but rather people who use VPN connections or Free-wifi, and stolen information to get free currency then throw it back into the market, I won't give instructions because its illegal but there is a method and people who commit this type of fraud know it already, to basically use stolen information to buy "GOLD" or in game currency" and swap it to Silver then buy stuff off the market with it / launder it out there are many methods this can be abused in their game...

Now given it took them exactly 1 week, before they accused me of buying gold from my experience with them even though it was a transaction between games / trade between two games imagine someone doing this its going to create havoc on this game and the economy.

For example it took them a week to action anything that they accused me of, now when fraud is committed, it takes an average of about 3 days for an investigation to happen especially on small-scale fraud, and a minimum of 90 days for the person to get their money back from their bank this is what happened to me once in Real Life, 90 days being they usually get your money back the next day but until its confirmed and investigated they can take it back out.

I have also found additional security flaws that will be a huge issue within the next coming years within the banking system, and Pre-Paid cards actually between doing research on the internet, although I won't disclose that here, this will also factor into a problem for games like Albion Online, and possibly other games and online purchases but I expect this to effect games mostly where there are digital currency...

Now in EVE Online when I got a warning from a GM over many years, didn't get banned right off for buying Plex's from unauthorized 3rd parties and stuff before their policy changes and all because it has been years ago they actually only took 48 hours to trace back what happened which is a lot less time than Albion Online as a game.

And EVE is actually more controlled, and has better security than Albion when it comes to the security of the server code, and fraud, but its still open to the same type of issues just will likely be less of an issue in EVE for example.

Keep in mind this is also a small company of like 50 people or less last time I checked, and what really pisses me off is given this game was in development for over 3 years, and I backed the game myself with I think it was $175 in purchases I figured the game would be better, and more secure from this kind of shit.
    Ozmodan