Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online now has over 28K players on STEAM

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited July 2017 in Black Desert Online

Black Desert doing great and still growing. B)

http://steamcharts.com/app/582660

Post edited by Mikeha on
free2playRamajamaTheScavenger

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Servers are getting rekt

Mikehawingood
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Recore said:
    Best of any mmo right now. 

Trending with over 300% player rise in last 24 hours. :o

http://steamcharts.com/

Do you want any pearls for this or do you have a fat wallet ???

GTFO that is not an MMORPG, that is a BIG P2W Grindfest sucker.
    Mikehawaynejr2TheScavengerConstantineMeruswingoodReizlaCopperfieldDraemosThaWatcher
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt

WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

Some say Black Desert is suffering from low population though.  o:)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt

WoW, its getting worse by the day. I have not logged on today yet but that is just crazy. 

Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

It would be faster to just play the game.
    wingood
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited May 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt

Though to be fair, a new class was released as well as it's addition to Steam, so of course there is going to be an influx of players.

don't get me wrong, I like Black Desert (I'm in the game now) but it does gain and lose players like any other mmo for probably the same reasons.

Also @erevus, the game really isn't pay to win at this moment based on it's current setup.

If i wanted to "pay to win" and purchase, with real money, in game items, it would take 2 1/2 months per top item.

lol man,

Go buy some Arti/Mem Cause you're clearly a noob in the game.

When you reach 200$ in deposits we'll discuss this again.

BTW one year now the playerbase are still gathered in 2 spots, Pirates & Sausages.

Worst P2W game in the market atm.
    GdemamiTalonsinDraemosortheneConfonduExin
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Yep, 15K more and chat has degenerated into something far worse than it was before. You can tell from the subjects that they're kids. If not, then there are some adults playing with seriously stunted emotional development.
    observerGdemamiMrMelGibson

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Steam community, better run!

Now it's a matter of seeing what pop will the game maintain on steam as time passes.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited May 2017
    15k players is impressive compared to the likes of say, Marvel Heroes or Tree of Savior, although that's a rather low hanging fruit to shoot for for an MMO, I think.  Then again, maybe that's cause I'm thinking of 400k player base numbers from FFXIV at the minimum (or whatever the hell it was), of which 15k wouldn't even equal to a 10% playerbase increase from what BDO already had if BDO has 200k+ players.  Not that I can remember if it had 200k players or not.

More importantly for Daum's wallet, that's 15k of sales (including proportionally all the start up cash shop sales like pets, etc)
    Draemos
    edited May 2017
    Tiamat64 said:
    15k players is impressive compared to the likes of say, Marvel Heroes or Tree of Savior, although that's a rather low hanging fruit to shoot for for an MMO, I think.  Then again, maybe that's cause I'm thinking of 400k player base numbers from FFXIV at the minimum (or whatever the hell it was), of which 15k wouldn't even equal to a 10% playerbase increase from what BDO already had if BDO has 200k+ players.  Not that I can remember if it had 200k players or not.

More importantly for Daum's wallet, that's 15k of sales (including proportionally all the start up cash shop sales like pets, etc)

15K on STEAM not overall. 

Not bad for only being on STEAM for 5 days. 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    There's worse things on steam to spend 6$ on. Way worse.
    KyleranCopperfieldDraemosYoofaloofWaanCazriel
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Yep, 15K more and chat has degenerated into something far worse than it was before. You can tell from the subjects that they're kids. If not, then there are some adults playing with seriously stunted emotional development.
    Pfft, you kidding? We live in a day and age where students demand free psychological counseling because the college they attend invited someone they don't agree with to give a speech. Emotionally stunted doesn't even begin to describe how messed up people are these days. 

I hope for the sake of everyone who enjoys the game that the Steam release does end up being a positive thing overall though. 
    DraemosCecropia

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

erevus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt

lol man,

BTW one year now the playerbase are still gathered in 2 spots, Pirates & Sausages.

Well, I suppose you get what you put into it. I just don't play the game that way. I buy all my gear already enchanted and I don't just level at Pirates and Sausans. I explore the world and play the game on my terms, even if that's not the most competitive.

But then again my main focus in enjoying myself not being as competitive. The enchanting system is tedious and frustrating so why buy into it? Well, I suppose if one wants to be competitive, but "meh" you can keep it.

Sometimes thinking for yourself and not buying into what is offered is more gratifying.
    Mikeha[Deleted User]KyleranMaurgrimlaseritDraemosClutch586MrMelGibsonCazrielReaperUk

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2017
    If I'm reading the graph correctly, it's only the most popular MMORPG on Steam compared to what can comfortably be called a desert of MMORPG releases on Steam...

I higly doubt BDO's Steam release will result in any sort of population renaissance.  As others have mentioned, it seems more likely the recent Steam release is the highest contributor to that population graph.

