Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Impressions & Gameplay Footage - TheHiveLeader - Secret World Legends Videos - MMORPG.co

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    All they had to do was rename it to Secret Exiles switch it over to a survival mode with first person view. Oh wait, they already did that.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i still want to know who was the idiot that said the combat looks great when they released the game,it was so bad it destroyed the whole game!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yep still looks awful,the magic casting looks downright bad,just arms waving in the air and some magical red cloud comes out.

He says his favorite mmo of all time but in 2015 he said he did not cover the game in 2-3 years..lol.

It looks like the exact same game with a few changes,this is simply a BS attempt to gain customers.

I said it during their survival game release,they are really looking like SOE right before the demise.Trying low budget ways to stir up interest with no real effort.This developer is hurting for money,lazy attempts to get business will NOT WORK.

IMO Funcom has a mild understanding of designing games,but they will always look like an Indie developer either because they are just not smart enough,creative enough or lack the budget to make a great game.IMO they simply look like a business trying to toss products into the market to make money,they do not look like a passionate designer.
    I guess their marketing works for a VERY short time,but i bet their survival game is near dead already and this attempt will not last long either.Band aid solutions to make money will not save this business.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited May 2017
    I actually like what I'm seeing. I could never convince my wife to play this with me because she just thought it was too complicated. She is a casual gamer who only starting playing mmos when we got married. So he experience is limited. She is actually really good for someone with so little experience. But I think it's because she used to played Zelda 64 lol.

Got a bit off track there. Sorry. My point was that with these changes and especially the mmo combat (our favorite mmo combat is Tera and B&S so the action combat is welcomed). The simplifying of this game will make it a much easier sell. From the look of it though, it's not completely simplified. Just seems to have cut off some of the fat. A lot of abilities were either redundant or completely over shadowed by later abilities. Just didn't flow right to me. That's just my opinion.

I have a question for those in the know. As someone who owns TSW already. Is there anything I need to purchase to play Legends? Thanks in Advance.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Until I try it I won't give my judgement, but I don't like what I'm seeing from the combat with the grenade timer and shit.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    All they had to do was rename it to Secret Exiles switch it over to a survival mode with first person view. Oh wait, they already did that.
    Man that would be interesting considering all the content and lore this game has.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    It seems overall the same thing on how it plays, what is expectable ofc.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I always wanted to play this but the graphics look way to dated to even touch this one. I know i know , Gameplay > Graphics, But to me, Considering i spent over 700 bucks on a graphics card last year and being my time is limited, I Demand both.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I will give it a try. Make any judgements based upon gameplay and personal experience. I am sorry to go against the grain on here of trashing a game and writing it off before its released, but hey that's just me.
    "I will ignore everything I have seen on this video and make a side jab against the community because I feel morally superior."
    aliven
    Harbinger of Fools
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Part of the fun of the game was that there were no real levels, and you had a massive skill wheel and you could mix and match and create some unique power builds. You had to use two weapons, but there were tons of skills that worked great with different weapon builds and had no weapon requirement.

All of that looks to be 100% gone. Now there are levels, a linear skill path.....whatever.

No one played this game because it is a niche game. All they are doing is kicking their player base in the balls, just like when SWG did their NGE, and just like when LOTRO did their game revamp. At some point, you get no more players, either your game is a hit right off the bat or it is not. Changing things YEARS after release does nothing.

The combat animations still look pathetic, and the character graphics still look average at best. I think the common factor with Funcom games all bombing is the fact that it is Funcom. Maybe it's time to shut the door on this well below average gaming company (like SOE) and just call it a career.

TSW had some great quests, everything was voiced and a very unique skill wheel system. The quests are still there....have fun with the rest of the garbage, because that is CLEARLY what it is, just the reviewer has not the balls to say it.

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    This is the same story all over again.
    The same crap happened with Age of Conan's combat. At least that title in terms of system complexity had some extra pieces, compared to TSW.
    How can this company miss the mark with 2 titles because of the same error and still they won't see it corrected.
    When the Age of Conan came out we were all screaming lack of impact and asynchronous combat and yet they made promises to change it. They had some major patches for it but the end result was that nothing changed. TSW is like watching the same movie all over again. What the actual flying DUCK, Funcom?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    There were a lot of levels in TSW. You had to level both weapons offensively and defensively, you had to level your jewelry, and if you just leveled one of those the game registered it as you main level which means if you went to a higher zone not fully fleshed out you got put down hard or had to be carried by your group. A lot of people hit the wall playing that game which is probably why they changed the system.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Gotta admit, this made me hype a little.
    aliven
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This is a pass for me.  :(
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I actually like what I'm seeing. ...  (our favorite mmo combat is Tera and B&S so the action combat is welcomed). The simplifying of this game will make it a much easier sell. ...  A lot of abilities were either redundant or completely over shadowed by later abilities. Just didn't flow right to me. That's just my opinion.

