Ashes of Creation using Assets from "MMO Starter Kit"?

PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 205

Here is the MMO Starter Kit. Notice the health bars and inventory. You can purchase it here.

Here are images of the assets in the Monster Coin System Preview

PonziniDistopiaRamajamaSkymourneDullahankadajvolajuGdemamiLarakScarahMrMelGibson

Comments

• PonziniPonzini Hollister, CAMember UncommonPosts: 411
    edited May 26
    LOL It is a fucking bar with some text on it. Not to mention that is an obvious placeholder UI which they have mentioned themselves. Holy shit you are really grasping at straws.

It doesn't even look the fucking same.
    Post edited by Ponzini on
    SkymourneCopperfieldExcession
  • GaladournGaladourn AthensMember UncommonPosts: 1,250
    I don't see any similarity. A bar is a bar in any system.

• PresciencePrescience Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Ponzini said:
    LOL It is a fucking bar with some text on it. Not to mention that is an obvious placeholder UI which they have mentioned themselves. Holy shit you are really grasping at straws.

It doesn't even look the fucking same.
    I'm pretty sure that is the MMO Starter kit. You can tell by the inventory 5x5. If it is, it seems pretty lazy to use a $95 asset from Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/

Placeholder or not first impressions are important. 
    PhryExcession
  • DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDMember EpicPosts: 21,106
    edited May 26

You mean like when a person deletes all of their previous investigative work? I kid..i kid...

When you're going out of your way to find a fault you're going to find it, how important it is, well now, that's a different matter entirely. If their UI looks like this as they get closer to release... sure that may be an issue... Yet now? Could just be a simple placeholder only used to present what they wanna show. That's my impression....
    Post edited by Distopia on
    blueturtle13TorvalRexKushman

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Valve Corporation Member LegendaryPosts: 9,758
    Who cares. Another thread by you that will be deleted. You have contributed nothing to this site other than spread your agenda. Bugger off.
    DistopiaTorvalCazrielRexKushmanConstantineMerusMaurgrimManWithNoTanSkymourneTintagilkadajvolajuand 1 other.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,421
    No, it's smart to use cheap assets especially for prototyping. Zenimax did that with a an entire engine because it streamlined and lowered the production cost of ESO.

So now that you've been debunked on your ridiculous network engine claims as they were answered in the last stream you're onto trying to nitpick minutiae.

At least your keeping Ashes on the front page. That's something I guess even if you don't know what you're talking about.
    Desium-47PapasmervSovrathsward2866MrMelGibson
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
    Who cares. Another thread by you that will be deleted. You have contributed nothing to this site other than spread your agenda. Bugger off.
    I deleted my own threads for an unstated reason. I will compile things and make a more appropriate one in the future after extensive research is concluded.
    blueturtle13GdemamiMrMelGibsonExcessionAegiris
    I deleted my own threads for an unstated reason. I will compile things and make a more appropriate one in the future after extensive research is concluded.
    lol you do that mate. Have fun with your agenda
    TorvalMrMelGibson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Distopia said:

You mean like when a person deletes all of their previous investigative work? I kid..i kid...

When you're going out of your way to find a fault you're going to find it, how important it is, well now, that's a different matter entirely. If their UI looks like this as they get closer to release... sure that may be an issue... Yet now? Could just be a simple placeholder only used to present what they wanna show. That's my impression....
    Well, would you like it if I bought the MMO Starter kit, made a demo using integrated online multiplayer function, and then asked for money?
    Excession
  • DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDMember EpicPosts: 21,106
    Distopia said:

Well, would you like it if I bought the MMO Starter kit, made a demo using integrated online multiplayer function, and then asked for money?
    Go for it... can I be the first to call it a scam? 
    ConstantineMerus

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:

Sure, if you were making a game and presented it in a way that elicited an emotional response in the buyer I would not see a problem with it. I have backed projects with less info given and was rewarded with quality gaming experiences.  Is this one of them? We shall see =) 
    Distopia

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 7,187
    Distopia said:

I would probably be one of the first to pledge... then spend the rest of the campaign researching you, your team, and your claims... and probably pull my pledge on the last day.  But then again you never know.

