Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    bartoni33 said:
    I've been having this issue for a few weeks actually but it looks like here is just a good as place as any to post about it:

I can't keep signed in to this site anymore, even with the remember me box ticked. When I click on the "Username" box this pops up in it: "This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised." After I do log in it will keep me logged in until I close my browser. Then I have to re log in again with the same warning. I am using Firefox.

I clearing all the browser stuff does not help, then perhaps browser security settings?

Unless it's specific to Firefox derps, that browser has been kinda directionless on past years.
    bartoni33
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Torval said:
    Grunty said:
    With the recent 11-12 May changes my avatar/profile image is broken or missing. I only recall seeing one other member with a missing avatar.  In both instances the image is replaced with a broken image link icon. The other member account is http://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/baphamet.

In my account preferences it shows both images I've uploaded to be broken. I will wait a week or 2 before replacing my avatar file.

Edit:  my avatar is present after logging in on the main page but it isn't available in the forums.
    Until you see a fix in place you could try this: If you have the original file try uploading it again. If that fails, try uploading a new image and then uploading the old one. That might force whatever loads and links your image data to reassociate those connections. It could be something as simple as a table image ID that got lost or broken.
    Yeah, I'm just waiting so they've got a chance to evaluate & correct it.  They likely have bigger issues to deal with first.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Torval said:
    bartoni33 said:
    I've been having this issue for a few weeks actually but it looks like here is just a good as place as any to post about it:

I can't keep signed in to this site anymore, even with the remember me box ticked. When I click on the "Username" box this pops up in it: "This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised." After I do log in it will keep me logged in until I close my browser. Then I have to re log in again with the same warning. I am using Firefox.

Something is clearing your cookies. Most often it's a browser setting. It could also be a anti-malware security setting. Some AV software clears cookies. Also if you use programs like CCleaner they can clean cookies and affect a lot of other settings.

I'm using Firefox and have not had issues. So if it's browser specific it could also be related to add-ons and plug-ins.
    Looking at the page info for mmorpg.com it says " Connection not encrypted." It also says that it is storing cookies (MAAANY cookies it seems). My AV is not blocking anything site related it looks like. No anti-malware programs are running nor CCleaner used.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

bartoni33 said:
    Looking at the page info for mmorpg.com it says " Connection not encrypted." It also says that it is storing cookies (MAAANY cookies it seems). My AV is not blocking anything site related it looks like. No anti-malware programs are running nor CCleaner used.
    That's normal they don't have HTTPS enabled here for everyone. The cookies are also normal.

Those cookies should however retain your session, if you use another browser this doesn't keep happening does it?
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Forum profiles look awful on an iPhone, especially the reactions section. All the text is munged together. 

• Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Maybe yall are doing away with them? But all my Agrees,Insightful, Awesome and LoLs are going from my profile.  Also all the badges you use to get for those are also gone.
  • Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Somebody named "seribusatuseo" sent me a private message with spam (poker game related).  There is no way to complain about this.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    (On Chrome)

Performance: clicking on a thread title seems to take several seconds to load the discussion. Sometimes worse than others but always slow.

Formatting: The reaction buttons, especially the "quote" one sit right on top of the previous reaction icons for anyone who does not have signature lines.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    (On Chrome)

Performance: clicking on a thread title seems to take several seconds to load the discussion. Sometimes worse than others but always slow.

Formatting: The reaction buttons, especially the "quote" one sit right on top of the previous reaction icons for anyone who does not have signature lines.
    Page loads are slow on Firefox and Edge as well. I think it may be a scripting issue because asset loading seems reasonably fast.
    I'm having both problems that @Iselin and @Torval noted.  I'm on Firefox, and the reaction icons are hidden by the reaction buttons, so that not specific to Chrome.  Performance is pathetic when loading or navigating the forums on the Recent Discussions page.  The main page and login (and ads) are as quick as normal, but the forums won't load as well as they did, even with a fiber connection.

Even the default font seems odd, like it's all boldface.  I looked at my signature, it's there, but there is no way to determine what font type it is using.

And still no Underline!

I'd suggest reloading the old, non-open source forums, but I'd really prefer if you'd reload the version that came before them.  Okay, @Nanfoodle might have been a primary cause for dazzle-happiness among forum viewers, but the colors were good.  The forum's appearance has simply gone down since leaving that version behind.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    (On Chrome)

Page loads are slow on Firefox and Edge as well. I think it may be a scripting issue because asset loading seems reasonably fast.
    I'm having both problems that @Iselin and @Torval noted.  I'm on Firefox, and the reaction icons are hidden by the reaction buttons, so that not specific to Chrome.  Performance is pathetic when loading or navigating the forums on the Recent Discussions page.  The main page and login (and ads) are as quick as normal, but the forums won't load as well as they did, even with a fiber connection.

