Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix getting a reboot.

immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
Link

Where are they going with this? I just can't see it being any where near as good as the original trilogy.

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited by this.  Look at The Animatrix; a lot of those concepts could be fleshed out into feature length films.  I bet we'll see cameos from some of the old actors, and I bet there will be horns on the soundtrack.

What I'd like to see even more than a Matrix reboot, however, is for someone to tackle Neuromancer and the rest of the Sprawl trilogy, the Blue Ant trilogy, or Snow Crash, Cryptonomicon, Reamde, The Baroque Cycle, or Seveneves.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Well at least the wachowski brothers are not involved in it, couldnt stand Sense8.
  • xopamezavxopamezav Member CommonPosts: 2
  • xopamezavxopamezav Member CommonPosts: 2
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited May 2017
    It might be alright if it's sort of like how Star Trek was rebooted. That I think was done right. I'm not sure if the Matrix has the power to stick around after big reboots.

I would rather see original takes on the fake reality premise. Matrix is not the only movie or series on this topic. The Truman Show, Dark City, The Village, Wag the Dog and some others are out there. More broadly, I think any spiritual or religious topic can also be, since they're trying to expand our reality beyond its norm. I think even movies like Minority Report are part of this fold. It's not alone at all.

EDIT: Even Groundhog Day reminds me of it.
  • HeyYouVideoGameHeyYouVideoGame Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Will Keanu be back?
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Asheram said:
    Well at least the wachowski brothers are not involved in it, couldnt stand Sense8.
    They're sisters now.

Both of them?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    waynejr2 said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Asheram said:
    They're sisters now.

Both of them?
    Yep! Just had to google it myself. I wonder if we'll get a transgender Neo in the reboot. :)
    waynejr2

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I wouldn't mind a Matrix reboot, the concepts behind the film are great and so many possibilities. Maybe set it 100 years after the trilogy - Neo will have died in the real world so they could slowly start descending into fights with agents again. I don't want another superhero to emerge though, lets keep it more low-key. 

Perhaps another rival human civilisation could arise somewhere else on earth, so Zion and the newcomers could have some fights, with the machines complicating things?

Not too fussed about the Wachowski's being involved. I did love Sense8 and have a lot of respect for them as writers and directors, but I feel a new set of eyes and ideas is probably needed if the Matrix franchise gets rebooted. 
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    I wouldn't mind a Matrix reboot, the concepts behind the film are great and so many possibilities. Maybe set it 100 years after the trilogy - Neo will have died in the real world so they could slowly start descending into fights with agents again. I don't want another superhero to emerge though, lets keep it more low-key. 
    Yeah I could agree if there was another movie set in the Matrix universe not giving them god-level powers would make it a lot more fun. In the original Matrix the line of "You see an agent, you do what we do, run." would be nice to see them have moved past but having them swat agents like mosquitos the way Neo did in the 2nd and 3rd a level that would be best not to return to.