I have a question for those in the know. As someone who owns TSW already. Is there anything I need to purchase to play Legends? Thanks in Advance.
    Well, if favourite combat is Tera and BS ... khm B&S :wink:  and think abilities were redundant, and welcome the simplification: congratulations, you are in Legends' new target audience!  (no offense :smiley: )

But that's still the story of the future, and not changing the fact that as a TSW owner you're just as screwed as the rest of us. So, to your question at the end:
    no, you don't need to buy anything to play Legends, since it will be f2p. To play it smoothly, that's a whole different topic, since they will monetize the gameplay, and nothing is detailed yet. But don't expect anything as a former player, they gave the finger and written off the current players already.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

JDis25 said:

Gotta admit, this made me hype a little.

I'll give it a go, nothing lost in seeing how it plays.
  • RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited May 2017
    Don't be a blind follower and just not download/ try the game out just because some troll said it sucks.

Don't play cause you decided it wasn't your cup of tea.

Or Do play because you wanna give it a shot.

postlarval said:

Been playing the beta since it was offered. I won't be playing at release. It has not really changed much. IMO, they did a refresh of the UI that make it appear to have changed but the core mechanics that were present in TSW are still there in SWL and they still suck. Such a great opportunity squandered.

Thx dude, I wasn't sure if I had to redownload the game. Now I know. I wont waste my time if it didn't changed much.

what a weak minded tool. The only thing sad is that they are dumbing the game down for the moronic masses. Pretty sure that's what WoW has been doing over the years and they've lost an insane amount of people. Cause you know know that's what real gamers want. EZ mode ftw. lol
    postlarvalAgent_Joseph

Kick to the Face.

• vinterchaosvinterchaos Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I thought the game was cool but the pvp was really really bad, so I moved on.
  • KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111
    It's literally the same exact game, same exact NPCs, in the same exact dungeons, bosses.. Am I only the only awake in this timeline of reality? wake up cucks!
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited May 2017
    It does look exactly the same. I wish they'd modernized the UI or something.

The loss of the skill wheel is complete madness. That was the best system in the game. Those combat animations as well.. I can't believe they didn't do anything to improve them in the base game after all the backlash caused by it.. let alone do nothing about it in this relaunch! They are seriously making a mistake by not improving those animations.. like.. a venue type mistake. A lot of people won't even try it based on them.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Rakuji said:
    Don't be a blind follower and just not download/ try the game out just because some troll said it sucks.

Don't play cause you decided it wasn't your cup of tea.

Or Do play because you wanna give it a shot.

postlarval said:

Been playing the beta since it was offered. I won't be playing at release. It has not really changed much. IMO, they did a refresh of the UI that make it appear to have changed but the core mechanics that were present in TSW are still there in SWL and they still suck. Such a great opportunity squandered.

Thx dude, I wasn't sure if I had to redownload the game. Now I know. I wont waste my time if it didn't changed much.

what a weak minded tool. The only thing sad is that they are dumbing the game down for the moronic masses. Pretty sure that's what WoW has been doing over the years and they've lost an insane amount of people. Cause you know know that's what real gamers want. EZ mode ftw. lol
    Your horrible quoting style aside..

On one hand you admit they dumbed the game down and you say it's a shame.
    On the other you call him a "weak minded tool" for not wanting to play the dumbed down version.

What?
    StoneRoses
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i love TSW,dont care for combat ,playing it as rpg in awesome world setting,dislike scenarios grind for augments,best what TSW has it is NM dungeons & raids ,never bored with them ,can repeating in endless

SWL looking interesting but not impressive , if they lunch game out steam where is my region locked for SWL,I l try it for sure ! just for fresh start in diferent faction ,My templar ll stay in TSW!
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I actually like what I'm seeing. Half people in this thread complain that they changes/removed too much, other half that they didn't change anything. Well mmorpg in a nutshell.
  • sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Ha! I can't help but laugh at myself.. Every time I saw this title I assumed it was a TCG version of Secret World and didn't look back.

Now that I've gotten past my blunder, very much looking forward to checking out SW again.
    Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Combat STILL looks like garbage, so no, not enough to bring ME back.

/pass