But if it holds true months from now, I'd change that opinion accordingly. 

Nyctelios said:
    Sovrath said:
    erevus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Servers are getting rekt

lol man,

Well, I suppose you get what you put into it. I just don't play the game that way. I buy all my gear already enchanted and I don't just level at Pirates and Sausans. I explore the world and play the game on my terms, even if that's not the most competitive.

But then again my main focus in enjoying myself not being as competitive. The enchanting system is tedious and frustrating so why buy into it? Well, I suppose if one wants to be competitive, but "meh" you can keep it.

Sometimes thinking for yourself and not buying into what is offered is more gratifying.
    How dare you having enjoyment playing something at your pace and experiencing what you love about a certain media instead of doing what others tells you are suppose to do?!
    Yeah, you're right, I'm a renegade and a very bad man.

To respond to the crux of his issue, if one were to actually add up all the money and effort they put into enchanting, and failing, they could be using that money on already enchanted gear.

[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusGdemami

edited May 2017
    If I'm reading the graph correctly, it's only the most popular MMORPG on Steam compared to what can comfortably be called a desert of MMORPG releases on Steam...

Whats missing? 

The most popular mmorpgs are on STEAM.

Other than WoW of course. We all know WoW is #1 by a huge margin. 

Also nobody said anything about a populuation renaissance. Its not needed because the game was doing great before STEAM.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    15K Players infected with XingCode3 Rootkit... Um Okay, glad im not one of them uninstalled black desert and format my pc.
    GdemamiortheneMrMelGibsonReaperUk
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I cant get past the art style its an immersion killer for me.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited May 2017
    SEANMCAD said:

That is the same thing that kept me from WoW.  I must have tried the game about 10 times but could not get into that art style. 
    SovrathAlomarExinLucienRene
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:

That is the same thing that kept me from WoW.  I must have tried the game about 10 times but could not get into that art style. 
    yeah I couldnt do WoW either.

I should say its also if the lead trailers mostly show combat I usually move on to other options. Not that I am against combat in fact I find it fun but I need something more, if I see game play that I did 14 years ago I need to move on.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    SEANMCAD said:
    Really?  What's so bad about it?  I think it looks rather good.  It's one of the best art styles that actually represents a medieval fantasy world, even down to the goblins and orcs.
    MaurgrimDraemosAlomar
    edited May 2017
    observer said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Really?  What's so bad about it?  I think it looks rather good.  It's one of the best art styles that actually represents a medieval fantasy world, even down to the goblins and orcs.
    hyper sexualized barely teenaged girls in what would be completely ridicoulous armour.
    its like the girls from 'Bad Girls' desided to go all cosplay and play with panda bears
    that and the combat is just a hyper expression of the same old shit 
    Draemos

• rangharranghar Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Renoaku said:
    15K Players infected with XingCode3 Rootkit... Um Okay, glad im not one of them uninstalled black desert and format my pc.
    I really hope you are joking.  XingCode3 works by knowing about cheats in advance.  It looks at actively running programs, and recently run programs for blacklisted cheat programs.  It doesn't send out your private information, and it most definitely doesn't provide root access to the people who made it.  Calling it a rootkit would imply that it is well made, but it definitely is not.  XingCode3 is so bad that you used to be able to just not launch the game with admin mode and XingCode3 couldn't detect anything.  Stop giving them more credit than they deserve.  It's a piss poor cheat detection process, not a rootkit.
    orthene

Ranghar LoD
    Lords of Death

Recore said:

Whats missing? 

The most popular mmorpgs are on STEAM.

Other than WoW of course. We all know WoW is #1 by a huge margin. 

Also nobody said anything about a populuation renaissance. Its not needed because the game was doing great before STEAM.
    Fair enough on the renassaince.  And again, look at the list (assuming they're all the top played MMORPGs through Steam): you believe that ESO, EVE, and FFXI have less 5k concurrent players?

What I'm saying is, if that graph is a comparison of the most played MMORPGs on Steam, none of the comparison titles are exactly what I'd called the cream of the crop.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited May 2017
    Solar_Prophet said:

We live in a day and age where students demand free psychological counseling because the college they attend invited someone they don't agree with to give a speech. Emotionally stunted doesn't even begin to describe how messed up people are these days. 
    That's a lot of words. You could have just said 'millenials' and saved yourself two sentences. I would have known exactly what you meant. :*
    Soki123Cecropia

Solar_Prophet said:

We live in a day and age where students demand free psychological counseling because the college they attend invited someone they don't agree with to give a speech. Emotionally stunted doesn't even begin to describe how messed up people are these days. 
    That's a lot of words. You could have just said 'millenials' and saved yourself two sentences. I would have known exactly what you meant. :*
    That's a wonderfully erroneous generalization.
    Talonsin[Deleted User]