Even the default font seems odd, like it's all boldface.  I looked at my signature, it's there, but there is no way to determine what font type it is using.

And still no Underline!

I'd suggest reloading the old, non-open source forums, but I'd really prefer if you'd reload the version that came before them.  Okay, @Nanfoodle might have been a primary cause for dazzle-happiness among forum viewers, but the colors were good.  The forum's appearance has simply gone down since leaving that version behind.
    And by several seconds I mean the range is between 5 to 10s. At least today it never seems to be faster than 5s. Other things, such as clicking on the star icon to bookmark a thread also have a delay to them.
    MikeB
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Just wanted to let you guys know that even if we aren't responding to the issues you're raising we are reading them and working through what we can. Thanks for your continued patience and for your help identifying these issues.
    [Deleted User]bartoni33
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    In my best Northern English:
    It gone reet funny lad, slow as a carthorse on it's way t'nackers yard.
    Ah don't know what thee's done with it, but it's nowt as good as old'un.

Posts disappearing, sometimes they don't even show at all.
    Text and background colours blending in to each other.
    Pictures not showing on various pages.

Can we go back to an older version please.
    JudgeUK said:
    In my best Northern English:
    It gone reet funny lad, slow as a carthorse on it's way t'nackers yard.
    Ah don't know what thee's done with it, but it's nowt as good as old'un.

Posts disappearing, sometimes they don't even show at all.
    Text and background colours blending in to each other.
    Pictures not showing on various pages.

Can we go back to an older version please.
    Nope. Sorry. :(
    There are bits here and there, but the biggest impact is at the forum performance severely slower than before, I think the whole site is like that really.
    @MikeB

Loading much faster tonight. Almost instant occasionally. Whatever you did, good job!

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    @MikeB

Loading much faster tonight. Almost instant occasionally. Whatever you did, good job!
    Thank @Meddle. He's the real hero here.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Not sure if this has been said in the several dozen pages but when you guys post an article it shows up in recent discussions as "You have been blocked from seeing content on MMORPG.com"  obviously.. I haven't as I just commented on the story.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited May 2017
    I keep seeing, under "current forum activity" a message indicating that I'm blocked from seeing content on "mmorpg.com".

I can click on it, see the message but then click on the link to the article and access the article.

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    "You have been blocked from seeing content on MMORPG.com "

I see that as a thread title in the current forum activity section of the frontpage and when I click the link I see it in the Original Post aswell. 

[Deleted User]
    edited May 2017
    Sovrath said:
    I keep seeing, under "current forum activity" a message indicating that I'm blocked from seeing content on "mmorpg.com".

I can click on it, see the message but then click on the link to the article and access the article.

Yeah that's been happening since yesterday. It's a new version of "undefined discussion subject" when the auto script creates a thread based on an mmorpg.com article.

Before that I didn't even realize that there is some type of ban so extreme that it blocks some from even seeing content as this rogue sentence seems to indicate.
    SovrathKyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    It's okay I love this site and I will be patient. I get to come here daily and read and participate in discussions and I have some friends here I'd like to think. I did have an odd problem of it not allowing me to quote properly but that has been fixed today.
    Chamber of Chains
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    FireFox windows 7.  Recent posts seems to take a while to come up from time to time.  Also, not sure how often it is suppose to refresh.   After several minutes I hit F5 to refresh it.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• anymsanyms Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2017
    NARUTO ONLINE having some serious issue with the server merging and seriously , i have been banned in the forum because i keep asking them when can my server be merge , but i did what they asked , i post my request in the thread 10th april 2017 , but nothing happen , but the newest server than us were selected to merge , then they open a new thread for another request on1st may 2017 , so i repost (request)request again in that thread and my server is not selected again , so i sent personally to the moderator , and he opened a new thread and again the same thing i did as before (re-re-request) . then i post a thread into the general discussion and personally sent the moderator a message . after that , i have been banned and blocked ,so i cant contact the administrator. so i lost right now, not just me , but other server had the same issue as my server . the moderator keep open a new servers like almost everyday . we had a small no. of players. we only wants to merge . the evidences i have kept with me until now . anyone knows what must i do ? should i quit? because i want to quit but i want to help the other servers before i quit. they had played so long . so i want to stand up before i quit . 
    Iselin
    Torval said:
    Nice job on the gamification plugin. The color titles in small font below the avatar looks much more tasteful and less distracting than the name being fully colored. I hope you'll keep with this sort of design. Sometimes a little goes a long way at least in this case.
    I can see the colors on Edge but on Chrome they are all white.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    It is REALLY important to me to see the date when a post was made.It is hard to access how meaningful a post is with out it.