Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SuperHero MMO, Valiance Online Heading to Steam Soon

2»

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DabOnThem said:
    This is their alpha which is troubling. I understand the process but this is the same alpha they claim will be on Steam. maybe not the "same" alpha as presented in the four videos but their alpha will be on Steam per their official announcements.

I don't know guys, seems troubling if you are a fan.
    A game can still be fun despite the graphics or world scale... but...  I can't say whether that will be true for this game.  

• ValianceOnlineValianceOnline Member UncommonPosts: 3
    DabOnThem said:
    This is their alpha which is troubling. I understand the process but this is the same alpha they claim will be on Steam. maybe not the "same" alpha as presented in the four videos but their alpha will be on Steam per their official announcements.
    This is the current state of the alpha (or it was when we released the videos) and not exactly what is being released to players for testing or to Steam (which will be some time after the initial alpha release) and of course there is a lot more work to be done so it doesn't represent anything resembling what the game will look like in beta and then release. Hopefully as we improve things you will be pleased.

Also...

This looks just as good as Pathfinder Online.
    Soo... pretty terrible then?
    OUCH!
    DabOnThem said:
    This is the current state of the alpha (or it was when we released the videos) and not exactly what is being released to players for testing or to Steam (which will be some time after the initial alpha release) and of course there is a lot more work to be done so it doesn't represent anything resembling what the game will look like in beta and then release. Hopefully as we improve things you will be pleased.

Also...

This looks just as good as Pathfinder Online.
    Soo... pretty terrible then?
    OUCH!
    That speaks more to Pathfinder than anything.  Visually it wasn't very good.  I do hope things progress well visually.  CoX was a great game, but by todays standards, it would need a complete visual rework. 

• DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I have to see to believe with these spiritual successors. None of these guys have impressed me. For many years kickstarters and CoX successor was thrown in our face, but there is nothing to show after all these years. Many great ideas associated with your product but will they see the light of day, I cannot say for sure not based upon what I have seen so far.

edited March 2017
    I stand correct, Ship of Heroes looks impressive.

So Valiance Online team  what is the deal with this game? The last Facebook feed is from February 9th. I had high hopes for this but yall are just inconsistent. I don't know what to believe between City of Titans and Valiance Online. Your dates change like the wind, and then you all just go missing for a month or more.

Status update? If it is soon then don't bother wasting your breathe.

Your team has great ideas, but we have never actually seen the bulk of these ideas for some reason. Those videos did not really show us anything. Where are stuff like you shown here

Where are the rocket boosters, horse humans, shields, cat people, weapons, minions?

We need to see some of this stuff.
    edited April 2017
    More shots were released and they look awkward to me, just a little

I would have been impressed if the video they shown was actual VO animations instead of a random animation video which was not VO.

I think you guys scared the Valiance Online guy away :*

Hey VO guy, any news? When are you going to be playable? I heard a lot of noise but no action. I missed the livestream you did weeks ago where is the video recording for that?
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Hmm, looks promising, but rough around the edges. I'll wait for more progress so not to spoil the more finished product. :)
    edited May 2017
    I really dont like the stances of picture one and three, they look awkward.

What I have noticed about these VO people, is they shy away from places that are critical, and flock to areas of the media where they are praised. For example, they do not visit this place or Steam much which is crazy since they are planning a EA release there. They only sit perched on their official forums because that is were they are loved. They rarely speak outside of that place, which is why they do not get much publicity. 

Polar opposite of SoH. Their devs just did a video interview stating they are looking forward to testers and more importantly, feedback, critical feedback because they NEED it. I forgot which video he said this, but it was one of these.

I have a message for VO, stop shunning your critics. These are the people who can make your game the best it can be. You keep getting fed praise from yes men, these yes men are going to be your primary audience. 

How are you going to test of you cannot handle critique? If someone points out a bug will you run away? 

This place is a fairly big platform with dedicated mmo players, and you just went missing after a few critical comments. Come on now. I am with you guys but you got to toughen up.

DabOnThem said:

I have a message for VO, stop shunning your critics. These are the people who can make your game the best it can be. You keep getting fed praise from yes men, these yes men are going to be your primary audience. 

Thats the same way I feel about SOH
    DabOnThem