Distopiablueturtle13ConstantineMerusPapasmervWellspring

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Was that because they were copy pastes from a person trolling the Ashes subreddit that got banned from that sub for spamming the same things over and over and over again? Or was it for another reason. Why did you do it? You should be up front about that or do you have something to hide, something you don't want us to know about your agenda here.

This seems like a very petty thing to focus in on so why do you keep nitpicking at this project. Cuz if you're Derek Smart and just got bored with trolling SC then.... :D
    blueturtle13Phrysward2866
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
    Distopia said:

Maybe you should do full disclosure about where you learned about the MMO Starter kit. Eh? @CrazKanuk mentioned it to you when you were going on and on about the networking component. Isn't that right because you hadn't heard of it before. That was a bit of a surprise for you.

So did you take that info and then start obsessively looking for tiny flaws to inflate?
    Phry
    Torval said:
    No, it's smart to use cheap assets especially for prototyping. Zenimax did that with a an entire engine because it streamlined and lowered the production cost of ESO.

So now that you've been debunked on your ridiculous network engine claims as they were answered in the last stream you're onto trying to nitpick minutiae.

At least your keeping Ashes on the front page. That's something I guess even if you don't know what you're talking about.
    Zenimax uses a proprietary engine for Elder Scrolls Online and had no Kickstarter.

Nothing was debunked, it was a vague answer and could be summarized with the same response given over-and-over: " We're ripping out the net code and writing our own. " 

None of the specific server questions were answered and most of it remains vague.

Further, this game has been in production for fifteen months and after fifteen months and claims of a proprietary back-end they release a demo video using the same assets from an "MMO Starter Kit" and utilize the integrated netcode for the demonstration. Where did fifteen months go? 

Mark Jacobs had an entire engine in the works by that point with demonstrations and didn't pay for assets on a forum.

Fifteen Months. No back-end, bought assets, do you see the problem?

Excession
    Nope. I just see someone who isn't a developer trying to hold a technical conversation about things they no nothing about.

So why did you delete all those posts. What do you have to hide? You keep avoiding your agenda and moving goal posts. If anyone is suspect here, it's you and your smoke and mirrors comments.
    Torval said:
    Nope. I just see someone who isn't a developer trying to hold a technical conversation about things they no nothing about.

So why did you delete all those posts. What do you have to hide? You keep avoiding your agenda and moving goal posts. If anyone is suspect here, it's you and your smoke and mirrors comments.
    You just stated " no nothing about. " I believe the word is "know".

I'm not really sure I'm willing to argue with you anymore now.
    ConstantineMerusExcession
    Torval said:

Why do you care so much about this game?
    Torval

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:

Probably the same reasons you do.
    Excession
    Torval said:

That is not true.
    TorvalConstantineMerus

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:

That is not true.
    How do you know that?
    Excession
    Torval said:

That is not true.
    How do you know that?
    You have fun in your little thread. Cheers!
    Torval

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• skullhead51skullhead51 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited May 27
    The only things I know that are using bought assets or tools of the engine are some of the spell effects.  Regarding health bars and inventory systems I don't see why it matters since they all function alike.  A placeholder inventory can be so basic without a ton of functionality it would be pretty trivial to make.  If they don't have the networking done, it could literally be an array of objects with a fancy GUI.
    Post edited by skullhead51 on
    Kyleran
    Torval said:

Yes, I type very fast and make spelling and grammar errors all the time.

You should probably go with that thought because it's the best argument you've had on this site yet. Everything else you've posted is total rubbish.
    RexKushmanKyleran
  • SinsaiSinsai Reno, NVMember UncommonPosts: 357
    LOL, OP really grasping at straws now.